Religious map

I can help with Latin America, but, first of all, you'll need a better basemap with local administration. Another option is to use state/province level data, which is easily accessible online, however, I'm afraid it'd make Latin America a big yellow blob (which isn't far from true tbh).

upload_2017-11-14_21-48-3.png
This is all I have...
And some Siberia as well
upload_2017-11-14_22-41-27.png

That's what I thought. It only shows states and provinces, it will be hard to find a non-Catholic plurality/majority in this level. However, I don't think that data about provinces/states would be hard to find. The map won't be as complex as everywhere else though.

EDIT: I have a basemap for Brazilian municipalities, but it's beyond my skills to integrate it into your map.

Found something even better:

https://confins.revues.org/7785?lang=pt
Here's a study about the percentage of each of the main religions - it's in Portuguese but the maps are pretty self-explanatory IMHO (ask me if you have some trouble to understand it). Is it easy to cross examine the maps with a image editor? Probably if you manipulate the colors..

Also, these aren't municipalities, but a "micro-region" (a subdivision only used in statistics). Here's a cleaner version.
img-8.png

That's what I thought. It only shows states and provinces, it will be hard to find a non-Catholic plurality/majority in this level. However, I don't think that data about provinces/states would be hard to find. The map won't be as complex as everywhere else though.

EDIT: I have a basemap for Brazilian municipalities, but it's beyond my skills to integrate it into your map.
As I recall, there's a belt of Hindu plurality across the Guianas.

Come on ppl, as having only a province basemap, it doesn't ncessarily mean we have to take into account only province level data :) . Like I have districts of Russia on the map, but as you see my colours don't follow the district borders, they helpful though for better orientation

Irkutsk region, and Buryatia, as well as Zabaykalia. Changed the Tengri colour a little, and the original Tengri colour is now for Siberian shamanism. Found out the Russian sourced map wasright, as most of Tuvans are actually Buddhist today.
upload_2017-11-20_14-44-43.png

Found something even better:

https://confins.revues.org/7785?lang=pt
Here's a study about the percentage of each of the main religions - it's in Portuguese but the maps are pretty self-explanatory IMHO (ask me if you have some trouble to understand it). Is it easy to cross examine the maps with a image editor? Probably if you manipulate the colors..

Also, these aren't municipalities, but a "micro-region" (a subdivision only used in statistics). Here's a cleaner version.
img-8.png
Cool, can you find me a table of the religion at micro region level? Thanks!
Also, since you're Portuguese, do you know if there are surveys/censuses/studies about the languages of Brazil? I need it for a map