Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Nice find, was actually gonna use the basemap for a Generalplan Ost map. So you use the pen tool?
I used the pencil tool for most parts but I used this map to experiment with paths as well. For some of the backgrounds I used pattens.
Good luck with your map, I'm looking forward to seeing it. If have any more questions just send me a PM. :)

Left Turn At Albuquerque- Map of an apparently unrealistic randomid empire or micro-state or anything in between, where the map or caption explains why they exist. Could be space-fillers, millennia old states, very lost tribes, odd coincidence, or whatever.

I don't have any ideas for one, it's just a pitch that I didn't see. Or missed.

The Cake Was A Lie, Eat The Humble Pie
Make a map where a polity returns fettered into a community which it proudly used to withdraw from.

Yeah, of course I mean Brexit. But you can also take a re-integration of a recently reformed former pariah state into the international community. Or just Catalonia. Have your cake and eat it too. Cheers.

Don Quijote

Banned
Make a map where a polity returns fettered into a community which it proudly used to withdraw from.

Yeah, of course I mean Brexit. But you can also take a re-integration of a recently reformed former pariah state into the international community. Or just Catalonia. Have your cake and eat it too. Cheers.
You've done this before, take it to the Brexit Thread.

You've done this before, take it to the Brexit Thread.
Still, it's a good contest idea if you remove the ongoing politics from it. The readmission of the CSA to the USA could be another example.

The World is my Oyster Plate
Make an althistory map depicting varieties of food or drinks, like the Italian wine regions or a French cheese map. For example the Napoleonic empire would combine French, some Italian, the German Rhineland and the Catalan Cava wine regions.

Last edited:
Winning is Cheating
Make a map of a large empire being founded in a very short amount of time. Examples include San Stefano Bulgaria and a victorious Nazi Germany.

VT45

Banned
Good thing I reread the prompt before doing the map. I was originally gonna do two country maps!

VT45

Banned
It’s Volcano Day
Make a map of the effects of a natural disaster, either imminent or recent.

Romanize Me Cap'n!
Make a map of a Roman city in a location that was never part of the Roman Empire (eg what would a Roman style city look like if one were built on the site of Montreal).

Last edited: