Status
Not open for further replies.
Vermont has a genuine history and spirit in the Green Mountain Republic.
Which only existed in the first place because they got tired of being fought over by NY & NH.
They basically stood up and said "Screw both of y'all, we're our own separate country now!" Which admittedly doesn't get much more American, but the fact remains...clerical error.
If the NH/NY border had been conclusively and unambiguously decided beforehand, or someone had enforced one claim over the other and settled the issue...there wouldn't be a "Vermont".

Which only existed in the first place because they got tired of being fought over by NY & NH.
They basically stood up and said "Screw both of y'all, we're our own separate country now!" Which admittedly doesn't get much more American, but the fact remains...clerical error.
If the NH/NY border had been conclusively and unambiguously decided beforehand, or someone had enforced one claim over the other and settled the issue...there wouldn't be a "Vermont".
Regardless of the reason why, it still has a meaningful spirit behind it. Delaware does not

I was going to enter this for the Weekly Flag Challenge, but I got distracted and missed the deadline.

So I'm just going to leave it here:

The flag of Kaos

9GZ8tL4.png

Black and white stand for the artificial duality of Law that are overcome by the red and black of Chaos, with the central symbol denoting infinite possibilities.

ST15RM

Banned
Ok just stop it with arguing about how the states should be! Do you want a mod to come in and shut this thread down?

Hello! I've got more US state flags for y'all. This time it's North Dakota.
The OTL flag...
2000px-North_Dakota_State_Flag.svg.png

And the improved flag...
northdakhootflag.png

The Arrow head represents the native culture of the region
The blue star represents the state
the smaller arrow head is to show it's affiliation with the USA
The White and Blue represent the sky and the snowy ground; the climate of the state

As always, feedback is welcomed. Next improved US state flag is Louisiana.

Last edited:

ST15RM

Banned
Looks much nicer.
For north Dakota, fatten up the Inner arrowhead, and maybe add a star in the middle but otherwise nice job.

Hello again! Got another flag, this time Louisiana...
The old flag...
Louisiana_state_flag.png

The improved flag...
alternateloisflag.png

The blue stands for the Gulf of Mexico.
The green stands for the swamps of the state.
The Fleur De Lis stands for the French based culture and history of the area.

As always, feedback is welcomed. Next improved US state flag is New York.

Last edited:
I might make a separate thread for this since it seems like y'all like the redesigned state flags and it there's enough poor state flags to make quite a few of these.

Deleted member 97083

Some French ideological flags for an ATL French Revolution, with a POD in 1492, that uses Ancient Roman terminology (Optimates, Populares, Triarii) for its factions. Based on the situation in the 1492: Hello Cruel World game

The Optimates/Royalists/Arch-Conservative Catholics. Nobility, royalty, clergy.
reactionaryfrance-png.354968

The Populares, the proto-Liberals fully embracing the Enlightenment, and a little further, thanks to peasant rebellions' manifestos. The movement of the people.
radicalfrance-png.354970

The Triarii, the meritocratic, but military-dominated faction. Parliament, military, and bourgeois. (Note, the fasces did not have the fascist connotations then.)
neoromanfrance-png.354969

The Brigands (who aren't quite a political faction but nonetheless fight against foreign invaders).
darkfrance-png.354971

Status
Not open for further replies.