Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some input on this flag for my TL in development, it's for a Pan-Scandinavian government called the Federation of Nordic Peoples.
1 works better as a derivation of the Kalmar Union flag and reference to the Nordic flags without being a Denmark + Sweden flag.
2 unfortunately looks like a red cross over the Swedish flag.

fashbasher

Banned
gc30ECf.png

Communist Suriname, Fascist Haiti, Communist Haiti, Absolutist Haiti
Communist Jamaica, Fascist Jamaica, Absolutist Jamaica

Hi, as a Delaware native I've always sort of disliked the design of the Delaware flag. Much like the other US state flags, it's dominated by the state seal in the center.In addition, the founding date of Delaware is put on the bottom-center of the flag. All of this makes for a complicated flag and one that generally doesn't look that great.
600px-Flag_of_Delaware.svg.png

(The old flag for reference)
For those reasons, I redesigned the flag to be simpler and more visually appealing, while still retaining the symbolism of the flag. Here it is...

niew dela flag.png

The New Flag uses a Nordic Cross design. This is because Delaware was first colonized and settled by the Swedes.
The gold part of the flag is in reference to Sweden while the blue is in reference to both Sweden, and the flag used by Delawarean regiments in the American Civil War, which was the state seal on a field of blue. It also represents the Delaware Bay and Atlantic Ocean which Delaware borders. The Three Stars in the canton represent the three counties of Delaware: Sussex, Kent and New Castle. The Green backdrop in the canton represents the forests and foliage of Delaware.

So there you go! Please leave feedback on how I can improve this design.

Last edited:
But that's just the ting, and you're more qualified to speak on this than I am, but: what culture is there in Delaware?
Honestly, most of Delawarean culture is pretty much an offshoot of Philadelphia. (which is why I think that Delaware should be part of PA if it joined another state.)

Wrong, Pennyslvania, since it was literally a puppet colony of Pennsylvania in the early 18th century. Nice borders be damned, this is simply the fact.
Well yes, you're right from a geopolitical standpoint. That said, there are the nice borders and the fact that it's sufficiently "generic Midatlantic" that I don't see it as sticking out like a sore thumb.

I've got two more improved state flags for y'all, they are Vermont and Washington State.

For Vermont, the current flag is the state seal on a blue field.
Flag_of_Vermont.jpg

And now the improved flag...
awltvermflague.png

The green represents the foliage and nature of Vermont, as environmental friendliness. The blue represents the many lakes of the region and the tree is a commonly used symbol for New England and represents the nature.

The Washington flag is currently the state seal on a green background.
Flag-of-Washington-state.jpg

And here's the improved version...
washingflag..png

The Flag is based on the flag of Cascadia (Oregon, Washington and British Columbia) the main difference is that the lower green section is not a straight line, but in the outline of a mountain, a symbol of Washington's geography.

Welp that's it. Next flag is North Dakota

Last edited:
Hi, as a Delaware native I've always sort of disliked the design of the Delaware flag. Much like the other US state flags, it's dominated by the state seal in the center.In addition, the founding date of Delaware is put on the bottom-center of the flag. All of this makes for a complicated flag and one that generally doesn't look that great.
600px-Flag_of_Delaware.svg.png

(The old flag for reference)
For those reasons, I redesigned the flag to be simpler and more visually appealing, while still retaining the symbolism of the flag. Here it is...

View attachment 354552
The New Flag uses a Nordic Cross design. This is because Delaware was first colonized and settled by the Swedes.
The gold part of the flag is in reference to Sweden while the blue is in reference to both Sweden, and the flag used by Delawarean regiments in the American Civil War, which was the state seal on a field of blue. It also represents the Delaware Bay and Atlantic Ocean which Delaware borders. The Three Stars in the canton represent the three counties of Delaware: Sussex, Kent and New Castle. The Green backdrop in the canton represents the forests and foliage of Delaware.

So there you go! Please leave feedback on how I can improve this design.
I like that flag!
To join in on the argument with my $0.02, "DelMarVa" is a stupid name and Delaware should occupy the entire peninsula...

I've got two more improved state flags for y'all, they are Vermont and Washington State.

For Vermont, the current flag is the state seal on a blue field.
Flag_of_Vermont.jpg

And now the improved flag...
View attachment 354578
The green represents the foliage and nature of Vermont, as environmental friendliness. The blue represents the many lakes of the region and the tree is a commonly used symbol for New England and represents the nature.

The Washington flag is currently the state seal on a green background.
Flag-of-Washington-state.jpg

And here's the improved version...
View attachment 354579
The Flag is based on the flag of Cascadia (Oregon, Washington and British Columbia) the main difference is that the lower green section is not a straight line, but in the outline of a mountain, a symbol of Washington's geography.

Welp that's it. Next flag is North Dakota
Now Vermont on the other hand is a nonsense State. It's very existence is a clerical error exacerbated by a pissing contest between New York and New Hampshire.
I like your flags though.

Status
Not open for further replies.