Part XXIV - Chersonesus
Part XXV - Canal Zone Territory
Part XXVI - West Florida
Part XXVII - Missouri
Part XXVIII - Colorado
Part XXIX - Trinidad and Tobago
Part XXX - Pennsylvania
Part XXXI - Wisconsin

The state of Lincoln is one of the three states created as a result of the American Civil War, being established as a state in recognition of the efforts of the Jackson rebellion lead by former slave James Jones and abolitionist Stuart Knight. While originally intended to be named the state of Douglass after Frederick Douglass when Abraham's Lincoln was assassinated in 1863 by a bitter Southern nationalist during his the famous Reunification speech the decision was made to name the state in honor of the late president. As the state with the second highest proportion of freed slaves in the Union, the state's Republican leadership soon pursued a radical policy of land redistribution, seizing land from any former slave owners to hand out to the freedmen. As a result of this policy most whites soon fled the state, leading it to have 91% black population as only scalawags and carpetbaggers remained behind.

As a result, similar to all black state of Trinidad and Tobago the state of Lincoln remained solid blue throughout the late 1800s and into the early 1900s, until the National Unionists took over the black vote share in the 1930s. However, it was also during the 30s when many blacks began to migrate out of Lincoln towards more industrialized cities in the North, leading to depopulation that allowed white migrants to buy back some land from black farmers who moved north. This lead to some counties in the state once again regaining a white majority, though the state as a whole remains 65% black.

Nevertheless, when the National Union party disintegrated in 1974 the state soon came under the control of the Black Baptist Bloc, which was a party founded in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. and other civil rights activists. Ever since then the state has been a safe state for the Bloc, winning by massive margins in large swathes of the states and even having a few seats which have been uncontested for decades. Their own true political opposition comes from the Labor party, who occasionally wins enough of the urban black vote to force a coalition government. Such a situation occurred just as recently as 2014, however the Labor's party catastrophic defeat on a national level in 2016 left them with only seven seats as the race polarized between Democrats and the Black Baptist Bloc.

However in this year's election the Labor party has managed to rebound, gaining five seats at the expense of both the BBB and the Democrats, giving them majorities in both Hind and Desoto counties. Despite this better than expected performance on the part of Labor it still was nowhere near enough to unseat the Bloc's ruling majority, leading to yet another two years of moderately conservative policies.

Government:
Black Baptist Bloc - By far the most dominant party, their ideology is not too far off from that of the Democrats socially and economically, yet their historic opposition to segregation has left them the eternal antagonists of the Democrats. The Bloc is also for the most part aligned with Labor in Congress, however this remains a loose bond which can be easily broken, as it was most famously from 1998 to 2002 during the Labor-Democratic coalition.

Opposition:
Democrats - The party of white southerners, social conservatism, and center left economics, Lincoln is the only Southern state which has never had a Democratic government and even as demographics has shifted in their favor that fact is only likely to change anytime soon.
Labor - A socially conservative branch of Labor, as most of the party's Southern branches are, its main distinguishing feature is it's overwhelming black membership, as less than one in six of its supporters are white.
Republicans - The only fiscally conservative party in the state of Lincoln, they still manage to hang on some of the most urban areas of the state and are presently the most diverse branch of the GOP, with a 40% black voter base.

lincoln_by_moralisticcommunist-dbsqazi.png

Credit for the basemap goes to Chicxulub.

It's still plagiarism if it's wikipedia.
No, that is not plagiarism. It is the Holland electoral scenario which I posted earlier, but a fuller, fleshed-out version of it that I wrote, on my account under this same name, on fiction.wikia.com. That is where I post my articles, scenarios, images, etc. If you look at the article attribution, the image licenses, etc., they are attached with my name. The images, data, and scenario are of my creation.

Power to the States (I've had this name for a while idk why I didn't use it)

New York is a unusual and politically diverse state. Its party-fusion laws add statewide parties to may elections, such as in 1998 when New York's Innovation Party won. In 2014 the dominating Progressive Party was expected to win, especially with popular governor Zyphr Teachout running for re-election. However, the Liberal Party of New York began to dislike Teachout's growing left-wing legislation and refused to
fusion with her. They ended up nominating Attorney Barack Obama. With the left being split the Conservative Party had a very high chance of winning. With vote-splitting in various areas, and a fantastic campaign by Obama caused Conservative candidate Donald Trump Jr. to win with a plurality.

rERIZjLI-wS4--dj-b57l_sdhmQVHVhmbIycCWscD8vNn-w_HtDVT5J2LDWPSZqv3JJfv2GCjib-NcGU_NVklAd-Tg3p4UK1hPDti-0O4mlITGv5chaZw0RCLxrD0xQVIBjGqa6o

Donald Trump Jr. (Conservative-Innovation-Citizens for Liberty
fusion) 45.3% PV
Zyphr Teachout (Progressive-Rainbow Coalition fusion) 32.4% PV
Barack Obama (Liberal-Unity fusion) 22.3% PV

Last edited:
Sorry for the misunderstanding. His map was not plagiarized. His writeup absolutely was.
To quote

Calthrina's writeup of 2020: Although Dickenson had been successful in rallying conservatives, he was unable to broaden his base of support for the general election. Shortly before the Republican Convention, he had alienated moderate Republicans by his vote against the Criminal Justice Reform Act, which Holland championed and signed into law. Dickenson said that he considered criminal justice a states rights issue, rather than a national policy, and believed the 2020 act to be unconstitutional. Dickenson's vote against the legislation helped cause African Americans and Hispanics to overwhelmingly support Holland. Dickenson had previously voted in favor of the 2014 and 2016 Drug Policy and Rehabilitation Acts, but only after proposing "restrictive amendments" to them. He was also infamous for speaking "off the cuff" at times, and many of his former statements were given wide publicity by the Democrats. In the early 2010s, Dickenson had called the Alexander administration a "betrayal to the American people", and the former president never forgave him or offered his full support in the election.

In December 2017, he told a news conference that "sometimes I think this country would be better off it we could cut out all the big states and let them float into the sea", a remark which indicated his dislike of the liberal economic and social policies associated with those parts of the country. That comment came back to haunt him, in the form of a Holland television commercial, as did remarks about eliminating the Federal Reserve, making Social Security voluntary, ending inoculation programs, and abolishing the Tennessee Valley Authority. In his most infamous verbal gaffe, Dickenson once talked about "the need to embrace all of God's children, blacks and whites, browns and oranges, reds and yellows", a comment that was viewed as racially insensitive by many.

Dickenson was also hurt by the reluctance of many prominent Republicans to support him. Governors John Kasich of Ohio and Charlie Baker of Massachusetts refused to endorse Dickenson and did not campaign for him. On the other hand, former Vice-President Pete Wilson and Governor Rick Scott of Florida loyally supported the GOP ticket and campaigned for Dickenson, although Wilson did not entirely agree with Dickenson's political stances and said that his platform needed to be "challenged and altered" by the party. Several prominent Republican outlets, including the New Hampshire Union-Leader, the Houston Chronicle, Dallas Morning News, the Columbus Dispatch, the San Diego Union-Dispatch, The Detroit News, The Chicago Tribune, and the Cincinnati Enquirer, supported Holland in the general election, the first time they had endorsed a Democrat in many decades. Some moderates even formed a "Republicans for Holland" organization, although most prominent GOP politicians avoided being associated with it.

Alexander's strong backing could have been an asset to the Dickenson campaign, but its absence was clearly noted. When questioned about the political capabilities of the President's son Will, in July 2020, Dickenson replied, "One Alexander a generation is enough." However, Alexander did not openly repudiate Dickenson and made one television commercial for Dickenson's campaign.

Wikipedia's writeup of the 1964 election: Although Goldwater had been successful in rallying conservatives, he was unable to broaden his base of support for the general election. Shortly before the Republican Convention, he had alienated moderate Republicans by his vote against the Civil Rights Act of 1964,[9] which Johnson championed and signed into law. Goldwater said that he considered desegregation a states rights issue, rather than a national policy, and believed the 1964 act to be unconstitutional. Goldwater’s vote against the legislation helped cause African-Americans to overwhelmingly support Johnson.[10]Goldwater had previously voted in favor of the 1957 and 1960 Civil Rights acts, but only after proposing "restrictive amendments" to them.[10]Goldwater was famous for speaking "off-the-cuff" at times, and many of his former statements were given wide publicity by the Democrats. In the early 1960s, Goldwater had called the Eisenhower administration “a dime store New Deal”, and the former president never fully forgave him or offered him his full support in the election.

In December 1961, he told a news conference that “sometimes I think this country would be better off if we could just saw off the Eastern Seaboardand let it float out to sea”, a remark which indicated his dislike of the liberal economic and social policies that were often associated with that part of the nation. That comment came back to haunt him, in the form of a Johnson television commercial,[11] as did remarks about making Social Securityvoluntary[12] and selling the Tennessee Valley Authority. In his most famous verbal gaffe, Goldwater once joked that the U.S. military should “lob one [a nuclear bomb] into the men’s room of the Kremlin” in the Soviet Union.

Goldwater was also hurt by the reluctance of many prominent moderate Republicans to support him. Governors Nelson Rockefeller of New York and George Romney of Michigan refused to endorse Goldwater and did not campaign for him. On the other hand, former Vice-President Richard Nixon and Governor Scranton of Pennsylvania loyally supported the GOP ticket and campaigned for Goldwater, although Nixon did not entirely agree with Goldwater’s political stances and said that it would “be a tragedy” if Goldwater’s platform were not "challenged and repudiated" by the Republicans.[13]The New York Herald-Tribune, a voice for eastern Republicans (and a target for Goldwater activists during the primaries), supported Johnson in the general election. Some moderates even formed a “Republicans for Johnson” organization, although most prominent GOP politicians avoided being associated with it.

Eisenhower’s strong backing could have been an asset to the Goldwater campaign, but instead its absence was clearly noticed. When questioned about the presidential capabilities of the former president’s younger brother, university administrator Milton S. Eisenhower, in July 1964, Goldwater replied, “One Eisenhower in a generation is enough.” However, Eisenhower did not openly repudiate Goldwater and made one television commercial for Goldwater’s campaign.[20]

The following paragraphs are the same story.
Are you really that bad of a writer Calthrina?

No, that is not plagiarism. It is the Holland electoral scenario which I posted earlier, but a fuller, fleshed-out version of it that I wrote, on my account under this same name, on fiction.wikia.com. That is where I post my articles, scenarios, images, etc. If you look at the article attribution, the image licenses, etc., they are attached with my name. The images, data, and scenario are of my creation.
Your writeup for the scenario was a wikipedia summary where you changed a few words.

Your writeup for the scenario was a wikipedia summary where you changed a few words.
What is wrong with you? I just posted one of my scenarios here, and you get all into a rage. You didn't even bother to make any comments about the scenario. And if you bothered to look at the rest of the page, or at the pages attached to the states, you wouldn't have formed that opinion.

I don't think he should get kicked or banned, but plagiarizing wikipedia is bad, and should be called out.
And if people like you are going to come in and make harshly critical comments on my work like this, ripping into the scenario without even considering it, then I will not post any of my material here any longer. I was trying to supplement the scenario by providing my writeup of it on a different wiki. I did use the 1964 election as an inspiration for the scenario, but I also looked at the previous scenarios I had done, information from US Election Atlas, and from elsewhere on this board. All of the numbers, percentages, figures, maps, statistics, characters, are of my own creation. You also went over by launching a personal attack through criticism of my writing skills. That was uncalled for.

Deleted member 87099

I don't think he should get kicked or banned, but plagiarizing wikipedia is bad, and should be called out.

Don't "call someone out" if you suspect plagiarism. Report the post with the plagiarism instead, the mods will handle it from there.

Don't "call someone out" if you suspect plagiarism. Report the post with the plagiarism instead, the mods will handle it from there.
And I did not post my scenario here, I provided a link to it. If I knew that someone like that user would rip into it as they did, I would never have even posted the link.

Deleted member 87099

And I did not post my scenario here, I provided a link to it. If I knew that someone like that user would rip into it as they did, I would never have even posted the link.

I see that, I'm just telling Thomas Johnson that he shouldn't do something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.