Should the President be able to be re-elected in consecutive terms?

• Yes

Votes: 24 96.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good update; now we see how China broke apart. It looks like it's going to go through a worse time than OTL...

Wonder how the Taiping win. OTOH, now we know why many Chinese immigrated to the Lone Star Republic...

Waiting for more, of course...

And so the great empire breaks. Ethnic religious cracks the line for the fractures.

So violent revolutions along the borders. Two becoming client states to Europeans. Hmm, there seems to be implications the tsar will not running Russia for very long. Another Great War casualty?

Good for the Mongols to resist an assimilation plot.

And the Qing aren't gong down without a fight as seen with the two crushed rebellions. I am guessing the core Chinese states will get an anti-Muslim streak with the Muslim breakaway states and them aligning with the West?

Bad move on France's part. Their lease has a rime limit even. Trying to Francify will only agitate the neighbors who it would e better to pacify with the thought if they are patient they will get the city back. Also I expect many even in Yucatan are not enthused at the idea of the French being parked permanently at a major gulf port.

While the Qing are being pressured on all sides, it's not like they can't win any victories with British support and the overwhelming numerical superiority. The reason the Hui and the Nian lost their revolutions was because they were poorly-led and highly disorganized. If they had an effective leader and some semblance of unity then they could've won.

There will be large anti-Islamic and anti-Christian sentiments in Qing China after the wars thanks to the efforts of the God-worshipers and the Hui Muslims.

France is doing this because they are mostly expecting Mexico to break apart and possibly descend into civil war. While Juaerz has had a good track record, he hasn't really trained anyone for succession yet and Mexico hasn't really had any good experiences with the replacement of strongmen like Santa Anna and Juarez. It's another idealistic thought that Veracruz will want French stability over the chaos of Mexico. Yucatan is mostly okay with this for now since they're trying to recover, but eventually they will want Veracruz for themselves.

Will Yaqub Beg try to incorporate the Hui region into his domain in the future?

Not for now no. He's got thousands of miles of Qing territory between Xianjing and the rest of Hui China in the South. It's best for Xianjing to play defense in the steppes then go on the offense. Plus there's the fact that Yunnan wants to be its own independent state.

What country is Charlie Kai-Shek president for? Texas?

Yes he's the President of Texas. He's also this guy:

220px-%E8%94%A3%E4%B8%AD%E6%AD%A3%E8%82%96%E5%83%8F%28%E4%B8%8A%E8%89%B2%29.jpg

I'm surprised no one made any remarks about the appearance of Kim Il-Sung, I would've thought that would at least raise a few brows.

Not for now no. He's got thousands of miles of Qing territory between Xianjing and the rest of Hui China in the South. It's best for Xianjing to play defense in the steppes then go on the offense. Plus there's the fact that Yunnan wants to be its own independent state.

Makes sense. Though it's easy to imagine how this Warring States Era will create an even larger and more influential Chinese Diaspora than OTL, which could lead to an earlier rise to Xenophobic bans.

Wait, if Kim Il-Sung is president of China, does that mean that potentially Kim Jung-Un will one day be president of China?

If that's the case, I see why this world needs Trump twitter account....

Wait, if Kim Il-Sung is president of China, does that mean that potentially Kim Jung-Un will one day be president of China?

If that's the case, I see why this world needs Trump twitter account....

Naw, Kim Il-Sung is still going to become Head of State for Korea, but he's not going to be Supreme Leader and we're not going to have any North Korea-esque state for the peninsula. As a bit of a spoiler, I planned to have Kim Jong-Il die in a car crash in the 1970's, so no Kim Jong-Un.

Naw, Kim Il-Sung is still going to become Head of State for Korea, but he's not going to be Supreme Leader and we're not going to have any North Korea-esque state for the peninsula. As a bit of a spoiler, I planned to have Kim Jong-Il die in a car crash in the 1970's, so no Kim Jong-Un.

Well shucks, now who is Trump going to call "Little Rocket Man" on twitter?

While Juaerz has had a good track record, he hasn't really trained anyone for succession yet and Mexico hasn't really had any good experiences with the replacement of strongmen like Santa Anna and Juarez.

Hmm, with how driven Juarez is I am surprised he would not start grooming a successor shortly after the war ended. After all his great quest is unfinished and he was witness and player to the post Santa Anna chaos. It seems like he would work hard to protect his legacy and want to ensure Mexico even after he is gone can continue his vengist goals.

The return of colonialism to Mexican shores would seem to only highlight the urgent need to ensure Mexican unity and strength.

He is not president of China, he calls the Chinese dogs. Ehich implies Korea will not have good relations with China, at least under his tenure.

Good update; now we see how China broke apart. It looks like it's going to go through a worse time than OTL...
If the map I'm keeping update is anything to go by, yeah, China got the short end of the stick. Speaking of the map...

upload_2017-10-31_21-5-41.png

I'm a little at a loss of what to do with that mess of green up in the north east. Chris, how would you like me to carve it up?

If the map I'm keeping update is anything to go by, yeah, China got the short end of the stick. Speaking of the map...

View attachment 352106
I'm a little at a loss of what to do with that mess of green up in the north east. Chris, how would you like me to carve it up?

I've got an official map that I'll post in the next chapter which will show the post-war situation. Borders will be clearly defined there.

One funny thing regarding France's innvolvement in Formosa. Their treaty with the Taiping only gave them 'the right to own it'. Last I checked Formosa was still in Qing hands. So really the French are going to invade Qinbg territory and conquer formosa. All that treaty did was make the Taiping recognize the pending French conquest as legitimate. The Yunnan sultanate will likely also have to recognize this as part of their deals with France.

Hmm, with how driven Juarez is I am surprised he would not start grooming a successor shortly after the war ended. After all his great quest is unfinished and he was witness and player to the post Santa Anna chaos. It seems like he would work hard to protect his legacy and want to ensure Mexico even after he is gone can continue his vengist goals.

The return of colonialism to Mexican shores would seem to only highlight the urgent need to ensure Mexican unity and strength.

He is not president of China, he calls the Chinese dogs. Ehich implies Korea will not have good relations with China, at least under his tenure.

Oh sorry, I miss read. Though a china led by a member of the Kim dynasty certainly would be terrifying.

Houston Astros Number One Baby!! As a life-long Astros fan, especially after going through the disaster that was '05, I have to say that this is one of my happiest days to see the Astros win the World Series. Good game to the Dodgers and go H-Town!!! Since this is such a special occasion for Houston and Texas overall, I plan to release within the next few weeks a special chapter to fast forward and show the Astros at the 1980 World Series TTL, with a special appearance of legendary ace Nolan Ryan. Stay tuned for more and God bless Houston. Go Stros!

DBPqrcNXsAARtoe.jpg

I'm wondering, did Quebec send any support to the union during the civil war?

Oh and sorry about bring up the civil war again, after it already ended a couple of updates ago.