Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Louisiana doesn't look like a double digit Democratic victory here, but it's possible depending on the margins. Idaho looks like it's within 5% to me, but 8 is possible.
I used Bel Edwards's map from 2015 as a guide for this scenario, and mind you, he won by about 12 points. Though decades ago, with civil rights and voting rights issues still transpiring, and with different demographics, it may not be the case on this map. As for Idaho, I used some Democratic gubernatorial map from the 1980s or thereabouts as a template. But I will probably go back to Idaho and add Canyon County so as to make sure the margin is at 8%.

Defeated Former Gov Herbert Lehman in the 1947 Primary or did he step aside?
1946 Election. I didn't consider her primary opponents, but I assume Lehman would have stepped aside. IOTL, people did try to get her to run for governor or senator, but she never seriously considered it.

genusmap.php

What has went wrong here?

Donald Trump wins the Democratic nomination in 2004 and runs basically the same campaign as he did in 2016, except as a left-populist instead of a right-populist. he narrowly beats Dubya.

genusmap.php

Donald Trump (D-NY)/Mark Warner (D-VA) 50.4% Popular Vote - 310 Electoral Votes
George W. Bush (R-TX)/Dick Cheney (R-WY) 47.9% Popular Vote - 228 Electoral Votes

2008 (this assumes the financial crisis does not happen as it did IOTL)

genusmap.php

Donald Trump (D-NY)/Mark Warner (D-VA) - 57.5% Popular Vote - 443 Electoral Votes
Mitt Romney (R-MA)/Duncan Hunter (R-CA) - 42.8% Popular Vote - 95 Electoral Votes

I think my version is more plausible.

fashbasher

Banned
A quick search revealed that I couldn't find any Biden v. Trump maps on this thread so here are a couple showing a Biden victory and then a Trump victory. Grey represents marginal states that are not essential to either man's path to victory.

spNi0x7.png

The Biden victory is more likely imo; the Trump victory would probably result in his vulnerabilities from the left (on student loans, Iraq, racial gaffes, drug policy, and "hands-on" attitude towards women) turning away college students and female voters as well as veterans, and perhaps a stronger left-wing challenger than Jill Stein getting lots of college student votes. The "Pussygate" scandal doesn't really take root because Trump immediately counters with video of Biden and maybe is even to manufacture an October surprise in the form of a woman coming forward. This, remind you, is unlikely but he definitely had weaknesses that a savvy Republican could exploit.

A quick search revealed that I couldn't find any Biden v. Trump maps on this thread so here are a couple showing a Biden victory and then a Trump victory. Grey represents marginal states that are not essential to either man's path to victory.

spNi0x7.png

The Biden victory is more likely imo; the Trump victory would probably result in his vulnerabilities from the left (on student loans, Iraq, racial gaffes, drug policy, and "hands-on" attitude towards women) turning away college students and female voters as well as veterans, and perhaps a stronger left-wing challenger than Jill Stein getting lots of college student votes. The "Pussygate" scandal doesn't really take root because Trump immediately counters with video of Biden and maybe is even to manufacture an October surprise in the form of a woman coming forward. This, remind you, is unlikely but he definitely had weaknesses that a savvy Republican could exploit.
I honestly think that Biden is the best overall candidate to defeat Trump. Maybe pic related for overall?
K24jk.png

Status
Not open for further replies.