Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I think someone in here would like: a map of south east Britain made for Polish soldiers in the second world war...

xu6hdf67fcuz.jpg

...with everything written phonetically :p

Something I think someone in here would like: a map of south east Britain made for Polish soldiers in the second world war...

xu6hdf67fcuz.jpg

...with everything written phonetically :p
Instead of using ambigous letters designed more than three millenia ago, by a nation that wasn't even christian yet, how about we all invent a "western" alphabet with all proper phonetics? (And no, I don't mean the IPA)

We could of course also just convert to Chinese or this:
a6c4f106e7834fabf576a0edbdcb7b1a.jpg

W8SOtQR.png

Crossover between Leviathan, TL-191, and the Drakaverse, with some other changes for varying reasons (mostly to make things not-so OTL in areas). Before this world's WW1.

Updated the WorldA to include one particular... recent development:

GwDA69m.png
We're all looking at Catalonia right now but I think Kurdistan definitely deserves the red line to separate them from Iraq these days as they have declared independence too and are fighting with Iraq now. Also the area controlled by ISIS should be updated.
This from the BBC as of one week ago:
territory-control_976.png

That's much less then they are shown as on that map.

We're all looking at Catalonia right now but I think Kurdistan definitely deserves the red line to separate them from Iraq these days as they have declared independence too and are fighting with Iraq now. Also the area controlled by ISIS should be updated.
This from the BBC as of one week ago:

That's much less then they are shown as on that map.
I googled it, and the latest press releases talk about a ceasefire. Have they actually declared independence?

Golden Alteration surface map.png

I've been working on this for far too long.

Following a generic Central Powers victory in World War 1, this scenario occurs. I'm not really in the mood right now to type up a full overview of the timeline, so if you're curious or confused about anything on this map just ask.

Crossover between Leviathan
SOLD.
Maybe the Draka undergo a revolution and becomes a African Communist State if the Archona Alliance does the worst?? (Commie Drakas.)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the entire Draka society base itself around inequality? I'd imagine Communism utterly destroying their society. If anything it'd be a massive serf revolt. Those Draka that remain would probably be tortured to death.

SOLD.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the entire Draka society base itself around inequality? I'd imagine Communism utterly destroying their society. If anything it'd be a massive serf revolt. Those Draka that remain would probably be tortured to death.

That's what I meant.

View attachment 351308

I've been working on this for far too long.

Following a generic Central Powers victory in World War 1, this scenario occurs. I'm not really in the mood right now to type up a full overview of the timeline, so if you're curious or confused about anything on this map just ask.

This is a nicely done map, but I'm not too sure what to think about the scenario itself. Some critiques:

1.)I'm not quite convinced *Austria-Hungary, regardless of the name, can plausibly survive to the present day in anything even partly resembling it's old form, with a POD in 1916. That country was already having a lot of problems as it was.

2.)Same for the Ottoman Empire, too, and perhaps even more so.

3.)Can't see Korea staying as part of core Japanese territory to 2018, either; maybe as a puppet state? Same applies to Taiwan/Formosa as well.

4.)I'm not even sure Germany could necessarily plausibly stay Imperial with a POD in 1916, regardless of a Central Powers victory, without something a bit on the drastic side. Maybe some widespread reforms of some kind happened later on?

5.)Also, what in the heck happened to the U.S.? And Australia + N.Z., for that matter?

6.)How did "Yugorussia" come about, exactly?

7.)And what happened to the Baltic States? Not necessarily implausible or anything, just curious as to how this happened.

But, on the other hand......

1.)Nice to see South African apartheid ending earlier, for sure.

2.)Too bad about Rhodesia seemingly being a North Korea-like state, but it's definitely believable, though. (Also reminds me of a similar idea I had for a TL in the works)

3.)Not too often we see maps with a thriving *Afghanistan, so that's a nice touch.

4.)Also nice to see that most of Africa is independent-it does get kinda boring seeing so many maps with surviving colonialism, you know?

5.)United Ireland! :cool:

So, yeah, while there are some questionable aspects.....to be quite fair, this may not necessarily be far off from OTL, anyway. And you did a good job of making this interesting, regardless. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.