1976 Soviets occupied North America

In this setting idea it's 1976 Soviets are Occuping North America since the Korea War, a major part of this setting is that USSR and there Warsaw Pact allies are stronger in this alt history setting.

The stats of White Emigres also would be stronger as well, the Soviets have devived North America into sectors, the Pacific NorthWest is British Coloumbia, Alaska, Oregon, and Washington. It has strong White Russian in this sector

So does this setting have Dieselpunk touches as well,

LW

Are you going for a Man in the High Castle setting where the historical background is used to tell stories about people, or is it supposed to be a historically accurate scenario?

This needs a lot of PoDs to make work in any capacity. Not the least of which is a fifth column to beat all fifth columns in Amerika.

Yeah, the OP states that the USSR has occupied the United States since the Korean War, so somehow you need to have Korea spin out of control and escalate to World War III, but not escalate to nukes. I have no idea how to make that happen.

I think a better tack is something along the lines of a US revolution. Assuming your goal is "communist north america" that is probably a better option. I would consult Jello Biafara's Reds! TL but i don't know if the USSR forms in that TL or if there's a recognizable warsaw pact.

During ending of WW2 USSR became stronger, if they got all of Germany. The USA get invaded in 1950's because of the Korea War, I need to make White Russians and Emigre sub rosa fighting USSR in the section of North America,

The main character is from British Colomubia of this setting, he get's caught up with rebels fighting against USSR, 1976 is the year of the revolt.

Um the Typhoon Class Sub would they get built in this setting,

LW

They did a REALLY bad mini-series on this exact plot in the mid 80's called Amerika. 14 or 15 hours long (this was in the era of the "TV Event" when you had everything from Rich Man Poor Man to Roots to Shogun to Winds of War).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amerika_(miniseries)

There was always something kind of depressing about those "TV events". Like, they were trying to capture the feel of a big night out at the movies, only via the same medium that's used to transmit sitcoms. And most of the episodes were running on weeknights, which(from the perspective of a junior high student in the 80s) made it all the more lame.

Basically, the cinematic equivalent of a parking-lot carnival. It is fun to watch some of that old made-for-TV stuff on You Tube, though.

Sure... but how do they get here? That's where most of these storylines fall flat. You really have to find some way to explain how the Soviet Union - even a much stronger Soviet Union - could get millions of troops from there to here. As long as the United States retains even a fraction of its military capability, it's difficult to imagine any credible scenario that allows the Russians to land an invasion force sufficient to establish any kind of beachhead. In the first Gulf War, it took the United States almost 6 months to build up enough troops in Saudi Arabia to invade Iraq. Where are the Soviets going to stage from?

Maybe the US is poorer with Great Depression-like conditions over an extended period of time.

The Communist movement grows in popularity and a Communist Party member is elected President.

The US then joins the Warsaw Pact and COMECON and falls into the Soviet orbit.

Ah, the '80s. One thing that the MiniSeries did was contribute to the growth of VCR ownership. Some of these TV productions were pretty good. Some were god awfull. Some actors, it seemed like they based their career around them. Richard Chamberlian did The Thorn Birds, Shogun, one about John C Fremont, another about Perry's rival for the Pole. The first one I remember being on in the US was In Search of the Nile from the BBC. Of course there was Masterpiece Theater

In Search of the Nile got me interested in Sir Richard Burton. One of the more interesting Victorians. See TV can be intellectually stimulating

During ending of WW2 USSR became stronger, if they got all of Germany.

Well, all of a ruin is probably worth as much as, huh, an entire ruin. Yes, they will get most of the scientists, but those who were on the right fast track for a working nuke were already in the USA since before the war.

The USA get invaded in 1950's because of the Korea War,

If the USA are so weak they can be invaded in the 1950s, they won't be fighting the Korean War - evidently. Why should they?

I agree, there would be no chance that the USSR could invade all of North America without causing a large scale war. Their only reasonable chance of land would be Alaska.

I agree, there would be no chance that the USSR could invade all of North America without causing a large scale war. Their only reasonable chance of land would be Alaska.

Super ASB. The only place the USSR could land is Alaska.

End result would be total nuclear war.

This is probably what the posters who were making the Sealion/Barbarossa references were referring to. If they somehow invaded Alaska, they'd have to drive at least 1000 miles just to get to Seattle, and do it on a single axis of advance. That's like invading Iowa and starting from New York. And even though they could see Alaska from their house, they still have the problem of how to even get there - they still have to bring their entire invasion force across a large body of water. Unless we have virtually no military forces left at all - no Navy, no Air Force, no nukes - how do they accomplish that?