The VT-BAM project

In the meantime, if you're working on Central Europe, something you might find helpful: the altitudinal V-BAM for Central Europe, bounded by the 30th parallel north, the 60th parallel north, the 30th meridian east, and the Prime Meridian. Thanks to QGIS's raster calculator, maps like these are actually pretty easy for me to generate, so if you want one for another part of the world please don't hesitate to ask.

However, big huge NB: these altitude maps do not contain any information regarding any inland bodies of water. So lakes, rivers, and inland seas with no connection to the ocean will still need to be added.

Anyway, enjoy!
hgTZpU8.png
Coastline done
7Yxs6gg.png
I used a very fast method to do it, so if you export all of the world divided in parts I can draw all of the coastline

Yep. Though I definitely want to do a Robinson, a Mollweide, and a Winkel Trippel.
Oh my god... you...

Eventually we'll be at the point where people are arguing over the actual border treaties and being annoyed at how imprecise they are.

VT45

Banned
Oh my god... you...

Eventually we'll be at the point where people are arguing over the actual border treaties and being annoyed at how imprecise they are.

Not necessarily. I can transform it easily from one to the other in QGIS.

Also, @FrankCesco: is there a way to adapt this to doing internal borders? Cos that would make life a lot easier.

ST15RM

Banned
In the meantime, if you're working on Central Europe, something you might find helpful: the altitudinal V-BAM for Central Europe, bounded by the 30th parallel north, the 60th parallel north, the 30th meridian east, and the Prime Meridian. Thanks to QGIS's raster calculator, maps like these are actually pretty easy for me to generate, so if you want one for another part of the world please don't hesitate to ask.

However, big huge NB: these altitude maps do not contain any information regarding any inland bodies of water. So lakes, rivers, and inland seas with no connection to the ocean will still need to be added.

Anyway, enjoy!
hgTZpU8.png
Do new England