Religious map

upload_2017-10-12_5-41-43.png

There you go.

Are coptics those in south of India?
Yes, they are Saint T homas Christians, most are Oriental Orthodox, so yes. Based upon Indian census, which doesnt differentiate between Catholics and Orthodox, lathough according to wikipedia most Christians in the state of Kerala are Syriac

Yes, they are Saint T homas Christians, most are Oriental Orthodox, so yes. Based upon Indian census, which doesnt differentiate between Catholics and Orthodox, lathough according to wikipedia most Christians in the state of Kerala are Syriac
I am interested on how did you get the data for coptics, I am making a map showing oriental orthodox people and I couldn't find any data for coptics for India.

upload_2017-10-12_22-59-1.png

Added Rajasthan and Sikkim. Unfortunatley, according to 2011, there is no census division with a Jain majority :(
I am interested on how did you get the data for coptics, I am making a map showing oriental orthodox people and I couldn't find any data for coptics for India.
Source of my India data: http://www.census2011.co.in/religion.php. I click on each state, district and town to see who is majority where. The census speaks of six categories:
  • Hindus
  • Muslims
  • Christians
  • Buddhists
  • Jains
  • Sikhs
  • Others.
Based on geographic context and wikipedia data, I managed to guess more info. The Christians in Kerala are in a variety of churches, and I arbitrarily chose to show them as Oriental Orthodox, despite existence of Catholic and Protestant factions as well. Anyhow, the area shown in Kerala should most accurately show areas with a Christian plurality or majority.

Tamil Nadu and minor corrections in Punjab
upload_2017-10-13_11-13-5.png

quite a lot of Muslims in Tamil, surprised to find out. The southrnmost district was very close to getting a Christian plurality, btw

After finishing India I ll move onto Nepal and SE Asia... is there anyone willing to do the native Americans in Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia,according to Muturzikin?

Interesting maps. As for Brazil, if your base map only includes states, the country will be a boring yellow blob. I personally don't think that it would be interesting to make a map for municipalities specifically for the purpose of the this thread, as you'll only get a handful of blue dots in a yellow sea. However, if you're willing to, I can look further into the census for the data about the municipalities.

Did Tripura and Uttar Pradesh... those Muslims there really have to live in so many enclaves that it took for ages to map them. Also added Shia in Kazakhstan and corrected Shia/Sunni divisions of northern India... some day Ill finish off India.
upload_2017-10-16_15-52-27.png

Interesting maps. As for Brazil, if your base map only includes states, the country will be a boring yellow blob. I personally don't think that it would be interesting to make a map for municipalities specifically for the purpose of the this thread, as you'll only get a handful of blue dots in a yellow sea. However, if you're willing to, I can look further into the census for the data about the municipalities.
Before doing municipalities I propose setting aside areas of indigenous culture and native reservations, and after that figuring out the municipalities.

Before doing municipalities I propose setting aside areas of indigenous culture and native reservations, and after that figuring out the municipalities.

And I'll add that living in an indigenous territory does not equate to practicing an indigenous religion. WP at least says that Brazil's indigenous people are 81% Christian. The US maps in this thread are quite incorrect for this reason.

India finished TADAAAA!
upload_2017-10-24_21-41-33.png

Can I do China? Or Oceania? Or sub saharan africa?
Oh yes that would be very helpful... here are the base maps for the areas. Although I have found various sources on China which dont match each other...
China:
upload_2017-10-24_21-42-47.png

Australia and Melanesia:
upload_2017-10-24_21-43-59.png

(subsaharan) Africa
upload_2017-10-24_21-44-47.png

Btw here is northwest Canada and Alaska, waiting
upload_2017-10-24_21-46-28.png

In China?
upload_2017-10-24_22-37-25.png

This was an original palette, I later changed the format, but believe it should be okay.
My new format (does not include India precisely though)

upload_2017-10-24_22-39-36.png