Status
Not open for further replies.
Next update:

44b310af482b73095e70827e8c7b0f7e--disney-little-mermaids-the-little-mermaid.jpg
Inhumanoids.jpg

Stay tuned! ;)

Here's a rough list so far...

Ducktales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp (Disney)
The Prince and the Pauper (Disney; short)
Rollercoaster Rabbit (Disney; short)
Edward Scissorhands (Disney or Hyperion)
All Dogs Go to Heaven (Disney)
Outback Jake (Amblimation or Warner Bros)
Nutcracker Prince (Lacewood)*
Little Nemo in Slumberland (Hemdale; import)
Happily Ever After (produced IOTL by Filmation)**

Star Trek IV (Paramount)
The Little Engine That Could (Universal)
The Magic Riddle (Yoram Gross)*
The Butter Battle Book (20th Century Fox)
Roger Rabbit 2 (Hyperion)
Beauty and the Beast (Disney)
An American Tail: Fievel Goes West (Grand Diamond)
Rover Dangerfield (Warner Bros)

Blinky Bill (Yoram Gross)*
Fern Gully (20th Century Fox)
Aladdin (Disney)
Tom and Jerry The Movie (Turner)

Popeye the Sailor (Paramount)
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (CBS)
We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story (Amblimation)
The Nightmare Before Christmas (Disney)
Once Upon a Forest (ABC?)
TBD (Disney)

Roger Rabbit 3 (Disney)
The Lion King (Disney)
The Swan Princess (Amblimation)
The Pagemaster (Turner)

Balto (Amblimation)
A Goofy Movie (Disney)
TBD (Disney)

Beavis and Butthead Do America (Turner/Geffen)
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Disney)

TBD (Disney)
Pippi Longstocking (Paramount)
Cats Don't Dance (Turner)
Babes in Toyland (Turner)

Mulan (Disney)
Batman and Mr Freeze: SubZero (CBS)
The Mighty Kong (Warner Bros or Universal)
The Rugrats Movie (Nickelodeon)
Quest for Camelot (minus Devon and Cornwall) (Warner Bros)
Scooby Doo on Zombie Island (ABC)

Batman Beyond (CBS)
The Phantom Menace (Disney)
Doug's First Movie (TBD)
The Iron Giant (TBD)
Babar 2 (Paramount)
The King and I (Amblimation or Warner Bros)
Scooby Doo and the Witch's Ghost (ABC)

TBD
The Princess and the Goblin (Hemdale; import)
Star Wars: Shadows of the Titan (Disney)
Star Wars: Dark Empire (Disney)
Don Quixote (Disney)
Untitled Oswald the Rabbit project (Disney)
Untitled Star Wars/Anastasia hybrid (Disney)
Untitled Fantasia sequel (Disney)
Daisy Head Mayzie (CMJ)
Cats (Amblimation)
Prince of Egypt (Amblimation)
Joseph: King of Dreams (Amblimation)
Our Friend Martin (DiC)
Madeline: Lost in Paris (DiC)
Star Trek TNG (Paramount)
The Berenstain Bears (TBD)
Little Critter (DiC)
Around the World in 80 Days (TBD)
Three Musketeers (TBD)
Treasure Island (TBD)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (TBD)
Polar Express (TBD)
Dog of Flanders (TBD)
Hans Brinker or the Silver Skates (TBD)
Greame Base Animated Universe (TBD)
Hercules and Xena (CBS/Raimi?)

Also, have we decided who would import Ghibli's stuff to the US?

*Needs distributor

**With Filmation out of business ITTL, maybe Ruby-Spears, Film Roman or Murakami Wolf Swenson could produce this one?

If you guys have any suggestions, corrections or other ideas, let me know and I'll add them to the board.

1. I think Don Quixote should take the '95 Disney slot.
  2. Outback Jake should be Amblimation.
  3. The Untitled Oswald the Rabbit Movie should be called "Oswald the Lucky Rabbit In The Long Journey Home" and it should have a poster emulating the old cartoon posters. I'm still adamant that it should be the last film Walt sees before he passes away.
  4. The films needing a distributor could be distributed by Warner Brothers.
  5. The Iron Giant should either be Grand Diamond or Murakami-Wolf-Swenson
  6. Happily Ever After should be made by Ruby Spears. Maybe having a successful theatrical outing would keep Ruby-Spears from folding in '96.
  7. Is the Star Trek TNG film an animated version of any OTL films or an entirely original film? If it's "original" I think that "The Best of Both Worlds" could work as an animated film.
  8. The Star Wars/Anastasia hybrid should be called "Star Wars: Rise of the Sith" and be focused on the successful Sith plot to kill the Organa family. It'd feature young Constantine being taken by the Sith and Leia being taken by the rebels to avoid being taken by the Sith. At this stage Constantine was told that his sister was killed in the "accident" that killed his family. Because they want him to be a complacent puppet rather than a Sith himself at this point.
  9. What are "Star Wars: Shadows of the Titan" and "Star Wars: Dark Empire" about?
  10. Journey To The Center of the Earth and Around the World In Eighty Days should be made by Murakami-Wolf-Swenson. In fact, they should have an entire series of Verne adaptations. Maybe making good movies would stop them from making half-baked children's TV shows.
  11. Three Musketeers should be made by Turner. Treasure Island should be made by Disney. It'd be a good opportunity to turn Tom Sawyer's Island in the pirate-themed Treasure Island.
  12. Polar Express should be made by Turner. Because the animation style of Pagemaster would work well with the story.
  13. I think Amblimation should get the opportunity to import Studio Ghibli's work. Who better to import the work of the "Steven Spielberg of anime" than Steven Spielberg himself.

How would you set up the Classic/Masterpiece ladder/chart/etc after 1990?
I'd say everything that's already been released as a "Classic" stays a "Classic", everything that hasn't been released (on home video) prior to Holiday '89/Q1 '90 is released as a "Masterpiece" and doesn't earn the "Classic" label until it's 3rd/4th re-release.
  3. The Untitled Oswald the Rabbit Movie should be called "Oswald the Lucky Rabbit In The Long Journey Home" and it should have a poster emulating the old cartoon posters. I'm still adamant that it should be the last film Walt sees before he passes away.
  6. Happily Ever After should be made by Ruby Spears. Maybe having a successful theatrical outing would keep Ruby-Spears from folding in '96.
  7. Is the Star Trek TNG film an animated version of any OTL films or an entirely original film? If it's "original" I think that "The Best of Both Worlds" could work as an animated film.
  8. The Star Wars/Anastasia hybrid should be called "Star Wars: Rise of the Sith" and be focused on the successful Sith plot to kill the Organa family. It'd feature young Constantine being taken by the Sith and Leia being taken by the rebels to avoid being taken by the Sith. At this stage Constantine was told that his sister was killed in the "accident" that killed his family. Because they want him to be a complacent puppet rather than a Sith himself at this point.
  9. What are "Star Wars: Shadows of the Titan" and "Star Wars: Dark Empire" about?
  10. Journey To The Center of the Earth and Around the World In Eighty Days should be made by Murakami-Wolf-Swenson. In fact, they should have an entire series of Verne adaptations. Maybe making good movies would stop them from making half-baked children's TV shows.
  11. Three Musketeers should be made by Turner. Treasure Island should be made by Disney. It'd be a good opportunity to turn Tom Sawyer's Island in the pirate-themed Treasure Island.
  12. Polar Express should be made by Turner. Because the animation style of Pagemaster would work well with the story.
  13. I think Amblimation should get the opportunity to import Studio Ghibli's work. Who better to import the work of the "Steven Spielberg of anime" than Steven Spielberg himself.
This. All of this.

Spielberg and Miyazaki together? Your wish is my command.

Have we found a distributor for Amblimation? We talked about Geffen, right?

Yes we could have WB distribute those titles needing a distributor, and maybe Warner Bros can have a joint venture with Village Roadshow for the Yoram Gross titles.

Even with TMNT still on the rise as a moneymaking IP, it would definitely be wise for Murakami Wolf Swenson to break in to feature films to hopefully keep the dough, not the pizza kind mind you, rolling in.

All we need is the right year for the Oswald film to come out.

Turner would be good for Polar Express. I am planning to have Turner bring out Tom and Jerry the Movie under the MGM label, so should Turner alternate the UA and MGM labels for their animated films, or stick to UA being the A brand and MGM the B brand?

Star Wars: Shadow of the Titan was an idea we kicked around for a hybrid of Shadows of the Empire and Titan AE. Dark Empire was really based on a comic book arc that Dark Horse put out IOTL.

Maybe with Gary Goldman currently at ABC, maybe he gets stuck with Troll in Central Park and Pebble and the Penguin? Lol.

Maybe Disney could do a Treasure Island remake instead of Treasure Planet? With that, we'll need a new theme or story to replace Muppet Treasure Island.

I thought about having a TNG movie be basically a Generations without the TOS characters, but maybe Best of Both Worlds can work once we agree on a cohesive storyline.

Good call for MWS to produce a Jules Verne cinematic universe. Ditto to Ruby Spears taking over Happily Ever After.

I'd say everything that's already been released as a "Classic" stays a "Classic", everything that hasn't been released (on home video) prior to Holiday '89/Q1 '90 is released as a "Masterpiece" and doesn't earn the "Classic" label until it's 3rd/4th re-release.

So basically for the first video release of Peter Pan for example, you'd have "Walt Disney's Masterpiece Peter Pan" rather than "Walt Disney's Classic Peter Pan" on the cover, correct?

Will there need to be a different logo at the beginning or could it still use the current Classics logo?

Every how many years would you bring out each title starting in '90? Every 5 years? 6 years? 7 years?

Nothing in particular, just complete agreement in general. In case he was keeping track for a vote.
I've got another idea for you. A series of animated films made for adults showcasing lesser-known historical stories. Like Richard Rich's Animated Hero Classics if they were meant for adult audiences. Here are a couple ideas for them.
  • Frank "Pistol Pete" Eaton: A badass cowboy who hunted down his father's killers and was said to have had a quickdraw faster than Buffalo Bill. Defeated an entire fort's worth of soldiers in marksmanship.
  • Ben L. Salomon: The Jewish dentist who manned a machine gun in a rearguard action to evacuate the wounded on Saipan. He ended up killing 98 Japanese soldiers before being killed himself.

Spielberg and Miyazaki together? Your wish is my command.

Have we found a distributor for Amblimation? We talked about Geffen, right?

Yes we could have WB distribute those titles needing a distributor, and maybe Warner Bros can have a joint venture with Village Roadshow for the Yoram Gross titles.

Even with TMNT still on the rise as a moneymaking IP, it would definitely be wise for Murakami Wolf Swenson to break in to feature films to hopefully keep the dough, not the pizza kind mind you, rolling in.

All we need is the right year for the Oswald film to come out.

Turner would be good for Polar Express. I am planning to have Turner bring out Tom and Jerry the Movie under the MGM label, so should Turner alternate the UA and MGM labels for their animated films, or stick to UA being the A brand and MGM the B brand?

Star Wars: Shadow of the Titan was an idea we kicked around for a hybrid of Shadows of the Empire and Titan AE. Dark Empire was really based on a comic book arc that Dark Horse put out IOTL.

Maybe with Gary Goldman currently at ABC, maybe he gets stuck with Troll in Central Park and Pebble and the Penguin? Lol.

Maybe Disney could do a Treasure Island remake instead of Treasure Planet? With that, we'll need a new theme or story to replace Muppet Treasure Island.

I thought about having a TNG movie be basically a Generations without the TOS characters, but maybe Best of Both Worlds can work once we agree on a cohesive storyline.

Good call for MWS to produce a Jules Verne cinematic universe. Ditto to Ruby-Spears taking over Happily Ever After.

Geffen works.

A joint venture with Village Roadhouse makes sense.

Plus the money from the films could help keep the TMNT's animation quality up. The series was rather notorious for animation errors, after all.

I'd say '93. I can't see Walt plausibly see the mid-to-late 90's. Then sometime afterward would be the release of the biopic of Walt's early years in animation as well as WWI.

United Artists should be the "A" brand and MGM the "B" brand. So if there's ever an animated Wizard of Oz movie it'd be United Artists rather than MGM.

I don't get the hate that Troll in Central Park gets. I liked it, though that's not saying much. I think it's hard to go wrong with Dom DeLuise. Make it less overwhelmingly saccharine and you'd have a decent fantasy film.

Muppet Hobbit/Lord of the Rings? I suggest this because it's one of the few adventure stories that'd allow for a large muppet cast. Muppet Alice in Wonderland would work too for the same reason.

So Generations without a pointless "let's go find Captain Kirk" subplot that ends in the most ignoble death of a character ever? That'd work too. The "Best of Both Worlds" idea would simply involve turning the two-part TV episode into a feature-length movie. Maybe they could actually show the Battle of Wolf 359 instead of making it happen offscreen. It'd be a way to introduce us to Benjamin Sisco early. And having the film come around the time of the actual two-parter would be a way to encourage filmgoers to see the show. And it'd capitalize on the pre-existing audience as well.

The trademark Vernian steampunk technology that the films would have would give MWS a solid hit franchise alongside the TMNT. If that doesn't allow the studio to see the new millennium I don't know what will.

Made a few revisions here and there...

Ducktales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp (Disney; B Squad)
Outback Jake (Geffen; Amblimation)
Nutcracker Prince (Warner Bros; Lacewood)
Happily Ever After (Ruby Spears)

Star Trek IV (Paramount)
The Magic Riddle (Warner Bros/Village Roadshow; Yoram Gross)
The Butter Battle Book (20th Century Fox; CMJ)
Roger Rabbit 2 (Hyperion; Richard Williams)

Blinky Bill (Warner Bros/Village Roadshow; Yoram Gross)
Aladdin (Disney)

Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (Disney)
Once Upon a Forest (ABC)
TBD (Disney; B Squad)

Roger Rabbit 3 (Hyperion; Richard Williams)
The Lion King (Disney)
The Pagemaster (Turner)

Balto (Amblimation)
A Goofy Movie (Disney; B Squad)
Don Quixote (Disney)

James and the Giant Peach (Disney)

TBD (Disney)

Mulan (Disney)

Batman Beyond (CBS)
Doug's First Movie (TBD)
The Iron Giant (TBD)
Babar 2 (Paramount)

Still need dates
Star Wars: Rise of the Sith (Disney)
Daisy Head Mayzie (20th Century Fox; CMJ)
Cats (Amblimation)
Our Friend Martin (DiC)
Star Trek: The Best of Both Worlds (Paramount)
Little Critter (DiC)
Three Musketeers (Turner)
Treasure Island (Disney)
Polar Express (Turner)
Untitled Oz Project (Turner)

Still need dates/distributors/production companies
Dog of Flanders (TBD)
Tarzan (TBD)
Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day (TBD)
Bridge To Terabithia (TBD)
Chronicles of Narnia Animated Universe (TBD)

Still need dates/distributors
Around the World in 80 Days (Murakami Wolf Swenson)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (Murakami Wolf Swenson)
Mysterious Island (Murakami Wolf Swenson)
Five Weeks in a Balloon (Murakami Wolf Swenson)
From the Earth to the Moon (Murakami Wolf Swenson)

Still need dates
Ghibi titles to be imported and dubbed in English by Amblin Entertainment
Castle in the Sky
Grave of the Fireflies
My Neighbor Totoro
Kiki’s Delivery Service
Only Yesterday
Porco Rosso
Pom Poko
Whisper of the Heart
Princess Mononoke
My Neighbors the Yamadas

The 93 B Team movie could be a Rescue Rangers movie? One was planned OTL but never got anywhere. But i dunno. It's up to you. If you don't wanna go that way, it could maybe be one of the Star Wars spinoffs?

Last edited:
Once Upon a Forest (ABC)
TBD (Disney; B Squad)
The 93 B Team movie could be a Rescue Rangers movie? One was planned OTL but never got anywhere. But i dunno. It's up to you. If you don't wanna go that way, it could maybe be one of the Star Wars spinoffs?
Oh man! Young me would've been so psyched for a Rescue Rangers movie!!
Other ideas for movies based on the TV series would be TaleSpin, Darkwing Duck, and a standalone Gizmoduck movie.

Still need dates
Cats (Amblimation)
Our Friend Martin (DiC)
Little Critter (DiC)
Treasure Island (Disney)
Polar Express (Turner)

Dog of Flanders (TBD)
Tarzan (TBD)

I'd say make the Berenstain Bears go to CBS, the Verne stuff would fit with Universal (think of the ride material in those films after all) they'd fit around 95, and Prince of Egypt would fit around 97 or 98.

Oh man! Young me would've been so psyched for a Rescue Rangers movie!!

Have the Ducktales do much better in theatres and it would be possible. I recall that Disney had plans for more Disney Afternoon-themed features, but Ducktales bombing put an end to them.

Ducktales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp (Disney; B Squad)
Outback Jake (Geffen; Amblimation)
Nutcracker Prince (Warner Bros; Lacewood)
Happily Ever After (Ruby Spears)

Star Trek IV (Paramount)
The Magic Riddle (Warner Bros/Village Roadshow; Yoram Gross)
The Butter Battle Book (20th Century Fox; CMJ)
Roger Rabbit 2 (Hyperion; Richard Williams)

Blinky Bill (Warner Bros/Village Roadshow; Yoram Gross)
Aladdin (Disney)

Once Upon a Forest (ABC)
TBD (Disney; B Squad)

Roger Rabbit 3 (Hyperion; Richard Williams)
The Lion King (Disney)
The Pagemaster (Turner)

Balto (Amblimation)
A Goofy Movie (Disney; B Squad)
Don Quixote (Disney)

James and the Giant Peach (Disney)

TBD (Disney)

Mulan (Disney)

Batman Beyond (CBS)
Doug's First Movie (TBD)
The Iron Giant (TBD)
Babar 2 (Paramount)

Still need dates
Cats (Amblimation)
Our Friend Martin (DiC)
Little Critter (DiC)
Treasure Island (Disney)
Polar Express (Turner)

Dog of Flanders (TBD)
Tarzan (TBD)

Still need dates
Ghibi titles to be imported and dubbed in English by Amblin Entertainment
Castle in the Sky
Grave of the Fireflies
My Neighbor Totoro
Kiki’s Delivery Service
Only Yesterday
Porco Rosso
Pom Poko
Whisper of the Heart
Princess Mononoke
My Neighbors the Yamadas

1. Either one of the Star Wars films or the Treasure Island film could be in the '97 slot for Disney. Personally, I like Rise of the Sith for that slot since that's OTL Anastasia's release date.
  2. The Princess and the Goblin should be 1991.
  3. Polar Express should be in '95. That's the ten-year anniversary of the book's release.
  4. Why Five Weeks in a Balloon when 20,000 Leagues is so much more well known? And when you've already got Around the World in 80 Days. An animated adaptation of From Earth To The Moon would be as much an adaptation of the famous silent film as the book itself. The movies could be annual releases from 1990/1991 onwards. They'd be distributed by Paramount.
  5. Three Musketeers should be '98.
  6. The Iron Giant should be Turner.
  7. The Oz Project could either be an adaptation of the second book to follow the MGM film or an adaptation of the first book to make it clear that it's Turner's unique version of the Oz Universe. Though undoubtedly it'd still share similarities with the MGM live-action film for recognition's sake.
  8. The "Best of Both Worlds" film should either be released in 1990 or 1992 to avoid stepping on IV's toes. It's as much an advertisement for the show as the show is for the movie.
  9. Bridge To Terrabithia sounds like it'd work as a Ruby-Spears production. Same thing with Tarzan.
  10. Maybe Chronicles of Narnia is what Paramount Animation is doing in between Star Trek projects.
  11. The Ghibli films should have a year (give or take) tacked on to their Japanese release date for proper dubbing. Except for the films that were released prior to the Ghibli-Amblimation deal. Like Totoro.

Status
Not open for further replies.