The S-BAM Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST15RM

Banned
Hey, so I'm gonna start on a new project called the S-BAM(ST15RM's BAM) and it'll be 9x MBAM, like how the MBAM is 9x QBAM.

Isaac Beach

Banned
Hey, so I'm gonna start on a new project called the S-BAM(ST15RM's BAM) and it'll be 9x MBAM, like how the MBAM is 9x QBAM.

Why don't you help us at X-BAM, it has the same idea and have already done some countries.

https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/the-x-bam-main-thread.428066/

:)

I hate to be a negative nancy, but why? Regarding both the XBAM and SBAM? MBAM is already enormous and far larger than anyone will ever practically need. These sorts of larger and larger world maps are more likely to just crash everyone's computers than ever be used for anything constructive, to be perfectly frank. Hell Valdore struggled to make a similarly sized map solely of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and he's one of the primary creators behind the MBAM. I just don't see any purpose for these excessively sized maps, and I don't think anyone else will.

I hate to be a negative nancy, but why? Regarding both the XBAM and SBAM? MBAM is already enormous and far larger than anyone will ever practically need. These sorts of larger and larger world maps are more likely to just crash everyone's computers than ever be used for anything constructive, to be perfectly frank. Hell Valdore struggled to make a similarly sized map solely of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and he's one of the primary creators behind the MBAM. I just don't see any purpose for these excessively sized maps, and I don't think anyone else will.
If you need a map with a scale such that, say, Manhattan is more than 5 pixels total- use a satellite picture.

ST15RM

Banned
Are we just never doing any larger maps, because I see a whole lot of people that don't like these maps.

Can I do my thing, and you can do yours, but... how big is Xbam?
xbam-png.318479

I made a custom XBAM test Littoral a while ago. It's madness.

No! Keep it 9x as big, I want my maps to crash my computer!
I found a very fast way to make a very large map in less time.
See from here:
Coastline done
7Yxs6gg.png

I made this in only 3 minutes more or less, the only thing to do should be political borders. @VT45 uses QGIS to make an altitude map that can be easily be converted into this. Since the projection is equirectangular, Wikipedia has many svg maps to work on.

ST15RM

Banned
I found a very fast way to make a very large map in less time.
See from here:

I made this in only 3 minutes more or less, the only thing to do should be political borders. @VT45 uses QGIS to make an altitude map that can be easily be converted into this. Since the projection is equirectangular, Wikipedia has many svg maps to work on.
How??? I have qgis but I don't know how to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.