Germany wins WW1 loses WW2 what are the peace terms

So the POD is that the French and Brits lose at the Marne and Germany succeeds in taking Paris France fights on for a bit but, after heavy losses in an attempt to retake Paris they surrender a few months later Britain bows out as well signing peace with honor mid-1915 Russia soon follows collapsing into civil war as parts of the empire breaks away. 30 years later and a joint Franco British Russian force is marching through the Brandenburg Gate and Germany, and her allies in Austro-Hungary, Bulgaria, have lost. What are the peace terms?

The political situation is that France has fallen under the sway of an authoritarian revanchist government they aren't fascist and the republic under a different governmental system still exists, and elections are held but, they currently have near total control over the French government.

Britain remains a democracy but with a heavy militarist bent and wants its revenge over Germany and ever last U boat gone

Russia is under a military dictatorship having come out of the Russian civil war losing various bits of the Russian empire such as Poland who opportunistically switched sides once it was clear the Russians were winning and want Poznan and a coast the Finns who did the same and just want to keep their independence and the Balts which were reintegrated back into the Russia proper.

Other powers are Romania who along with Serbia, and Greece went to war with Austro Hungary Italy who avoided the 1st World War and take the opportunity to grab Trieste and Southern Tyrol Fiume and parts of the Dalmatian Coast.

Your Job is to tear Germany a new one and split the spoils

here is what Europe looks like circa 1922 nothing really changes until the 2nd Great War in 1938
ToBL_Wholemap.GIF

PS If this in the wrong place move it
PPS if you were wondering the Ottomans are undergoing civil war the Russians will make a go for the straits eventually but not now

Last edited:
I find it Strange that this regime would let France/SU recover in that Way, but if it happens: Germany loses gains in the West, , belarussia, Ukraine.
Navy, limit to 10 coastal subs and a tonnage limitations similar to Italy OTL.
I assume its not crazy people in power in Germany?

Without the US, Italy and some heaps of luck, this "Second Entente" doesn't stand a chance against Germany.

Both France and Russia are reduced to secondary power status due to losing so much important land (Longwy-Briey and Ukraine respectively), WW1 reparations, etc. Britain may still be a power at the sea, but with France and Russia so weakened, their options at taking Germany down will be limited - and, in addition, parts of the British populace may not be willing to strike a deal with authoritarian governments just to take revenge.

And I'm not sure the US would agree to help two dictatorships against a country whose diaspora is one of the most influential immigrant populations in their country.

Germans aren't so stupid that they would allow France and Russia becoming strong enough defeating Germany. And France haven't anymore resources and will fight against Germany. They lost Prussia/Germany twice on 50 years. Surely they learnt a lesson.

And I don't see any reason why UK would go against Germany.

Britain would never let Ireland be CP aligned, and there's nothing in your POD which would force it upon Britain. The Royal Navy could blockade any transfer of arms from the continent. Also, if the war ends in 1915 it's possible the Home Rule act goes through and Ireland is still in the UK.

ReenX

Banned
Germany can't win WW1 by simply conquering France, no more than it could WW2 by doing the same. Any peace signed by the British would be no greater than treaty of Amiens. They would never allow Germans to secure their gains, and would fund revolts, and keep up the blockade for as long as it takes.

- Russia reasserts control over its former Empire, with the possible exceptions of Finland, Bessarabia and Poland.
- France regains all of its lost territory plus Alsace-Lorraine.
- Britain takes any German colonies (if they were returned in the peace deal at the end of WWI. France may also take some. Heligoland may also be returned to Britain.
- If Japan is in the 'Allies', any remaining German territories in the Pacific go to them.
- Italy probably gains Istria, Dalmatia and regains its client state in Albania.

- Likely partition of Germany into constituent states, including Prussia (probably reduced in size, perhaps with a renewed Hanover), Bavaria, Baden, and so on.
- The Rhineland is either annexed to France, divided between France and the low countries, or established as a French client state.
- Austria-Hungary is partitioned: Austria, Hungary, Czechia/Bohemia, Slovakia, Croatia/Bosnia/ceded to Serbia.
- The Ottoman Empire is split up, but the division is difficult to guess.

- Belgium and Luxembourg liberated, with potential border extensions east. If the Netherlands is part of the Central Powers, a more 'cooperative' government is installed.
- Denmark gains parts of Schleswig-Holstein.
- Romania gains Dobruja and Transylvania.
- Serbia gains Macedonia, and possible Croatia/Bosnia/Montenegro too. Vojvodina could go to Serbia or remain with Hungary.
- Greece gains at least western Thrace, possibly also Smyrna, Eastern Thrace and Constantinople if they're really lucky.

In the man it appears that the Austrians gave up half of their half of the Dual-Monarchy and now the Poles have a chunk of Romanians, Germans, Ruthenia, Ukrainians, etc. For Ireland perhaps you should should consider either just the Protestanr area (about a third or half of Northern Ireland) of Northern Ireland or Ulster (which is about a fourth larger than Northern Ireland). Though the current border is best from an administrative perspective, as it was juuust large enough to provide food for the population without having too many Catholics to handle. I have some doubts about the Ottomans moving into the Russian Caucus (on both sides) to annex land. Seems Moreno likely they would set up numberous states to act as a buffer and swear fealty to the Sublime Porte. Having the Turks take make what hey did after WWI (mostly reversing the Tepreaty of Kars) would be a good place to grab, as would Adjara, which is in Georgia. Part of the Turkish deal with the Bolsheviks for splitting the land was that Adjara and Nachiven get assured autonomy, which they hold to this day. Not what the Ottomans might be after, but having a couple solid states who have their back existing as a shield against the Russians would be a way to solidify public support and show the government has 'still got it'. Yah, these are more critiquing the map than giving ideas for the future, but I feel this indicate places of change. Also, why did the Germans get the International Zone of Tangiers?

BooNZ

Banned
Germany can't win WW1 by simply conquering France, no more than it could WW2 by doing the same. Any peace signed by the British would be no greater than treaty of Amiens. They would never allow Germans to secure their gains, and would fund revolts, and keep up the blockade for as long as it takes.
OTL the British were broke December-1916 and begged for US intervention - OTL the British were broke in December 1940 and begged for US intervention

ReenX

Banned
OTL the British were broke December-1916 and begged for US intervention - OTL the British were broke in December 1940 and begged for US intervention

True but they didn't sue for peace then in the 40 and wouldn't in WW1 period. Accepting permanent peace means loss of the empire

Why USA would have care about Europe on 1940 in TTL, speciality coming to help authotarian UK, France and Russia? I could imaginate that USA and Germany would have quiet good rleationships ITTL.

The US came into the war for the first one due to Germany trying to get Mexico to go to war with the US (they did Moreno than just the Zimmerman Telegram) while the second had FDR not trusting Hitler in the slightest and having German subs blasted out of the water, but only entering the war when attacked. And then having the Germans declare war on them. In both cases there are clear cases of self defense.

True but they didn't sue for peace then in the 40 and wouldn't in WW1 period. Accepting permanent peace means loss of the empire
But in 1940, they had suffered one sharp defeat. In this possible WW1 win, the full might of Britain will have been deployed alongside France and Russia for ages - and LOST.

Sure there won't be Germans marching across the Tower Bridge, but there's still a pretty good chance the British will sign peace (and then review after if they keep up hostility to Germany or not).

If I were to find this map in a dusty corner without any more details then I would assume that the British Empire was a neutral in the First World War, the Germans either did not invade Belgium initially and opted East before moving West, perhaps France initiated an attack through Belgium to break the stalemate and the German counter-attack was successful in breaking Belgium at a cost. I tend to think that Spain, Portugal and Ireland like Sweden are trade partners with Germany and friendly, not satellites. Here the stronger British are supporting the French and Russian efforts to curb German hegemony on the continent. It appears that Karl's attempts at reform in A-H worked but it cost them Galicia. I assume they have more influence in Ukraine or Poland or both. Italy must have failed to join the war as expected, it would be a very foolish Italy to attack its former allies on behalf of France or Russia so I assume France took Libya and lost it to A-H at the Peace Treaty, Italy had little to say about it. But now its Fascist ruler wants it back and sides with Britain.

Why USA would have care about Europe on 1940 in TTL, speciality coming to help authotarian UK, France and Russia? I could imaginate that USA and Germany would have quiet good rleationships ITTL.

The USA would care because they would be competing with Germany economically. IOTL by 1914 the USA was the world's largest economy and Germany was the second largest. If Germany had asserted its dominance over Europe, a very large consumer market would be closed off from the US. It would therefore be America's interests to upset the status quo and open up these markets to American products. I would argue that the chances of a US-German confrontation would be greater than in OTL WWII because the isolationist streak in American society would not be exacerbated by the memory of WWI.

Also, the OP said that Britain and France remained democratic, if more militarised than OTL. They are not authoritarian.