DBWI: If South Korea didn't win the World cup finals in 2002..

In 2002, We have seen the shock: South Korea winning the world cup against brazil at Yokohama by 1:0.

Many people thought This to be impossible, or as we put it, ASB, but When South korea reached the Semifinals, We were shocked, not to mentioned they won that match 1:0 against germany and reaching and winning the finals. if that didn't happened, how would Soccer would changed?

OOC: In 2002, South Korea Did reached the Semi-finals. this is if they managed to win semifinals and finals in world cup.

Pangur

Donor
I suspect the coruption that was part and parcel of FIFA would have been exposed earlier. Just look back at the SK games and how many times a key player on the other side was given a red card. Thankfully the investiation journalism by the French newpaper Le Monde got to end of the whole sorid affair otherwise the coruption would have confinued

I suspect the coruption that was part and parcel of FIFA would have been exposed earlier. Just look back at the SK games and how many times a key player on the other side was given a red card. Thankfully the investiation journalism by the French newpaper Le Monde got to end of the whole sorid affair otherwise the coruption would have confinued
But that it wasn't exposed until 2003 FiFa Confederations Cup ended..

In 2002, We have seen the shock: South Korea winning the world cup against brazil at Yokohama by 1:0.

Many people thought This to be impossible, or as we put it, ASB, but When South korea reached the Semifinals, We were shocked, not to mentioned they won that match 1:0 against germany and reaching and winning the finals. if that didn't happened, how would Soccer would changed?

OOC: In 2002, South Korea Did reached the Semi-finals. this is if they managed to win semifinals and finals in world cup.

We would have less riots in Germany after Germany was defeated by Turkey in the bronze game with 4-3 and the turkish population in Germany celebrated and was attacked by Germans. We also would have someone else than a right wing German party winning the election in 2005 and Erdogan not turning Turkey away from the EU becauce of the riots after the invasion of Iraq in 2003.

But that it wasn't exposed until 2003 FiFa Confederations Cup ended..

Typical European corruption. Sometimes I wonder why Canada or the US even bother with international soccer in the first place.

OOC: Seriously, are we really bringing up that racist accusations here? For shame.

Pangur

Donor
Typical European corruption. Sometimes I wonder why Canada or the US even bother with international soccer in the first place.

OOC: Seriously, are we really bringing up that racist accusations here? For shame.
OOC Are you real? FIFA were far from clean then and before that with the corrupt being very much at the heart of it. Please explain where you pulled the race card from and are you suggesting that I am?

OOC Are you real? FIFA were far from clean then and before that with the corrupt being very much at the heart of it. Please explain where you pulled the race card from and are you suggesting that I am?
OOC: The baiting by the Italian and Spanish media/fans about how it is obvious that the inferior Koreans had to bribe to defeat both teams, which still continues to this day. Admittedly, I do get easily triggered whenever my second home comes up, and I apologizes for overreacting.

Even though the corruption was exposed, the further investigations revealed that South korea's 2002 win was clean: it had nothing to do with the corruption and wasn't fixed.

Even though the corruption was exposed, South korea's 2002 win had nothing to do with it. It was clean.
You should have been there when Korea was outlasting all those European teams, the blatant racism by the Italian and Spanish fans was quite intolerable. One reason we still have conspiracy theories floating up every now and then when FIFA scandals bubble up.

OOC: Was working in Korea back in 2002, it was wild. I cannot imagine how more heated it would have been if Korea did make it to Tokyo.

Pangur

Donor
OOC: The baiting by the Italian and Spanish media/fans about how it is obvious that the inferior Koreans had to bribe to defeat both teams, which still continues to this day. Admittedly, I do get easily triggered whenever my second home comes up, and I apologizes for overreacting.
That had exactly zero to do with what was posted previously. I did not mention Italian or Spanish media and the only reason that I picked a French newspaper rather than perhaps a German or British was that no name came to mind for the former and it was line ball between a French and a British newspaper, the French won.

You should have been there when Korea was outlasting all those European teams, the blatant racism by the Italian and Spanish fans was quite intolerable. One reason we still have conspiracy theories floating up every now and then when FIFA scandals bubble up.
I watched it with my family back in 2002. Supporting South korea, my home country's national team.

That had exactly zero to do with what was posted previously. I did not mention Italian or Spanish media and the only reason that I picked a French newspaper rather than perhaps a German or British was that no name came to mind for the former and it was line ball between a French and a British newspaper, the French won.
OOC: I know I know, I really need to keep my rash behavior in check. Again apologies.

The Champions League might have a few different winners; We all remember the news in 2009 that the proposed referee of a match between Chelsea and Barcelona, Tom Henning Øvrebo, was being investigated by FIFA and it transpired that he was under orders from certain parts of UEFA to "get Barca through".

OOC: It continue to this day...because it's true; i remember well that damned game and no, SK was not in the same league of Italy (or Spain) and they had a change only with the help of Moreno, the referee of the game, that 'strangely' was caught getting bribed to fix a game in his home nation some years later. Racism had nothing to do with this kind of assertion...just how FiFA is corrupted

IC: well, no scandal and FIFA will still exist to this day as a meaningfull organization; after the all disaster erupted the great part of the European and South American club left the association, forming their regional groups and try to stave off the decline of the popularity of the game due to the enormity of the scandal.

OOC: It continue to this day...because it's true; i remember well that damned game and no, SK was not in the same league of Italy (or Spain) and they had a change only with the help of Moreno, the referee of the game, that 'strangely' was caught getting bribed to fix a game in his home nation some years later. Racism had nothing to do with this kind of assertion...just how FiFA is corrupted

IC: well, no scandal and FIFA will still exist to this day as a meaningfull organization; after the all disaster erupted the great part of the European and South American club left the association, forming their regional groups and try to stave off the decline of the popularity of the game due to the enormity of the scandal.
Without that scandal, Baseball wouldn't have taken soccer's mantle as world's most popular sport. I hope IBAF doesn't end up like FIFA..

Last edited:

Archibald

Banned
The 2002 world cup was mad, mad, mad. Oh, and France was totally and entirely humiliated. That was pathetic. Zidane tigh, Johnny Halliday, TF1... it was really The hangover - like nightmare for Zidane and pals. Dare I say, 1998 hangover.

south Korea beating Brazil in finale ? that would be awesome. If you want any idea how far into madness a world cup win against brazil can send an entire country, watch for France in 1998. It was total and entire chaos for days and weeks.

OOC: It continue to this day...because it's true; i remember well that damned game and no, SK was not in the same league of Italy (or Spain) and they had a change only with the help of Moreno, the referee of the game, that 'strangely' was caught getting bribed to fix a game in his home nation some years later. Racism had nothing to do with this kind of assertion...just how FiFA is corruptedal.

OOC: Sure, keep with the myth given how both teams were so arrogant and dirty to the extent I'm surprised there weren't even more cards being thrown at them. Typical bloody Europeans and their superiority complex.

Without that scandal, Baseball wouldn't have taken soccer's mantle as world's most popular sport. I hope IBAF doesn't end up like FIFA..

It's actually amazing just how fast baseball grew, almost like a fad that managed to entrench itself. It's a good thing, since now the World Series has truly become a world event.