Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't start that

He's right that an Imperial Russian administration wouldn't consider them minorities when drawing an internal map. The important point here is the view of the people doing the internal reorganization, not our outsider perspective.

He's right that an Imperial Russian administration wouldn't consider them minorities when drawing an internal map. The important point here is the view of the people doing the internal reorganization, not our outsider perspective.
Oh no, I utterly agree with that. Just most of the time whenever statements like that are made, especially in regards to Ukrainians and Russians and their relation between one another, we get a few kicks and nationalists from both sides crawling out of the woodwork.

Oh no, I utterly agree with that. Just most of the time whenever statements like that are made, especially in regards to Ukrainians and Russians and their relation between one another, we get a few kicks and nationalists from both sides crawling out of the woodwork.
Indeed, indeed. Actually had to change Red Ruthenia to Red Russia to make it fit. I am sure most of us know the Ruth and Rus were interchangeable, though it seems these days that only the Russians and areas where the Varangian stopped by are given the title of Russ. Probably just an attempt by Anglophonic historians to separate the groups. After all, not as if Central Asia is some cultural, religiously, and ethnically unified people just because we put Stan at the end of their names.

I like the idea, but as other people have said it doesn't look very good. You might also want to explain what all all the various colours mean, even if you don't name all the new administrative regions.
Orange: areas dominated by East Slavs. These remain as guberniyas pretty much , and keep their old names. Pleace notice that Murmansk still reamins part of Arkhangelsk, and Kerch and Sevastople have been detached from the rest of Taurida guberniya, and are included in the Kuban. Also Budjak, the area surrounded by Moldavia (brown) is all that remains of the Besarabia governorate.
Yellow: Poland. Poland has been pretty much left alone, consolidsated and given more autonomy.
Beige: Lithuania and Latvia. The borders of Latvia do in fact look suspiciusly familiar, but Lithuanias borders were extended further, as the ethnic criteria: at least 30% non Russian (non East Slav) population assigns districts to regions of the largest ethnic group other than east Slavic
Yellow-Orange: Areas with Germanic population:
  • Deutschpolen Oblast
  • Byalistok Yiddish Oblast
  • and two other yiddish areas of Belarus: Mozyr Yiddish Oblast and Minsk Yiddish Oblast (closer to Lithuania)
  • Odessa Oblast, mixed German-Yiddish area
  • Gothenland Oblast (Germans in Crimea)
  • Wolgadeutsche Oblast
Lime: Turkic nations. We can see Crimea, Azerbaijan, two Oblasts in Dagestan, Meshhetia on the borders with Turkey, a recognizable Turkmenistan, Khiva, Bukhara, Karakalpakia, Uzbekia, Sart Oblast, Tajikia (should have been a different colur , sorry:( ), Kzakhstan is combined with Kyrgyzstan to make a Kyrgyz Steppe Oblast, On the Volga, we can see a Baskhir Oblast (bordering Kyrgyz Steppe Oblast), followed by Tatarstan Oblast to the west, and a Chuvash one (which is, however disconnected). In Siberia, we can see of course Yakutia
Dark green is Mongolian: we can see Kalmykia on the Caspian and Buryatia near the Baikals
Dark brown is Caucasian nation, pink are Ossetians and Tats,. In the Caucasus we can see also Armenia, Armenian Black Sea Coast, Greek Maryupol (brown on Ukrainian coast) and a different shade of brown shows us Moldova
Light blue is the colour of Uralic and Siberian peoples

You mean Little Russians, Red Russians, New Russians, and White Russians?
I never said anything political :winkytongue:

I just said RIP Ukrainians which is basically like responding with "RIP Jews" on a Nazi Victory or "RIP Germans/Germany" on a Fractioned Germany map.
It's basically saying like "I guess they're fucked here, Lol"

upload_2017-10-5_14-22-15.png

Religions of the Russian Imperial Federation:
Orange: Russian Orthodox Church (mainly Russians, Ukrainians and Belarussians, as well as a few more peoples
Blue: Protestant, that is, Lutheran. mainly Germans, Finns, and Estonians and Latvians
Yellow: Roman Catholic Church (Poles and Lithuanians
Red: Romanian Orthodox Church
Dark brown: Georgian Orthodox Church
Brown: Armenian Orthodox Church (*note: Black Sea are: Armenian and Greek and Russian around same numbers)
Light green: Sunni islam
Dark green: shia islam
Beige: Budhism
Light blue: Tradition faiths
Purple: Judaism

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-5_14-19-10.png
    upload_2017-10-5_14-19-10.png
    353.5 KB · Views: 410
View attachment 347687
Religions of the Russian Imperial Federation:
Orange: Russian Orthodox Church (mainly Russians, Ukrainians and Belarussians, as well as a few more peoples
Blue: Protestant, that is, Lutheran. mainly Germans, Finns, and Estonians and Latvians
Yellow: Roman Catholic Church (Poles and Lithuanians
Red: Romanian Orthodox Church
Dark brown: Georgian Orthodox Church
Brown: Armenian Orthodox Church (*note: Black Sea are: Armenian and Greek and Russian around same numbers)
Light green: Sunni islam
Dark green: shia islam
Beige: Budhism
Light blue: Tradition faiths
Purple: Judaism
Honestly, i didn't know Kazakhstan was majority muslim until now.

Skallagrim

Banned
All of the 'stans are Turkic Muslim (though some are very...aggressively secular, like Tajikistan, where growing a beard is sometimes punishable)

Hold on a second, they're not all Turkic. You mention the Tajiks, who are in fact an Iranian people, and thus Indo-European. Afghanistan and Pakistan are also populated by such Indo-European peoples. That's three non-Turkic 'stans, right there.

Hold on a second, they're not all Turkic. You mention the Tajiks, who are in fact an Iranian people, and thus Indo-European. Afghanistan and Pakistan are also populated by such Indo-European peoples. That's three non-Turkic 'stans, right there.
Thanks for standing up for the Pashto

From what I've read, the 'stans trend nominally Sunni Muslim though actual devoutness among the people is low.

plxP2uy.png

I've always been obsessed with the idea of real union between the British (arguably the strongest naval power of all time) and Russia (famous for having just unbelievable amounts of manpower). Could you imagine it? Such different cultures and imperial governing, different religions, different ethnicities. It's just so ridiculously impossible I love it. I put that into a rather ASB proof of concept. The colour is actually derived from splicing the British/Russian imperial colours together.

If the borders in America and Australia seem familiar, that's because they are. They're rather directly inspired from Hail, Britannia.

I would love to make a timeline on a slightly more realistic but just as overpowered union like this. The African and Middle-Eastern expansion would be quite different.

God save the King-Tsar! Glory to the UKOGBAAR!

plxP2uy.png

I've always been obsessed with the idea of real union between the British (arguably the strongest naval power of all time) and Russia (famous for having just unbelievable amounts of manpower). Could you imagine it? Such different cultures and imperial governing, different religions, different ethnicities. It's just so ridiculously impossible I love it. I put that into a rather ASB proof of concept. The colour is actually derived from splicing the British/Russian imperial colours together.

If the borders in America and Australia seem familiar, that's because they are. They're rather directly inspired from Hail, Britannia.

I would love to make a timeline on a slightly more realistic but just as overpowered union like this. The African and Middle-Eastern expansion would be quite different.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS MAP!

The borders, the colour scheme and not to mention the idea!! :D

I feel like doing a United Kingdom of Great Britain and Portugal now that I've seen this masterpiece! :D

Luso!Rhodesia anyone? XD

plxP2uy.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Orthodox_Diocese_of_Sourozh

I know that OTL England only got a Russian Orthodox diocese in 1964, but ITTL I could see Sourozh or another vacant bishopric given to represent Russian Orthodox in England, to the point that perhaps in Russia, the isle of England becomes known as "Sourozh" or something like that.

Love the map, love the idea!

EDIT: Maybe have the Patriarch of Russia or the Patriarch of Constantinople offer to grant Henry VIII a divorce if he converted into Orthodoxy, and thus he and England converts to it. Then, a line of marriages occur between the growing English Empire and the Russian Empire, ultimately resulting in an alliance and later a union to ensure that perhaps a resurgent Catholic (or even a bizzaro form of Protestant [Draka or South African style Calvinism?] that is hyper militaristic and expansionist) doesn't overtake them.

Deleted member 97083

plxP2uy.png

Called "Brussia", simplified to "Prussia".

plxP2uy.png

Must... not...think...of all... the...possible... ethnic...tensions...

kudnhmS.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.