Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but they're not majorities in the region. Population has become rather diluted.

Says here there are over 14,000 people of Finnish descent in Thunder Bay, and in some counties in the UP, the largest ancestry group are Finns. Plus in Chile up to 20% of the population has Basque origins, and they form a noted part of the (at least historic) social elite, so there's likely some very "pure" strains of Basque ancestry there.

Forgot to post this non-ink stained version of this map from my TL

Realized I forgot to post this map without the Ink, so here you all are:

tjc6meP.jpg

Here's a map that I whipped up after playing a quick game of HoI IV as Czechoslovakia. Enjoy! :D
Three things stand out to me: One; the United Arab Republic made up solely of North African countries (though those are all Arabic-speaking) unless it's got, like, Yemen offscreen or something, two; the fact that Norway is apparently the strongest Scandinavian country, with Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland and Greenland (assuming it's independent) all under its influence and three; uber powerful France.

How in the hell did this all happen?

Hey everyone, I'm currently looking at expanding the world of one of my scenarios, but I can't decide which one. Should it be Egypt Upon Mississippi or Gods of the West? (Respond here if you have a DA account)
MISSISSIPPI!

"Mississippi is the land that I love,
We gotta whole lotta living goin' on!
We got the cream of the crop,
And we ain't gonna stop.
We've got the feeling of getting along!"
^^^ From a less-than-true song we had to learn in the fifth grade. x'D

Last edited:
Bruce, speaking of 80's dystopias, have you ever made a map of Rumsfeldia? I seem to recall you've covered one of the big dystopic TLs here but i'm not sure if it was that or FAT.

Did one for FAT. I kinda stopped following Rumsfeldia, it was getting a bit too insane at the end. Did the author get as far as constructing a coherent timeline up to the fall of the theocrats?

Did one for FAT. I kinda stopped following Rumsfeldia, it was getting a bit too insane at the end. Did the author get as far as constructing a coherent timeline up to the fall of the theocrats?

Nah, they haven't actually fallen yet and the timeline has been in limbo ever since.

Though you could argue that RL has been updating quite regularly for the last year or so...

Russia 2.png

An ethnic map of the Russian Federation:
Russia in 1912 had an administrative reform, based on the Russian Empire census. Districts with at least 30% of non East Slavic population were detached from their respective governorates, and were given autonomy..
The Grand Duchy of Finland was not touched by this reform, although Poland was

View attachment 347670
Russia in 1912 had an administrative reform, based on the Russian Empire census. Districts with at least 30% of non East Slavic population were detached from their respective governorates, and were given autonomy..

Those white specks are bit nasty to look at. ._.

View attachment 347670

How to say this without sounding like a dick...

Jesus McChrist I can barely see the internal divisions! :eek:

You might need to fix it. Pronto. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.