The M-BAM Main Thread

Is Al Smith for Real still active? If not I can have Albania...
If you want to do something you also can continue Ukraine - I won't be at home until Wednesday and Exams are coming too.

Also then I can continue with 'Murica faster

Ukraine.png

Here's a merged M-BAM, now with 20534 (plus-minus 16) less off-colored pixels!

Please, whoever will be doing a merge next, don't ignore this one, cause it took a while to do and I don't want to redo it again.

Also includes the regions, which I've made sure to make the same size as the previous version.

Here's the link. It was somehow too big to upload, despite being the exact same size as the previous version.
Link. Same problem as with Greater Asia.

I think I just fell in love with this map O.O

ST15RM

Banned
Hey, just lettin you guys know, as soon as I'm done with Chile and I fix Ukraine's physical borders, I'm gonna try and make a borderless MBAM

Hi, you guys are making wonderful maps.

Actually China could be more detailed. The prefectural-level divisions are still larger than the second-level divisions in most countries. How about county level? I have an accurate map of Chinese county divisions but in a different projection. Does it help?

Hi, you guys are making wonderful maps.

Actually China could be more detailed. The prefectural-level divisions are still larger than the second-level divisions in most countries. How about county level? I have an accurate map of Chinese county divisions but in a different projection. Does it help?
Since we're only working with second/third level subdivisions (American counties as lowest for reference, as definition of "second level subdivision" differs), I don't think it will be included into the actual map. Maybe someone wants to do it as an add-on

Since we're only working with second/third level subdivisions (American counties as lowest for reference, as definition of "second level subdivision" differs), I don't think it will be included into the actual map. Maybe someone wants to do it as an add-on

County-level is the third level in China. It has the same average size as American counties, even bigger in Xinjiang and Tibet.

In Chinese constitution, the structure is Province-County (2 levels). However, in order to help the development of big cities, several nearby counties usually make up a Prefecture-level City, which makes counties the third level in fact. Counties have been stable for the past 2000 years. Prefectures are not as stable as counties, depended on policies. In China, people often use province+county to define "where are you from" or "where is the place". I think it is good to include Chinese counties in M-bam such a great map.

I could do Chinese counties. You guys can decide whether to include them when finished. Do you know how to convert the projection? My base map is a little bit larger than the China part in M-bam. I could edit it but the projection is a big problem.

ST15RM

Banned
County-level is the third level in China. It has the same average size as American counties, even bigger in Xinjiang and Tibet.

In Chinese constitution, the structure is Province-County (2 levels). However, in order to help the development of big cities, several nearby counties usually make up a Prefecture-level City, which makes counties the third level in fact. Counties have been stable for the past 2000 years. Prefectures are not as stable as counties, depended on policies. In China, people often use province+county to define "where are you from" or "where is the place". I think it is good to include Chinese counties in M-bam such a great map.

I could do Chinese counties. You guys can decide whether to include them when finished. Do you know how to convert the projection? My base map is a little bit larger than the China part in M-bam. I could edit it but the projection is a big problem.
You know, we will make a bigger map than this we might include those in that map, and also, you can do it by yourself, like on your own map.

You know, we will make a bigger map than this we might include those in that map, and also, you can do it by yourself, like on your own map.
Good grief, this map is huge enough. I'll barely be able to process a map of China on my laptop when this comes.

Good grief, this map is huge enough. I'll barely be able to process a map of China on my laptop when this comes.

... Surely when @Valdore Javorsky says that he's keeping his V-Bam as a regional map due to the sheer task a full world would be, its a sign that it's time to stop expanding?

:p

... Surely when @Valdore Javorsky says that he's keeping his V-Bam as a regional map due to the sheer task a full world would be, its a sign that it's time to stop expanding?

:p
I'm currently working on a VBAM2 (a Central-Eastern European federation map for Nightrise - roughly 5000px*6000px) which is only a regional map too. Regarding that I'm not very looking forward on making Finland (actually I do, but others would definitely not), it's safe to say that A world map larger than MBAM is completely nuts for the next ten years or so.
Unless you truly desire to make Finland, Scandinavia, Chile, Russia, Indonesia, Australia and Canada in a scale larger than MBAM I would highly recommend to abstain the idea.

And that from my mouth.

I meant that American counties are for reference as what is covered (only until lvl 2 subdivisions). In America there's the National border (lvl 0), the State border (lvl 1) and the County border (lvl 2). In China, what is called county would in the USA have the level of parish (lvl 3) or so - as China already has its Provinces(lvl 1) and its districts. (lvl 2)