Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorozhand

Banned

Thanks!
That reminds me. I've lately been tumbling about in my head the idea of a strongly leftist state adopting an anthem based in jazz theory and encouraging new interpretations and variations with every performance. It would definately destabilize the semiotics of eurocentrism in statecraft in a very deliberate way which would electrify the Mass Line.

A flag for a communist Indonesia, based on the specifications of Kerguelen's Live and Let Live timeline:

While it was still a piece of cloth divided by the colors white and red, in the middle was a crimson red star with a black border around it. And inside the star was the symbol that may have grown to love and others dread. A white overlapping hammer and sickle.

wuaktAK.png

Io.png

The Commonwealth of Free Io's flag, the "The Bicolor Banner And The Lone Moon (El Pendón Bicolor y La Luna Solitaria).

The Commonwealth of Free Io, commonly called Io or the Commonwealth, is a Workers' Democracy in the Jupiter system. It has sovereign control over a sphere from 500000 km (7 Jupiter Radii) to 170000 km (2.5 Jupiter Radii) above the surface of Jupiter, although its actual denial capability stretches to about 20000 km above each of the 7 major objects it lays claim to. It is bordered antijupiterward by the Free Jovian Republic, an important trading partner, and jupiterward by several minor polities. The full territory of the Commonwealth covers about 42095030 square kilometers and has has an estimated population of 27,193,000 workers. The Commonwealth exists as 12 Ionian States, 2 Amalthean States, 1 Thebean State, 3 Asteroid States, and 2 Magnetosphere generators; making for a total of 20 states.

The Commonwealth of Free Io is a relatively minor polity, and its most important export is phosphorous produced by the microscopic life living in its sulfur oceans. This means Io is the only major source of phosphorous beyond Earth, giving it a lot of trade leverage.

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=free_io/detail=factbook/id=main

Tell me if I made any mistakes.

Dorozhand

Banned
The Commonwealth of Free Io's flag, the "The Bicolor Banner And The Lone Moon (El Pendón Bicolor y La Luna Solitaria).

The Commonwealth of Free Io, commonly called Io or the Commonwealth, is a Workers' Democracy in the Jupiter system. It has sovereign control over a sphere from 500000 km (7 Jupiter Radii) to 170000 km (2.5 Jupiter Radii) above the surface of Jupiter, although its actual denial capability stretches to about 20000 km above each of the 7 major objects it lays claim to. It is bordered antijupiterward by the Free Jovian Republic, an important trading partner, and jupiterward by several minor polities. The full territory of the Commonwealth covers about 42095030 square kilometers and has has an estimated population of 27,193,000 workers. The Commonwealth exists as 12 Ionian States, 2 Amalthean States, 1 Thebean State, 3 Asteroid States, and 2 Magnetosphere generators; making for a total of 20 states.

The Commonwealth of Free Io is a relatively minor polity, and its most important export is phosphorous produced by the microscopic life living in its sulfur oceans. This means Io is the only major source of phosphorous beyond Earth, giving it a lot of trade leverage.

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=free_io/detail=factbook/id=main

Tell me if I made any mistakes.

Magnificently believable and imaginative. It makes me think of something in the universe of Cowboy Bebop.

A redesigned flag for the "Rebellion" faction from the Metal Slug games for my Metal Slug TL, of which ditches the Nazi like emblem for something less so as part of the grounded realism of the TL and to seem more "inviting":
SoXXlWp.png

Come to think of it, it looks that "Fascist" Laos flag I made for a mod for Making History II (of which sometimes uses some lazy flag designs but that's another story for another time).

Latest filler Flag Interlude from my TL while I finish up the upcoming East Asia focused update

The next update is pretty much good to go, just needs a bit of editing and review, so it should be up either tonight or tomorrow. In the mean time I figured I'd give a quick flag update!

Flag Interlude #2

450px-statenvlag-svg-png.347006

"Upon his rocky ascension to the position of Statthalter of the Dutch Republic, the man who would become Friedrich the Great of Prussia had not yet realized that at the time his position was a token title while Mary Stuart was the true ruler of the Low Countries. He believed her to be a powerful woman who had nowhere else to go, and assumed she would be a useful pawn and regent while he dealt with matters in his homeland. Even in this period, however, marked as the Early Marian Period by the Dutch, Friedrich knew that the region would likely be resistant to his rule and hunger for a return of the House of Orange. As one means of enforcing the image of his rule and the primacy of his inheritance, the introduction of the Pruisischvlag began. While most would not see the matter as something of import, the flag of the Dutch Republic was the Statenvlag, a red-white-blue flag of three equal horizontal stripes. It had become the more prominent replacement to the Prinsenvlag, which had orange at the top band rather than red, and had been the banner of Prince William I of Orange. The Pruisischvlag was not intended to replace the Statenvlag, in fact was mostly displayed with it, and was only used exclusively at sea by Prussian-captained vessels of the navy. However, its design sent a clear message, especially given its presence alongside the the Statenvlag: the orange of the Prinsenvlag, taken from the House of Orange, was replaced by black, symbolizing the control of the Low Countries by the House of Hohenzollern."

- The Little Book of Flags, 1983​

A redesigned flag for the "Rebellion" faction from the Metal Slug games for my Metal Slug TL, of which ditches the Nazi like emblem for something less so as part of the grounded realism of the TL and to seem more "inviting":
SoXXlWp.png

Come to think of it, it looks that "Fascist" Laos flag I made for a mod for Making History II (of which sometimes uses some lazy flag designs but that's another story for another time).

Flag of Japan from other planets in the solar system
(based on the diagram on http://calgary.rasc.ca/sun_and_transits.htm)

XLK1gSQ.png

Mercury (水星 - Suisei) (average of perihelion and aphelion)

LBl5E4U.png

Venus (金星 - Kinsei) (average of perihelion and aphelion)

QCFURal.png

Earth (地球 - Chikyū) (average of perihelion and aphelion)
as defined by the Law Regarding the National Flag and National Anthem in 1999

02tRT6W.png

Mars (火星 - Kasei) (average of perihelion and aphelion)

BnBOUE1.png

Jupiter (木星 - Mokusei) (average of perihelion and aphelion)

Meo4qiP.png

Saturn (土星 - Dosei) (average of perihelion and aphelion)

kLhDaUk.png

Uranus (天王星 - Ten'nōsei) (average of perihelion and aphelion)

H8IZDvT.png

Neptune (海王星 - Kaiōsei) (average of perihelion and aphelion)​

I'd Like To Request A Flag For A Modern Islamic State, Or Federation Containing Modern-Day Spain, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Western Sahara And Portugal. I Want It To Either Be Green And Gold, Black And White Or Red And Gold. It Should Have The Rub El Hizb In It. (This Symbol:
1200px-ROUB_EL_HIZB_06DE.svg.png

170px-Al-Quds_star.svg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.