A Blank Map Thread

Kavrayskiy VII projection template for Worlda. No, Worlda isn't already Kavrayskiy VII, it's a weird distortion of either Kavrayskiy VII or Robinson or something in-between.

Made a few adjustments to the edges
Xl8YxdZ.png

A Blank map of degaciated Antarctica:
Blank Map2.jpg

This map assumes a Canadian/Siberian/Greenland style climate with the center still being a giant glacier. Because glaciers have compressed the land IOTL, this map assumes a higher elevation than the current Antarctic bedrock.

Does anyone have a BAM for the Baltic+Eastern Europe? Thinking roughly Scandinavia, Pomerania/Brandenburg, Poland, and at least part of European Russia.

Either one big map, or two or three smaller ones:

1. the Baltic, so Scandinavia+Prussia, Pomerania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, part of Novgorod etc.

2. a Ukraine/Black Sea Map, encompassing Ukraine, Moldovia, Eastern Bulgaria, southern Russia, and northern Anatolia.

3. a central Europe/Oder-centered blank map, covering Bohemia, Poland, Saxony, Prussia, Pomerania, northern Hungary.

Does anyone have a BAM for the Baltic+Eastern Europe? Thinking roughly Scandinavia, Pomerania/Brandenburg, Poland, and at least part of European Russia.

Either one big map, or two or three smaller ones:

1. the Baltic, so Scandinavia+Prussia, Pomerania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, part of Novgorod etc.

2. a Ukraine/Black Sea Map, encompassing Ukraine, Moldovia, Eastern Bulgaria, southern Russia, and northern Anatolia.

3. a central Europe/Oder-centered blank map, covering Bohemia, Poland, Saxony, Prussia, Pomerania, northern Hungary.

- baltic basemap: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/a-blank-map-thread.25312/#post-397662

all of europe:
https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/a-blank-map-thread.25312/#post-397713

I made a maps of Ukraine. First one is adminstrative divisions before March 2014 and second one is Blank map of Ukraine in 2014-2017.

Attachments

• hhh.png
    hhh.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 562
  • Bez tytułu.png
    Bez tytułu.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 883
I made a maps of Ukraine. First one is adminstrative divisions before March 2014 and second one is Blank map of Ukraine in 2014-2017.
shouldn't crimea and donbass be striped? they are not russian, they are occupied territory, such territory is usually indicated by stripes of both countries.
same would also apply to transnystria, which is also russian occupied

shouldn't crimea and donbass be striped? they are not russian, they are occupied territory, such territory is usually indicated by stripes of both countries.
same would also apply to transnystria, which is also russian occupied

"Usually" seems to be a much misused word.

I have most often seen stripes used to indicate a power-sharing arrangement. I most usually see occupied territory as filled with the occupying power's colour and a claim line of the disputing claimant's colour as an inner border.

In the case of those two provinces, it is further complicated by the fact that Russia isn't (officially as least) the disputing power. Officially, Luhansk and Donestsk are independent small states. Each individually claims the territory of the former Ukrainian province of the same name, and Ukraine claims the entirety of the two areas. As facts on the ground, each of the two controls roughly half of the total area that each one claims. And it is widely believed that they are puppet states controlled by Russia.

From 22/5/2014 until 20/5/2015, the two provincial governments were nominally part of the Novorossiya Confederation.

I also note that the nominally no-man's land on the Moldova-Ukraine border is missing.