Map Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unending screeching of an Oldenburgless child, God has forsaken this TL. All quiver at the thought of such an Eldritch land, with such a haven plucked from the world.

0.jpg

I love me some Eldritch-style nihilism... :p

I just realised that I've made an unintentional post-nuclear Denmark-wank...

Time to fulfil the wishes of my ancestors and make the Kingdom proud! XD

I love me some Eldritch-style nihilism... :p

I just realised that I've made an unintentional post-nuclear Denmark-wank...

Time to fulfil the wishes of my ancestors and make the Kingdom proud! XD
"My county for a kingdom," it seems, and if you ever need some soul rending, Lovecraftian styled depression you can always trust on me.

fashbasher

Banned
Note: I don't condone the behavior of anyone in this scenario

A deconstruction of racist screed The Turner Diaries. About 100 years after the nuclear exchange, most of Asia and Africa remain uninhabitable and rife with mutant flora and fauna, the climate is going haywire as the Americans and Rednecks attempt to extract every last bit of natural resources, cultural and religious divides have split the Anglo-American world, Europe is deeply divided, and Russia once again is communist, albeit with a different name (RSFSR => RFSFR).

ufhQON3.png

And I decided to create an equally deplorable far-left one. I do not condone anything here.

fashbasher

Banned
l47TdpM.png

Better imo borders from a scenario in which British India gains independence as about 30-40 countries within a trade union, similar to the EEC. This resolves the Rohingya issue (they're Banglastani); I don't really like how the Seven Sister States wound up but I know they're a demographic maze regardless.

Skallagrim

Banned
l47TdpM.png

Better imo borders from a scenario in which British India gains independence as about 30-40 countries within a trade union, similar to the EEC. This resolves the Rohingya issue (they're Banglastani); I don't really like how the Seven Sister States wound up but I know they're a demographic maze regardless.

This is most relevant to my interests. A beautiful union of smaller states, thus keeping everything together, while allowing everyone enough space not to feel constrained. Such is the path of wisdom.

Heres an update. South America is done and so is Africa. I do realize that Ethiopia looks like someone puked on it but those are the divisions that i could find.

VIVAREVELUTION.png

View attachment 343722
Map of Ruina Imperii, featuring the Continent of Europa, in the year 1976, 23 years after the Fall of Empires during the de-facto end of the "End War."

Not sure if this should go here, but I figured I may as well give some context in regards to my old map.

-----

The End War, also known as the Great War or Final War, was a conflict lasting from 1928 to 1953. In the 25 years that the war lasted, it resulted in the near total collapse of the Russian and German Empires, the British Empire's loss of most of Britain proper, and the collapse of the First French Empire, Spanish Republic, and Polish State.

Belligerent in the war were the two sides of the French Entente and Imperial Alliance.

On the side of the French Entente was:
-The First French Republic (First French Empire from 1932 onwards),
-The Polish State
-The Spanish Republic (Until 1950)
-Canadian Republic
-Swedish Kingdom (From 1932 to 1947)
-Irish Republic (From 1950)

On the side of the Imperial Alliance:
-Great Germanic Empire
-Russian Empire (Until 1946)
-British Empire (From 1932)

European Theatre:

Inital phases of the war resulted in large Polish and French Gains, most of the Baltic regions and Ukraine falling to Polish occupation, while Danzig frequently switched hands between German and Polish forces. Meanwhile, France was able to capture the German Low Countries, albiet failed to push through defenses anywhere else. This situation would last until 1932, upon which Sweden entered the war with promises of gaining German Denmark. With Germany now squeezed between three forces, Poland begun to march into German Courland and into Prussia and Pommerania, while France begun to make progress in the Rhineland, and Sweden occupied Copenhagen, as well as marching into Northern Finland. Nonetheless, the Superior German Baltic fleet would capture Swedish Gotland and even Swedish Oland. During the same year however, Britain declared war on France, infuriated it was unable to now trade with Germany (France and it's alliance were never on good terms with Britain). This resulted in Spain seizing Gibralter after a three month siege, and Britain beginning the invasion of Calais. This allowed the Germans to push the French back out of the Rhineland, and the Polish out of Pommerania.

This situation of events lasted until 1943, when the Wschód plan was brought into play. The result was the fall of Tsaritsyn to Polish forces, as they marched across the remainder of the Ukraine. In Russia the situation became desperate, Swedish forces were rapidly approaching the capital of Saint Petersburg, and Poland was getting ever closer to Moscow. In 1945 all hell broke lose. Oppressed minorities in Russia rose up, along with Communists and Republicans. In 1946, after the fall of Moscow to Republican forces, and the loss of Central Asia to nationalist groups and Communists, the Russian Empire sued for peace. Poland gained the almost all of Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, and Russian Latvia, while Sweden gained all of Finland and Karelia, with the exception of the fortress city of Murmunsk. France gained much of the Russian Middle East as well, albiet these areas were already filled with nationalist groups.

With this, the Germans became squeezed, Losing almost all of the Rhineland to France, and a good chunk of Silesia to Poland. In 1947, the Germans dropped a nuclear bomb on Lodz. The Polish government response was mad, as the government crippled behind the force of the new weapon. Germany regained all it's lost lands, and marched into Poland proper, capturing Lithuania as it went. Belarus and Ukraine regained their brief independence., and Germany turned to France and Sweden. Sweden quickly sued for peace with the Germans, granting them parts of Scania as well as Gotland and Oland, leaving France and Spain the last remnants of the Entente in Europe. As the German war machine marched through French defenses, France begun a policy of atomic scorched Earth. While having failed to develop the advanced Nuclear bombs the Germans did, they nonetheless had primitive nuclear dirty bombs which they released along the entirety of the front. The sole exception was the General in Luxembourg, who rebelled against French orders and welcomed the German troops in with open arms in exchange for independence. This succeeded in slowing down the German advance, causing thousands of casualties, yet at that point the understanding of radiation was very poorly developed. At the same time, Spain fell to complete revolution, with Syndicalists taking over the government, and dividing the nation into a collective of loosely united syndicates. French Naval Forces managed to sieze the Balearic islands, but with Germany fast approaching Paris there was little they could do. As the Lowlands and much of the area between the Rhine and the Seine obliterated in Nuclear hellfire the French had begun to get their act together. While the French Emperor refused to leave Paris, the collection of Generals which had now begun to run the government recieved well welcome news, the perfection of the Atomic Bomb was complete. In 1950, shortly after the fall of Spain to Communist forces, and just before Paris was to be encircled, the New Ruling Junta made their choice. Two bombers went out. One to London, obliterating a large portion of the city, and the other destroyed the Kiel Canal, later contaminating the entirety of the Canal. The British Government nearly collapsed. Ireland rebelled en-mass, resulting in the proclamation of the Irish Republic, which had quickly taken over the western portion of the island. German supply lines were crippled, and the Polish government, once near collapse, managed to regain momentum, and link the Fortress city of Warsaw to the remanants of the Polish State in Galicia.

French forces were once again on the offensive, recapurting large amounts of territory, especially in the North as the British withdrew. German leadership begun to panick. In desperation they released numerous Nuclear bombs over the entirety of the Warsaw pocket, destroying the remanants of the Polish Government and reducing the Polish to an easy stalemate in Galicia. Yet German forces were not on the offensive yet. By now, Britain had developed it's own Nuclear bomb, and used it to decapitate the French Government in atomizing the city of Paris. What was unbeknowst to the Imperials was that by now the French Government had fled to Marsellies, where the ruling cabal of generals was orchestrating the war there. The French Government responded in Kind to Britain, using the last of their Dirty bombs to utterly destroy much of the Southern Coastline of England. By now both sides were utterly exhausted. The Irish Rebellion was threatening to overthrow all of English authority in Ireland. Most of Northern France had been atomized and the Poles desperately wanted peace with the Germans, who were now facing an insurgency from Communist forces who wished to end the war, and had already taken control of most of central Germany. The leaders gathered in Luxembourg city to hammer out a treaty. In November of 1953, the "End War" truly came to an end. By now it was learned of the devestating effects radiation had on people, and contaminated areas were listed as off limits to all governments. The Governments also agreed to begin evacuating people from areas nearby to the radiation zones, fearing the water will contaminate the lands. Lastly was the Independence of Switzerland, Lithuania, and the German Baltics except Riga, as well as Ireland (With the exception of coastal cities under British control), and the establishment of two neutral states, Cornwall and Britanny to border the uncontaminated English Channel areas. The only state to gain independence without being recognized by the treaty was that of Polish Moldova, namely because they had established a Communist state.

In the years that followed, near all of Central Germany would fall to a Communist revolution before the ruling government threatened nuclear force. The Archduchy of Austria would intervene in the German Civil War, regaining Tirol and Bohemia as well as gaining control over Southern Bavaria. The British would release Wales under a Personal Union after sepratists threatened to entirely topple British rule there. France would offically abolish it's monarchy, becoming the 2nd French Republic, and Sweden would suffer a revolution in Finland, which eventually came to a stalemate.

By 1973, the once great Empires of Europe lay in ruin. The Opertunistic Swedes and Austrians along with the rising star of Naples now dominate the continent. The Russian Civil war came to a standstill, with Communist states emerging in the Caucaus area and Siberia, while Republicans gained control over most of Russia proper. The Russian Empire still exists stuck in Saint Petersburg and a collection of old Cities and colonies, the current Tsar, the son of the Tsar who presided over the end war is a mere child, thrust into power after Revolutionaries killed his father in Moscow. Poland, suprisingly has re-embraced Democracy, now exisiting in Rump Galicia, while France remains under it's Junta though having managed to push the more nationalist Syndicates of Catalonia and the Basque into it's sphere of influence. Spain remains a decentralized mess, but after the loss of Galicia to Portugal have begun to re-centralize their nation in order to survive. After most of the royal family was killed in London, the former Duke of York rules as Emperor of Britian, and Britannia still rules much of the waves, albiet in a significantly reduced fashion. Germany has lost much, but gained some too. The capital has been moved to Berlin from Dresden, and the Hohenzollerns of Prussia were allowed their own state, but otherwise Germany is doing better than most. They've managed to keep intact a good chunk of their small colonial Empire and are working on the reclaimation process of the hellish landscape where the nuclear waste reigns supreme, working with Luxembourg to help bolster their own decontamination process.

It seems the world will heal, but the Age of Empires as we know it is over.

Not sure if this should go here, but I figured I may as well give some context in regards to my old map.

-----

It seems the world will heal, but the Age of Empires as we know it is over.

Dang.

Just what caused the War in the first place? And it lasting so long?

What ever was going on with the Americans, Asia, and Africa?

Dang.

Just what caused the War in the first place? And it lasting so long?

What ever was going on with the Americans, Asia, and Africa?

German attempts to reclaim the Area West of the Rhine was what caused the war. French blamed nationalist groups in Germany, which wasn't entirely untrue.

It lasted so long because the populations of all nations were much higher than OTL, there was no Napoleonic Wars or even a real WWI, all of the powers, having been so successful for so long refused to give up, especially because they had the manpower and technology to keep the war moving. It was mostly trench warfare, ala OTL WWI style.

The rest of the world will be revealed in a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.