If I were to choose between liberty conservatism and right-Freyism, I'd choose right-Freyism in a heartbeat, since it gives more freedom for its followers to align with progressive economic policies. Interesting what's happening in Italy. Usually, communism is tied to the USSR and China. And though I personally hate communism, well, I am interested to see what happens in Italy and the left in Europe and beyond.

P.S. As the Congressman and I have stressed before, In some ways, the left is much stronger ITTL, especially in economics. But when it comes to social issues, the right is much stronger. For example, AmCare passed. But there's basically a supermajority greater than two-thirds in the US Senate, for example, blocking socially liberal policies. Communonationalists and conservatives are all voting against those things. IMO, the ITTL US Senate can possibly pass a Federal Marriage Amendment, and maybe a Human Life Amendment if they are willing to do so.

Say, @The Congressman, how about the Civil Rights Act of 1981? We haven't seen an update about that, as far as I can remember.

Also @The Congressman, how large is the US social conservative coalition right now ITTL?

Last edited:
A Declaration War from Addis Ababa and Khartoum

45c04fcf7-1.jpg

With the ever increasing tensions between the Entebbe Pact and the People's Democratic Republic of Ethiopia along with Ethiopia's ally of the Republic of Sudan, whose leader President Gaafar Muhammad an-Nimeiry was present, members of the world press had descended on the Ethiopian capital of Addis Ababa as Mengistu Haile Mariam, the Chairman of Derg, the Communist military junta that has ruled the country since the coup that ended the Solomonic dynasty, prepared to give a speech on the recent border clashes with Kenyan military forces.

"Workers of the world, let it be known that as you have triumphed over Yakovlev and his revisionist traitors in Moscow, so too will your Ethiopian brethren triumph over the revisionists in Mogadishu and Maputo. We will also crush the capitalist tyrants in Kampala, Kinshasa, Huambo, and Nairobi - the Entebbe Pact thinks Ethiopia will not act but we will! Therefore, I hereby declare war on the Entebbe Pact and the revisionists in Mogadishu and Maputo!" exclaimed Mengistu. Supporters of the Derg cheered and the press corps was utterly stunned. President Nimeiry then stepped forward to take Mengistu's place on the podium and went right into a speech of his own before the press could even begin to ask questions.

nimeiry.jpg

"I can assure my friend and ally, Chairman Mengistu Haile Mariam, that the people of Sudan will stand by their Ethiopian brothers and sisters against the West's lap dogs in the Entebbe Pact and we will win! The Pact wishes to enslave Africa to their whims just as the Europeans did before them, I and Chairman Mariam will not stand for this - Africa must be free! I pledge my complete support and that of the entire Sudanese nation to Ethiopia. War is coming Amin, Mobutu, Savimbi, and Obama...I hope you're all ready."

Last edited:
If I were to choose between liberty conservatism and right-Freyism, I'd choose right-Freyism in a heartbeat, since it gives more freedom for its followers to align with progressive economic policies. Interesting what's happening in Italy. Usually, communism is tied to the USSR and China. And though I personally hate communism, well, I am interested to see what happens in Italy and the left in Europe and beyond.

P.S. As the Congressman and I have stressed before, In some ways, the left is much stronger ITTL, especially in economics. But when it comes to social issues, the right is much stronger. For example, AmCare passed. But there's basically a supermajority greater than two-thirds in the US Senate, for example, blocking socially liberal policies. Communonationalists and conservatives are all voting against those things. IMO, the ITTL US Senate can possibly pass a Federal Marriage Amendment, and maybe a Human Life Amendment if they are willing to do so.

Say, @The Congressman, how about the Civil Rights Act of 1981? We haven't seen an update about that, as far as I can remember.

Also @The Congressman, how large is the US social conservative coalition right now ITTL?

On the other hand, the basis of Liberty Conservatism includes keeping the Federal government out of social policy (for the most part) so there might not be a supermajority big enough for social/moral amendments.

Of course, of course.
It isn't jumping the gun to express support for the idea of restoring the Ethiopian Royal Family! Long live Halie's descendants, down with the Derg!
Ethiopia is just as insane as AK describes them. However, Qaddafi is hedging his bets. Surrounded by Pro-British Sadat and French Algeria, he's quietly cozying up to Entebbe, Cairo, and London. The Derg, on the other hand, wants to attack Uganda and Kenya and is just waiting for the green light from Moscow to do so

Ethiopia is just as insane as AK describes them. However, Qaddafi is hedging his bets. Surrounded by Pro-British Sadat and French Algeria, he's quietly cozying up to Entebbe, Cairo, and London. The Derg, on the other hand, wants to attack Uganda and Kenya and is just waiting for the green light from Moscow to do so
Well then, I shall go back and edit it.

On the other hand, the basis of Liberty Conservatism includes keeping the Federal government out of social policy (for the most part) so there might not be a supermajority big enough for social/moral amendments.
Most Liberty Conservatives and FFLs would vote for social/moral amendments if they came to pass, but stuff like that is not an issue at this point. Abortion access is considered a state-level fight, as well as issues over Briggs Initiatives and gay rights. The Progressives have largely adopted a policy of "Keep the Government Out of our Bedrooms," and are joined in that by liberal Ds and moderate/libertarian Rs. More or less, it is a stalemate at this point at the national level with some states being let it alone and others being more restrictive.

Most Liberty Conservatives and FFLs would vote for social/moral amendments if they came to pass, but stuff like that is not an issue at this point. Abortion access is considered a state-level fight, as well as issues over Briggs Initiatives and gay rights. The Progressives have largely adopted a policy of "Keep the Government Out of our Bedrooms," and are joined in that by liberal Ds and moderate/libertarian Rs. More or less, it is a stalemate at this point at the national level with some states being let it alone and others being more restrictive.
Who is currently winning on the state level. the pro lifers or the Pro choicers

Perhaps Gaddafi has a border incident with Sudan and uses it as an excuse to declare war on Khartoum then Addis Ababa joins Sudan in declaring war on Tripoli? ;)

Bulldoggus

Banned
I've just realized that liberalism is a minority faction in all three parties. In the Dems it is second to communationalism, in the Progs there would probably be a 10-15% liberal faction, and in the GOP it would exist among Rockefeller types and urban black voters who are republicans on tribal rather than ideological lines.