Map Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: I don't condone the behavior of anyone in this scenario

cH2gcaM.png

A deconstruction of racist screed The Turner Diaries. About 100 years after the nuclear exchange, most of Asia and Africa remain uninhabitable and rife with mutant flora and fauna, the climate is going haywire as the Americans and Rednecks attempt to extract every last bit of natural resources, cultural and religious divides have split the Anglo-American world, Europe is deeply divided, and Russia once again is communist, albeit with a different name (RSFSR => RFSFR).
That seems about right. Nuking the shit out of half the world because you hate their skin color isn't a great idea??? Who would have thought???

Battlefield2Warof2007.png

I'm nearly done with this map...

I mentioned in the comments of RvBOmally's Battlefield 2142 map that I'd probably do a cover of the pre-War Battlefield 2 world.

I've obviously decided to take some liberties here and there as the game doesn't seem to give much of a background to the 'War of 2007'. The way I see it is that the Cold War probably ends differently, while the Middle East takes a different turn with Iraq and Syria reconciling with the Saudis and form the basis of the MEC in the late 90's or early 2000's. The EU grows to be more politically and militarily centralised much earlier than OTL - albeit without becoming Nigel Farage's worst nightmare. :p

I don't think the War on Terror* as we know it happens ITTL. Instead the Chinese and the MEC (at this point it's a Saudi-Iraqi led EU-lite + military alliance to keep those filthy Western kaffirs out :p) team up to keep the US (and probably Russia, as Moscow probably avoided the Yeltsin era, retained some Soviet territory and is more Western friendly) out of their respective spheres of influence. The Chinese are taking advantage of their status as Superpower II: Electric Boogaloo to reign in any possible US allies (read, Vietnam and the Philippines).

Isaac Beach

Banned
It's a map thread, dude. It's going to subjected to criticisms and jeers alike. At least my suggestion was constructive. It literally took nothing away from the map, only suggested a small thing that might make it better.
But if that's rude, then I guess... sure, whatever. Take care!

No. Constructive criticism would have been "this would have been better if you colored it a bolder shade than the surrounding countries". As it stands you told me what to do, not suggested, and that is rude.

Just noticed this; you have Timezoe instead of Timezone.

Oh! Thanks a bunch, good catch, I'll fix that right away.

I don't know why, but the thing I enjoy most from your worldas (discounting the scenario) is the colour scheme. It's just so pretty!

I'm REALLY picky with my colour schemes... Maybe its an autist thing... :p

Half the time I'll abandon maps solely due to the fact that the colour scheme doesn't mesh...

I steal half my shit from RvBOmally anyway. :3

View attachment 343733

I'm nearly done with this map...

I mentioned in the comments of RvBOmally's Battlefield 2142 map that I'd probably do a cover of the pre-War Battlefield 2 world.

I've obviously decided to take some liberties here and there as the game doesn't seem to give much of a background to the 'War of 2007'. The way I see it is that the Cold War probably ends differently, while the Middle East takes a different turn with Iraq and Syria reconciling with the Saudis and form the basis of the MEC in the late 90's or early 2000's. The EU grows to be more politically and militarily centralised much earlier than OTL - albeit without becoming Nigel Farage's worst nightmare. :p

I don't think the War on Terror* as we know it happens ITTL. Instead the Chinese and the MEC (at this point it's a Saudi-Iraqi led EU-lite + military alliance to keep those filthy Western kaffirs out :p) team up to keep the US (and probably Russia, as Moscow probably avoided the Yeltsin era, retained some Soviet territory and is more Western friendly) out of their respective spheres of influence. The Chinese are taking advantage of their status as Superpower II: Electric Boogaloo to reign in any possible US allies (read, Vietnam and the Philippines).
Come to think of it, I still have that Metal Slug map to work on of which is somewhat faithful to the games lore wise but is more grounded in reality; problem is that the lore of the games is very barebones and that the tech levels are sporadic and not in a good way.

and the exactly meaning of this is...?

sorry if I'm missing something
Its quite simple, I'm just pointing out that Creative12 is most likely a troll. I did also report the message for the mods' to decide if they agreed.

There's also no way Britain will give up influence over Egypt, Somaliland, or really any territory. Unless the Italian Navy somehow annihilates the Royal Navy in the Mediterranean, I guess, and the Indian Ocean, and...well.
There is that, as well of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.