Tellurus: a worldbuilding project

What color scheme should Tellurus use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, here are all the dates that will be covered by me paleogeographic Tellurus project:
800mya (Tonian) 90%
650mya (Cryogenian) 90%
600mya (Ediacaran) 90%
540mya (Early Cambrian) 0%
500mya (Late Cambrian) 0%
450mya (Ordovician) 0%
425mya (Silurian) 0%
400mya (Devonian) 0%
350mya (Mississippian) 50%
300mya (Pennsylvanian) 0%
275mya (Permian) 0%
250mya (Permian-Triassic Boundary ) 50%
200mya (Triassic-Jurassic Boundary) 0%
150mya (Jurassic-Cretaceous Boundary) 0%
100mya (Cretaceous) 0%
64mya (Cretaceous-Palaeocene Boundary) 0%
50mya (Eocene) 0%
25mya (Oligocene) 0%
5mya (Pliocene) 0%
26kya (Pleistocene) 0%
Now (Holocene) 99%
In total about 24% Finished

Last edited:
Carboniferous period now colored in. The movements of the continents should make more sense once I fill the gaps more.
Tellurus Carboniferous.png

Colors still correlate with the colors here:
Tellurus color scheme.png

Small info dump write-up I made on the continents some time ago, putting it here just in case someone is interested. Dates and names subject to change.

Not counting underwater shelves, going clockwise from the top left:

Serratar
Rhodin
Talamor
Equatoria
Ozara
Capricornia

The Sund Archipelago are sometimes considered their own continent, or part of Serratar.

Talamor and Ozara are fused. Serratar and Rhodin are almost fused. Talamor may also be fused with Serica, and if it is, would count as a supercontinent, named Serratalamozara. (Serica Hatar Talamor Ozara)

Serratar is comprised of several smaller continents and subcontinents., listed here clockwise from top left:

Sibirica
Hatar
Central Serratar
Avarda
Southeast Serica
Southwest Serica
Greater Serica

Talamor is comprised of three smaller regions, going clockwise starting in the top left;

Aquilonia
Talamor Proper (Old Talamor)
Mexas (word coined by Turquoise Blue)
Southern Valley
South New Talamor
North New Talamor

Ozara has one major island, Malag.

Talamor has a large archipelago in the Arctic Circle.

Equatoria has one major island, Natecuya.

Serratar has several major islands, including
Unia Islands
Aq Taqmaq
Thule
Yseia
Tapron

The Sund may be considered part of Serratar

Supercontinents

Rodinia 1.1 gya - 750 mya
Pannotia 660 mya - 550 mya
Pangea 300 mya - 180 mya
Serratarhodin-Talazara 50 mya - present

Other continents

Archeobora/Protoborea/Borea 580 mya - 55 mya
Consisted of Talamor, Sibirica, Hatar, Serica (Borea only) and Equatoria (Borea only).

Archeomedia 550 mya - 180 mya
Consisted of Equatoria, Sund, Serica, western Capricornia, southern Serica, and southeasternmost Talamor.

Protoeurusia/Eurusia 550 mya - 170 mya
Consisted of eastern Capricornia, Avarda, central Serratar, Rhodin, New Talamor, Aquilonia, Ozara and Malag

Notia (Rhozaraland) 170 mya - 110 mya
Consisted of Rhodin and Ozara

Greater Capricornia 170 mya - 90 mya
Consisted of Capricornia and Avarda

Here's the names map for @Uralicker, i'm not sure if the link will work because I'm not used to using imgur.

https://imgur.com/a/IaHsH

EDIT: alternate link https://i.imgur.com/8aEyjZP.png

In other news, I fixed the mid-ocean ridge on the edges of the map, at the cost of sacrificing the map outline :p Turns out the Robinson projection Gprojector makes isn't exactly the same size as regular worldA maps. I'm also gonna start on the rivers soon.
phys_newtellurus.png

Last edited:
Here's the names map for @Uralicker, i'm not sure if the link will work because I'm not used to using imgur.

https://imgur.com/a/IaHsH

EDIT: alternate link https://i.imgur.com/8aEyjZP.png

In other news, I fixed the mid-ocean ridge on the edges of the map, at the cost of sacrificing the map outline :p Turns out the Robinson projection Gprojector makes isn't exactly the same size as regular worldA maps. I'm also gonna start on the rivers soon.View attachment 342666
When there is a detailed map for Eos and Ersa?

This is the very first version of this map that I posted here on November 28 of 2015 in the map thread. It's kinda crazy to see how much progress I've made on it, and it still isn't done XD.
original tellurus.png

Dude I love this, if you ever want some linguistic help lemme know. If it's appropriate for me to offer. I do a lot of fantasy language work.