Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

fashbasher

Banned
@fashbasher made a very interesting entry. It's an entry that makes the head of any Neo-Nazi out there explode in an instant. It also reminds me of how barbarian even Germany used to be back in the days.

The one time when trolling won't get me a stern talking-to from the mods is when it's trolling bigots and backed up with a good map.

"Terrible" and "stupid" are highly subjective judgements. Where is the threshold for stupidity? It shouldn't inflate down to politicians you don't like.

"Terrible" and "stupid" are highly subjective judgements. Where is the threshold for stupidity? It shouldn't inflate down to politicians you don't like.
It's partly meant to be subjective. If someone believes Hillary to be incompetent, they can post a map of what they think the world would be like after her lead as president. But it's mostly just someone who did a really bad job, and lead the country into a bad way during their time as leader.

It's partly meant to be subjective. If someone believes Hillary to be incompetent, they can post a map of what they think the world would be like after her lead as president. But it's mostly just someone who did a really bad job, and lead the country into a bad way during their time as leader.
I also think that the current theme allows for depicting the successes of a cunning queen. That is to say, her contemporaries all think she's stupid, but she through careful planning advances the interests of her state at the expense of theirs.

I also think that the current theme allows for depicting the successes of a cunning queen. That is to say, her contemporaries all think she's stupid, but she through careful planning advances the interests of her state at the expense of theirs.
That could also occur, I was thinking about that exact idea as I was writing the post. Or a stupid leader who somehow does everything right, so the country enters an inadvertent golden age. It's all up to how people choose to interpret it. :p

If you're gonna continue with the song references
"Don't Stop me Now"
Make a map of a rapid expanding empire. Like OTL Mongol, Alexandrine or Achaemenid empire

Asami

Banned
I Want To Break Free - A map depicting a country's struggle for independence against the country that controls it.
The Real Slim Shady - A map depicting a division of one country where each country claims to be the "true" country. (like North Korea, South Korea, West Germany, East Germany, et al.)
Don't Stop Believin' - A map depicting a religion's struggle to survive against hostile faiths.