Status
Not open for further replies.

1868:
BookerHarris def CruzPaul 2028.png

Sumner/Conkling: 195/55.1%
Hendricks/Lee: 93/44.8%

PODs:

Due to harsher policies, not as many states are readmitted into the union

Sumner's policies have begun to wear on his Northern base, allowing for Indiana, New York, and Connecticut to vote Democrat

Sumner's second term is largely uneventful and is just a continuation of his previous policies, as well as implementing measures to ensure Southern states cannot negate the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments (voting rights forever!!)

The moderate Republicans have clashed with Sumner's radicalism, which leads to what is basically an inter-party civil war come convention time

Ran a 1872 PI game as a simulator and I got this result
SNIP

I unfortunately dont know a whole lot about the reconstruction era, and i have no clue who Greeley is, or why the "Liberal Republicans" won most of the south, but i was wondering if this was

1) Plausible
2) What effect this would have on electoral politics in the future

Could you tell me what that simulator is called?

Also at this point there's a better chance of Senator Collins switching to the Democrats or going Independent and Caucausing with then I'm the same manner as Senator King, she's up for reelection in 2020 which as an election year and with the new Ranked Choice voting that's really her only hope of winning another term ...if she just dosent retire, which I hope she dosent she's a wonderful woman.

Also at this point there's a better chance of Senator Collins switching to the Democrats or going Independent and Caucausing with then I'm the same manner as Senator King, she's up for reelection in 2020 which as an election year and with the new Ranked Choice voting that's really her only hope of winning another term ...if she just dosent retire, which I hope she dosent she's a wonderful woman.
Ranked voting got struck down, and it probably won't come back. it could, though.

Joe Manchin vs. Susan Collins from their positions and assuming every state votes for the closest candidate. View attachment 340004
Manchin: 173, 48%
Collins: 365, 50%
KY, WV, VT, and ME are the biggest wins.
Tell me, why would Hawai'i vote for a Republican?
This would be the tipping point map. http://www.270towin.com/maps/9A7Zk. (Manchin would need to win by .5 for this) And here's a Manchin win by 2 (http://www.270towin.com/maps/GJor0)
Still doesn't make much sense.

This would be the tipping point map. http://www.270towin.com/maps/9A7Zk. (Manchin would need to win by .5 for this) And here's a Manchin win by 2 (http://www.270towin.com/maps/GJor0)

I think you're overestimating how much partisan re-alignment would take place. In conservative Democrat vs. liberal Republican contest such as Manchin vs. Collins or Baker, most Democrats, even staunch liberals, are going to stay Democratic and most Republicans, even staunch conservatives, are going to stay Republican. A lot of voters have partisan loyalties, and they're not going to suddenly switch like that. The only change I think would occur is the Manchin doing better in the Appalachians (maybe enough to sway West Virginia or Kentucky) and Collins or Baker doing better in New England (maybe enough to sway New Hampshire or Rhode Island).

I think you're overestimating how much partisan re-alignment would take place. In conservative Democrat vs. liberal Republican contest such as Manchin vs. Collins or Baker, most Democrats, even staunch liberals, are going to stay Democratic and most Republicans, even staunch conservatives, are going to stay Republican. A lot of voters have partisan loyalties, and they're not going to suddenly switch like that. The only change I think would occur is the Manchin doing better in the Appalachians (maybe enough to sway West Virginia or Kentucky) and Collins or Baker doing better in New England (maybe enough to sway New Hampshire or Rhode Island).

This would be assuming no partisan loyalties. What I think would actually happen I posted upthread.

genusmap.php

If pushed to give a prediction between Manchin and Collins, this is it. Running mates are Steve Bullock and John Kasich.

Notice that most states go for the same parties, there's very few drastic flippings, only Appalachia and Louisiana for Manchin [high number of registered Democrats] and Connecticut for Collins [Historically a Republican state?].

Status
Not open for further replies.