Photos from Alternate Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
November 3, 2004: Outgoing President Donald Trump (D-MA) congratulating President-elect Bill Clinton (R-NJ) on his electoral win against Senator John Hinckley (D-OK).

11111.jpg

Deleted member 82792

View attachment 290713
An early CSS wanted poster, circa 1963. Not long before these four outlaws defected to Cuba.

View attachment 290725
Archie Manning holding up the CCAA Championship trophy for Mississippi's 38-26 win over Alabama in the Sugar Bowl 1 January 1971
3 months after this picture was taken, Archie Manning would defect the Lone Star Republic of Texas and Louisiana.
In addition to winning for 5 Super Bowl Championships with the New Orleans Saints under legendary head coach Darrel "Mouse" Davis, Manning would become a beacon for the North American anti-apartheid movement, often at risk to his life.

View attachment 290728
A picture of Prince Rogers Nelson taken outside of an GPUR Forces induction depot in Minneapolis, Minnesota when President Dole called a national mobilization at the start of hostilities between the GPUR and the IRNA in 1981. The artist the world knows today as Prince was a long range reconnaissance trooper for the 39th Minnesota Militia in the 1981-1982 Border Conflict with the Industrial Republic of North America. His experiences in combat in the forestlands north of Minneapolis-St. Paul provided the inspiration for his breakthrough 1986 album "Paisley Park".

Can we see some more?

Durham County, North Carolina - 14 August 2017

A statue of Norton I, Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico, is torn down. Symbols of American imperialistic rule have been taken down across the nation following the successful 2016-2017 uprising against the government which led to the downfall of the American monarchy and the re-establishment of the American republic.

virginia-protests-statues.jpg

the-prime-minister-for-quebec-jean-charest-meets-prime-minister-of-picture-id113983936

Progressive Conservative Prime Minister Jean Charest debates with Reform Leader Steve Harper in Montreal. Not pictured are NDP leader Bob Rae, Bloc Québécois Leader Jean Lapierre, and Liberal leader Pierre Pettigrew.

And finally (since Sharknado 5 is premiering next week), let's all take a moment to remember the time when Governor Gary Herbert of Utah defended his state from merciless flying sharks with only a tennis racket:
MdOIA2l.png

(seriously - they actually got the real-life Governor of Utah to show up for this Sharknado 4 cameo in 2016, the same year in which he won re-election to the governorship)!

How did I not know about this? I live in Utah! I really need to catch up on my Sharknado lore.

21314607_2168439679852140_1164793258876615510_n.jpg

President George Takei following his defeat of Republican Donald Trump. Takei parlayed his success on the Star Trek franchise show Excelsior into the Governorship of California on the way to the White House. His campaign slogan of "Excelsior!" did create some initial legal wrangling with the Star Trek rights' holders. However it did bring the endorsement of Stan Lee...​

21314607_2168439679852140_1164793258876615510_n.jpg

President George Takei following his defeat of Republican Donald Trump. Takei parlayed his success on the Star Trek franchise show Excelsior into the Governorship of California on the way to the White House. His campaign slogan of "Excelsior!" did create some initial legal wrangling with the Star Trek rights' holders. However it did bring the endorsement of Stan Lee...​

I know that this is from the wrong series of Star Trek, but "Make it so".

5241676074_2238c3ffe5_b.jpg

Welcome home Howard.

A sign in Las Vegas in 1972 welcoming the city's most famous resident - Howard, home. President Hughes to the rest of the nation, Howard Robard Hughes had made Las Vegas the base of his operations after relinquishing the Presidency.

Prosecuted for malfeasance in public office related to the USAF acquisition of the Hughes B-51 Stratobomber, the former President served 14 days - two weeks - in United States Penitentiary Leavenworth.

Cured of the addiction to painkillers that had blighted his post Presidency (and, some biographers claim, his life since the 1940s) after his release Hughes quickly reorganised and returned to the leadership of Hughes Aerospace, playing a key role in its eventual development into American Aerospace, now Boeing-Hughes, alongside Vickers Supermarine one of the largest aerospace company in the world.

Last edited:
IMG_1823.JPG

Shadow Secretary of State for National Heritage, Sheffield MP Jarvis Cocker, speaks at a press conference during the 1996 General Election campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.