Tellurus: a worldbuilding project

What color scheme should Tellurus use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dpmvlXf.jpg

RspGbSk.jpg

A couple more I ran into that could add to this thread potentially.

Question for @Imperator Frank; when you designed Tellurus itself, did you already know where you wanted rivers and the like before you did the elevation map? Or did you decide where the rivers would go based on the elevation map? I ask because I want to redesign my own 'fantasy' Earth in a similar style.

Similar question regarding plate tectonics; did you do the mountains/elevated areas first, or the plates first?

Question for @Imperator Frank; when you designed Tellurus itself, did you already know where you wanted rivers and the like before you did the elevation map? Or did you decide where the rivers would go based on the elevation map? I ask because I want to redesign my own 'fantasy' Earth in a similar style.

Similar question regarding plate tectonics; did you do the mountains/elevated areas first, or the plates first?
Its kind of 50/50, sometimes i make valleys and sometimes i dont.

I pregenerated the continents, noticed they kind of already fit, and changed them smowly to fit better.

Progress is being made on more clearly showing continental drift, starting from the beginning. Here is Tellurus during the:

Tonian (850 mya)
tellurus tonian.png

Cryogenian (675 mya)
tellurus cryogenian.png

And the Ediacaran (600 mya)
tellurus ediacaran.png

Last edited:
For shits and giggles, here's physical map of Tellurus during the Cryogenian, showing why that period has it's name XD. Maybe there should be ice-free water at the equator?
snowball tellurus.png

Also, should there be climate maps for Aerehtyc, Thrax and Ardestria? Would be interesting to see how it would look. Although we do need the physical maps first to see how the continents and oceans (if any) effect it.