Witch0Winter's Artwork

Isaac Beach

Banned
Haven't people gotten kicked for Patreon shilling?

Only in the main map thread, as I understand it. It's fine to do it in one's personal thread or even in your signature, just not in a post in a main thread. (though I'd need to double check with a Mod to 100% certain)

Only in the main map thread, as I understand it. It's fine to do it in one's personal thread or even in your signature, just not in a post in a main thread. (though I'd need to double check with a Mod to 100% certain)
Nope you're not allowed to do it in your own threads either.
If someone reported this she'd get kicked (again I suppose?)
Though I think that the bulk of the alleged 'reports' are by the mods themselves as they see donations and commissions as the cancer of this board

Though I think that the bulk of the alleged 'reports' are by the mods themselves as they see donations and commissions as the cancer of this board
Or maybe if you actually read your own kick report, you'd know that the patreon wasn't what you got kicked, it was posting a thumbnail on the main thread, with the full version only being viewable to your donors, even after being explicitly asked not to do that.

Isaac Beach

Banned

Oh, my bad. Thanks for clarifying, if I ever do take commissions (which is unlikely given my low skill set) it's good to know.

Oh, my bad. Thanks for clarifying, if I ever do take commissions (which is unlikely given my low skill set) it's good to know.

It might be easy to hide your skills in someone else's map thread but you're not fooling me. I'd have commissioned some stuff from you a long time ago if rent was easier to come by.

Not to outshine ToxiStory. Her maps are also brilliant. As are the pixel artworks. It reminds me a lot of the gameplay of Megaman Battle Network back in the day. Pretty pro if you ask me.

Just want to say I greatly enjoy this thread. On top of the maps' content, which is always refreshingly varied and unique, they combine a vintage-esque look with a style that's still pleasingly modern and easily readable. To the extent that my own map-making has improved in the last year or two, it's in large part down to attempts to adapt and apply styles seen here.

Patreons are a thing that we do now?
It's a thing I do. I have people who choose to support me on Patreon which allows me to do all this stuff more often since I get paid and can deliver better content more often while not putting up a paywall for almost all my stuff or put it on a site with ads. :)