The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

So after three days I managed to do a patch for Antarctica, including mainland Ice Caps, some coastline fixes, extra islands and fixed ocean ice caps to their current extension.

Ant.png

So after three days I managed to do a patch for Antarctica, including mainland Ice Caps, some coastline fixes, extra islands and fixed ocean ice caps to their current extension.

ant-png.334128

Very nice, but it still has problems, namely the fact that the edges still don't match on either side of the map, eg;
upload_2017-5-24_1-13-3-png.324198

(uses the old map I know, but it illustrates my point)

Apart form that though, its still a good map (and saves me work on my ice sheet patches, so thanks for that).

Also, I'd use the unclaimed land green for the non glaciated bits.

Very nice, but it still has problems, namely the fact that the edges still don't match on either side of the map, eg;
upload_2017-5-24_1-13-3-png.324198

(uses the old map I know, but it illustrates my point)

Apart form that though, its still a good map (and saves me work on my ice sheet patches, so thanks for that).

Also, I'd use the unclaimed land green for the non glaciated bits.

Yeah, I noticed the fail in Antarctica, could you patch it for me if you don't have lots of work to do?

Anyhow, about the Green part, there are claims in Antarctica, which is pretty confusing given the term "Unclaimed". Anyhow I'll paint it green rn.

Anyhow, about the Green part, there are claims in Antarctica, which is pretty confusing given the term "Unclaimed". Anyhow I'll paint it green rn.
I tought Green represented areas without state (would it be early state on a chiefdom/formation/nation model)?

My understanding is that green is the default "no organised government beyond individual communities" colour. Antarctica's (and sometimes greenland's) white isn't so much a commentary on ownership as an artistic convention.

Yeah, I noticed the fail in Antarctica, could you patch it for me if you don't have lots of work to do?

I would, If I didn't have other stuff to do (hence the really late reply).

I always thought that the green was unadministered, not unclaimed, ie, a country could claim a load of desert/tundra/jungle ect but couldn't actually control it, as well as just showing the lack of any states in the area.

We already fixed Antartica in the M-BAM, so you can take a look from the latest release, and, maybe downscale

As a bit of a progress update, Chinese rivers are redrawn for every province except Yunnan, Tibet, Qinhai and Xinjiang.

Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand Years!
Best of luck with Yunnan, Tibet, Qinghai and Xinjiang.
Some of their areas hopefully won’t be too hard. Particularly if you decide not to show endorheic lakes, makes doing Xinjiang a whole lot easier. ;)
I don’t know if you like to work to music, but if you do hopefully this could be something. Anyways, this auspicious occasion calls for some good music :p
Spring on the Moonlit River 春江花月夜

Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand Years!
Best of luck with Yunnan, Tibet, Qinghai and Xinjiang.
Some of their areas hopefully won’t be too hard. Particularly if you decide not to show endorheic lakes, makes doing Xinjiang a whole lot easier. ;)
I don’t know if you like to work to music, but if you do hopefully this could be something. Anyways, this auspicious occasion calls for some good music :p
Spring on the Moonlit River 春江花月夜

I'm not adding any more lakes just for the moment.

That said, I'm working on historical coastlines of China, which are very annoying to have carthographical (usable at least) sources on, but easier to drawn than in Europe (The Dreaded Frisian Coast ™)
Which of course brings the topic of changing Chinese riverbeds.

That said, I'm working on historical coastlines of China, which are very annoying to have carthographical (usable at least) sources on, but easier to drawn than in Europe (The Dreaded Frisian Coast ™)
Which of course brings the topic of changing Chinese riverbeds.

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Just Xinjiang to do now.

Ah, sorry! Meant lakes. That should teach me not to write on coffee… Maybe I’ll just blame it on English being the world’s lingua franca or something like that…

@LSCatilina Well since half the rivers in Xinjiang are rather ephemeral...
Ah, but I also see that you’ve already chosen.

Anyways, since LSCatilina is doing historical Chinese coasts, would anyone be interested in… historical Southeast Asian coasts?
It’s not much, but could help if anyone’s interested in maps for the region for their TLs and whatnot. You might be surprised by how much the coastline has changed in some parts.
I’m also planning to make a map of the Japanese domains under Tokugawa. I’ve already got some nice and decent maps, but if anyone has something they think could help, I humbly ask if you could share, it would be much appreciated.

Ah, sorry! Meant lakes. That should teach me not to write on coffee… Maybe I’ll just blame it on English being the world’s lingua franca or something like that…

Ah, but I also see that you’ve already chosen.

Anyways, since LSCatilina is doing historical Chinese coasts, would anyone be interested in… historical Southeast Asian coasts?
It’s not much, but could help if anyone’s interested in maps for the region for their TLs and whatnot. You might be surprised by how much the coastline has changed in some parts.
I’m also planning to make a map of the Japanese domains under Tokugawa. I’ve already got some nice and decent maps, but if anyone has something they think could help, I humbly ask if you could share, it would be much appreciated.

Historic coastal patches are always appreciated.

4b5.jpg

As for South-East Asian coast, I did some modification for India and Mesopotamia-Arabia, and of course with @Alex Richards, in Western and North-Eastern Europe, but I don't think I've anything on Japan.