President Forever and other 270soft games Megathread

Hi all,

PMI-UK North Ireland scenario. Sinn Fein domination at its finest. Would really send a message to 10 Downing Street huh.

Adams2015NI_2.PNG

gnhKQFU.png

Gvg75es.png

The United States presidential election of 2016 was the 58th quadrennial American presidential election, held on Tuesday, November 8, 2016. The Republican ticket of Kentucky Senator Rand Paul and Ohio Governor John Kasich defeated the Democratic ticket of Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders and Hawaii Representative Tulsi Gabbard and the Independent ticket of former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and former Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel. Paul took office as the 45th President, and Kasich as the 48th Vice President, on January 20, 2017. Concurrent with the presidential election, Senate, House, and many gubernatorial and state and local elections were also held on November 8.

Voters selected members of the Electoral College in each state, in most cases by "winner-takes-all" plurality; those state electors in turn voted for a new president and vice president on December 19, 2016. Paul won 31 states worth a total of 289 electors, or 54% of the 538 available. He won three perennial swing states of Florida, Ohio, and Iowa as well as two "blue wall" stronghold states of Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, which had not been won by a Republican presidential candidate in decades.

This was the first time since the 1984 re-election of Ronald Reagan that Wisconsin voted for a Republican, and the first time since 1988 that the Republican nominee won Pennsylvania. Michael Bloomberg was the first Independent to win more votes than Ross Perot in 1992. No candidate received more than 40% of the vote.

I have a question for those competent with the President Infinity campaign editor.
If I were to add a new party, how would I handle their base support in each state? It looks like it should be simple, but I can't quite figure it out.

I have a question for those competent with the President Infinity campaign editor.
If I were to add a new party, how would I handle their base support in each state? It looks like it should be simple, but I can't quite figure it out.
If you go to "Regions" and then pick any State, the "Parties" tab should unlock which will open up into the percentages for the Party and the Candidate(s) in that State. You can then also pick any of the other States from up on the top of the page without having to back out every time you want to switch to another one.

If you go to "Regions" and then pick any State, the "Parties" tab should unlock which will open up into the percentages for the Party and the Candidate(s) in that State. You can then also pick any of the other States from up on the top of the page without having to back out every time you want to switch to another one.

I see. I'd figured as much. However, how do I handle what percentages to add? Do the totals for all parties in a region need to add up to 100?

I see. I'd figured as much. However, how do I handle what percentages to add? Do the totals for all parties in a region need to add up to 100?
No they don't, if for some reason they are over or under a hundred then the system will round them to a hundred.

The problem though is that currently that also inflates the vote (at least in the case of General Election percentages) or deflates the vote depending on what the total is as well. I honestly don't know why they haven't fixed that, but again that only effects the Party percentages, not the Candidate percentages.

No they don't, if for some reason they are over or under a hundred then the system will round them to a hundred.

The problem though is that currently that also inflates the vote (at least in the case of General Election percentages) or deflates the vote depending on what the total is as well. I honestly don't know why they haven't fixed that, but again that only effects the Party percentages, not the Candidate percentages.

I see.

Does anyone know a good resource to use for changing the dimensions of an image? PI requires candidate portraits to be in BMP file format and be 75 x 87 in size. I can handle the former requirement, but I'm not sure how to meet the latter.