Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
f3c.gif
24718070.jpg

VT45

Banned
Red is Sanders, gold is Clinton, grey is tied, dark blue is Kasich, teal is Cruz, blue-grey is Rubio, and purple is Trump.

What the elections in the alternate timeline of Stephan King's 11/22/63 might have looked like, based on what little information the book gives. The book is good, the timeline's a little more than slightly ASB however.

First 1964 with a very alive JFK vs Barry Goldwater.

Screenshot 2017-07-20 08.58.31.png

Then 1968, where George Wallace takes advantage of racial tension and a deteriorating situation in Vietnam to win on a third party ticket.

Screenshot 2017-07-20 08.58.44.png

In early 1972, President Wallace is assassinated, Vice-President Curtis LeMay takes control, but fails to be elected.

Screenshot 2017-07-20 08.59.02.png

Humphrey, however, suffers a worse fate in 1976.

Screenshot 2017-07-20 08.59.24.png

This looks very random... what's the reason why each candidate wins where they do? Is it based off primary results?
Looks like it. Of course, if we really had a French-style election, I doubt the rules would have stuff like "Coloradans aren't allowed to vote for Republicans" or "Lots of Republicans are running for election in New Hampshire but not in Maine".

This looks very random... what's the reason why each candidate wins where they do? Is it based off primary results?

At a guess, it's 'the 2016 election by county, with each republican county going to who won the Republican Primary and ditto for the Democrats'.

EDIT: Though that makes Las Vegas county wrong, so is something else going on?

VT45

Banned
Looks like it. Of course, if we really had a French-style election, I doubt the rules would have stuff like "Coloradans aren't allowed to vote for Republicans" or "Lots of Republicans are running for election in New Hampshire but not in Maine".

Of course. But it still shows the spoiler effect in full force, which tends to happen in any free for all election.

At a guess, it's 'the 2016 election by county, with each republican county going to who won the Republican Primary and ditto for the Democrats'.

EDIT: Though that makes Las Vegas county wrong, so is something else going on?
I think it's "whoever got the most votes in X county, no matter the party".

VT45

Banned
Hey, I just noticed that you're back! :D

Any plans to do more of those Commonwealth of New England things? I really liked those.

Yes, as a matter of fact there's more of that on the way! In fact, I posted some maps like that back a week or two ago.

If the US used the same two round system in electing the president as France.
This reminds me of something I did a while ago where I made a map based off what party got more votes in their primary/caucus (in states that used one of either for each party, I compared delegate numbers instead)
sxmEPtF.png

291 EVs for Trump vs. 247 for Clinton.

This map ended up being really weird, with Hillary somehow managing to win Louisiana, Kentucky, and West Virginia while at the same time Trump wins Nevada, New Hampshire, and Maine.

Status
Not open for further replies.