I suspect things aren't going to go well for Belalcazar. The prospects for setting himself up as a semi-independent little warlord aren't promising.

All the while the situation was shifting outside of his control, not just in San Miguel but also in Klein-Venedig.

Pack your bags, folks: looks like we'll be taking a little trip to Europe.

Not Venezuela?

full

So Atahualpa continued raising his sons and pursuing modernization. All the while the situation was shifting outside of his control, not just in San Miguel but also in Klein-Venedig.

So without Carvajal, it's going to be interesting in who Spain sends to deal with the Wesler Family regime of the Venezuela.

Though I am curious if Nueva Granad will expand to encompass the Guyana's this time around.

Just finished reading through this timeline and I really enjoyed it. Great to see such a period covered in such detail and the effects it can have. Looking forward to seeing more.

An excellent line! I like careful attitude to detail, it gives a sense of believability. I have long been interested in the Inca civilization and consider it to be one of the greatest worldwide.

Two points

1. Quipu is an excellent system for the collection and rapid transfer of statistical information. This is especially important in epidemics. The Incas would probably quickly learn to identify the symptoms of the disease, the incubation period, detect the most dangerous areas and dynamically introduce quarantines, opening or closing the corresponding roads. Even chaskis (messengers), in order not to become infected, could transfer quipu each other without coming into direct contact, but, for example, tying to a stone and throwing it at a distance. I believe that such steps, thanks to the high degree of obedience and organization of the population, would be extremely effective.

2. There are vague indications that some patterns, called tokapu, might be ideographic writing, in themselves or in combination with a quipu. The chroniclers have references to the fact that chronicles were recorded in Incan temples with help of patterns embroidered on the fabric.

3. And, of course, Incas in TTL might upgrade quipu system by using horses on some critical areas suitable to riding.

If that is the case, then explain why did the french set up forts and eventual settlements throughout the area in OTL?
As B_Munro said, they were extremely light on the ground, and only after several large plagues. A great book on this is "1493" by Charles C Mann, it explains it really well.

3. And, of course, Incas in TTL might upgrade quipu system by using horses on some critical areas suitable to riding.

Well, I assume that the Incan road system is fairly top notch for one of the foremost Native American empires. If Tawantinsuyu does adopt horseback travel, I'm sure it would make things a little easier for bureaucratic work...

...But wait, not to sound like an ignorant ass, but what about the llama?

Well, I assume that the Incan road system is fairly top notch for one of the foremost Native American empires. If Tawantinsuyu does adopt horseback travel, I'm sure it would make things a little easier for bureaucratic work...
Incas quipu system was a good prefiguration of modern ERP/GRP systems, "nervous system" of the enterprise or even whole state. In economic cybernetics, it is proved that the effectiveness of management critically depends on the speed of the signal passing through the "nerves". Acceleration of information transfer even in 1.5-2 times can give an exponential effect.

...But wait, not to sound like an ignorant ass, but what about the llama?
Caravans of llamas move everywhere in the Andes for centuries and just now. I see no difference between OTL and TTL here. Сontroversy "caravan of llamas vs. riding chaski" on my taste may be compared with discussion "truck vs. motorcycle". However, perhaps I don't quite understand your idea, English is not my native language.

Caravans of llamas move everywhere in the Andes for centuries and just now. I see no difference between OTL and TTL here. Сontroversy "caravan of llamas vs. riding chaski" on my taste may be compared with discussion "truck vs. motorcycle". However, perhaps I don't quite understand your idea, English is not my native language.

What I was getting at was, can the llama carry as much as a horse could for goods, or for people. I'm assuming the horses would be faster overall though, even though they may be ill-suited for mountaintop movement.

What I was getting at was, can the llama carry as much as a horse could for goods, or for people. I'm assuming the horses would be faster overall though, even though they may be ill-suited for mountaintop movement.

I think that donkeys and Mules will eventually be preferred over Llamas and horses by there ability to carry and pull more thank any llama.

I think that donkeys and Mules will eventually be preferred over Llamas and horses by there ability to carry and pull more thank any llama.
No doubt. Also mongolian two-humped camels and tibetan yaks can be introduced with many advantages, but, of course, significantly later.

Dear friends,

As you know, the Incas had an extremely rich musical culture, many important aspects of which have survived to this day almost unperverted. If the respected participants in the discussion do not mind, I could give a small list of groups and albums of traditional Andean music, which, in my taste, better express the spirit of Tawantinsuyu and inspire creativity in this vein. Of course, only if you consider this acceptable, I would not make someone to feel enforced.

Dear friends,

As you know, the Incas had an extremely rich musical culture, many important aspects of which have survived to this day almost unperverted. If the respected participants in the discussion do not mind, I could give a small list of groups and albums of traditional Andean music, which, in my taste, better express the spirit of Tawantinsuyu and inspire creativity in this vein. Of course, only if you consider this acceptable, I would not make someone to feel enforced.
I'm interested.:D