President Forever and other 270soft games Megathread

I would say that while the PMI-Canada scenarios are quite fun and enjoyable, it runs like what PMI-UK (iirc) used to with CPs able to spin news stories and things like that. I also personally find the PMI-Canada engine to be frustrating due to having experienced multiple crashes from it. HOWEVER, you are able to use PMI-Canada's scenarios on PMI-UK (as they are compatible) which runs much much better imo due to the updates it receives. That way you can play the Canadian scenarios as if they were British ones!

Thanks, I will definitely purchase it. PMI-UK has been very enjoyable for me. I've been thinking about tinkering around with the campaign editor in it, honestly I think it is somewhat underrated. I mean obviously President Infinity is going to get a bit more attention as it caters to the larger populace in the States, but still PMI-UK is an excellent buy aswell. I live in the Bahamas, so I am somewhat familiar with the Westminster style of elections.

Hi all,

Here is a playthrough on President Infinity I just completed, playing as Obama vs. Romney. I managed to increase on the 2008 victory by taking Missouri, Arizona, and Georgia and managed to hold Indiana and North Carolina as in 08. I made Montana a close race, but still Romney prevailed there.

Obama2012.PNG

Hi all,

Another playthrough of PMI-UK from me, this time using the scenario localized for North Ireland. I played as Sinn Fein, I failed to secure a majority of 10 seats, but came very close to doing so. Due to my attacks on the DUP, the UUP managed to make some gains. Fermanagh and South Tyrone was a very close seat which I was expecting to win to boost my seat count to 9, but I still would have been one seat short of a majority. Still made a good run though.

Adams2015NI.PNG

Hi all,

I finally updated PMI-UK and played as Corbyn in the 2017 snap-election. I spent a ton of money on ads, as anyone who has played in Labour in the unmodified scenario knows Labour starts at a significant disadvantage. I guess it mirrored the polls before the election which predicted a massive Tory victory. Anyways, Scotland went Labour thanks to my vicious attacks against the SNP, I knew that I couldn't win without Scotland. I also targeted Outer London and swung it Labour aswell. Needless to say even with heavy fundraising, I still spent a ton of money to achieve this result.

Corbyn2017.PNG

rudy.PNG

I did a 2008 observer campaign as Nader. It was Rudy Giulliani/Bobby Jindal vs Al Gore/John Edwards. (I just picked random candidates for both parties)

And so the nation burned...

Capture.JPG

This scenario appears to heavily favor Democrats compared to OTL '72 though, McGovern won while I was observing.

Last edited:
IMG_5771.jpg

Played a game of PMI recently. I was barely able to win a majority in the end. The Conservatives lost 102 seats due to a bad campaign. The Liberal Democrats had a good night and the SNP only lost 2 seats.

Hi all,

Been a while since I last visited this thread. Came back to the 2012 Presidential Election scenario again, this time as Romney. This is what I call the New England political realignment, I played on the hardest difficulty and still managed to swing Massachusetts Republican. Quite a good game I say.

Romney2012_2.PNG

Untitled.png

My first serious attempt at the game, using a clearly ASB but nonetheless mechanically interesting scenario. Cutting off half the country really hurts. I was playing Kennedy and, as you can see, I got completely smashed here.

VqkZOJk.png

Played as Huntsman in 2012 and narrowly won the electoral vote somehow.

bB3y9nx.png

Good game as UKIP in 2015. Would probably result in Labour-SNP coalition, but at least I put UKIP on the map.