Alternate Planets, Suns, Stars, and Solar Systems Thread

Since I have kind of reached a dead end with this for various reasons, this is the final version before i maybe try and redo this whole thing.
juPqxFv.png

Been working on a new little planet for a semi-fantasy setting. In common with most of the planets I create its a predominantly icy world, the exceptions being the eastern basins and that weird area in the bottom left which are both significantly below datum and thus rare oasis of rich air. I am calling it Hell at the moment but that probably isn't the most realistic colony name ...
Hell Worlda.png

Last edited:
Here is life around a neutron, i know it's short, sorry.

Life Round a neutron
(P.S. No matter how unlikely this would be in real-life remember this is alternate)

A Neutron star about 2.5x the size of earth. Is located in a constellation “Stellon”. Stellon consists 8 stars. The Neutron has 4 planets, 1 is a tiny gas giant all orbiting under 1 AU. It has an unusually large habitable zone of 0.2 - 0.6 AU. it’s mass is only 1.24x the mass of our sun. It is Located 145 light years from earth.

1, Iestugantu
Lestugantu is a rocky world, It is 0.7x the size of earth and gravity is 83%. It orbits every 0.22 AU. It has a small atmosphere and weak magnetosphere. Life has came and went, Finally life on this planet finally made it to the mammal stage. Water covers 72% of the surface. Since it’s near the “too hot” part of the habitable zone, most of the Life is concentrated near the poles, Mostly the North. But Lots of Complex bacteria thrive near the Empty equcator. As it’s day is ¼ of it’s year. It’s tilt is low, At 8.2 degrees.

2, Caglosie
Caglosie is the most habitable, It’s temperature is fine, At 5C - 17C. Water covers 69% of the surface. It is covered mostly in rich deserts, Forests, and Jungle. Rotation is 24.5 hours. Axial tilt is 22 degrees.

3, Qaoturn
The Cold planet. Temperature is around -10 fahrenheit. Most life is microbes which are located in the equator.
Rotation is 22 hours. Axial tilt is 6 degrees.

4, Droezuno
Dorezuno orbits the neutron star at 0.39 AU. It is a tiny gas giant, Half the size of Neptune and mass.
1 large Moon and 2 medium sized moons orbit the planet.

Ranudisa -
Ranudisa is the closest moon of Dorezuno. It is about the size of Europa, It’s also europa like.
Small ocean creatures thrive too. Most of this world is ocean. land makes up 5% of the planet.

Prisid -
Prisid is the size of Ganymede, Mostly forest which allows most mammals to grow in these and small savannahs. Oceans are relatively big as they make up 83% of the land. which allow large ocean creatures to develop.

Tuntaie -
Tuntaie is the size of Triton, It’s a frozenworld. Most life is near the warmest regions of the equator.
Little is known about this world except that It used to be a dwarf planet orbiting the Neutron and was captured by Droezuno's gravity.

Last edited:
Here is life around a neutron, i know it's short, sorry.

Life Round a neutron
(P.S. No matter how unlikely this would be in real-life remember this is alternate)

A Neutron star about 2.5x the size of earth. Is located in a constellation “Stellon”. Stellon consists 8 stars. The Neutron has 4 planets, 1 is a tiny gas giant all orbiting under 1 AU. It has an unusually large habitable zone of 0.2 - 0.6 AU. it’s mass is only 1.24x the mass of our sun. It is Located 145 light years from earth.

1, Iestugantu
Lestugantu is a rocky world, It is 0.7x the size of earth and gravity is 83%. It orbits every 0.22 AU. It has a small atmosphere and weak magnetosphere. Life has came and went, Finally life on this planet finally made it to the mammal stage. Water covers 72% of the surface. Since it’s near the “too hot” part of the habitable zone, most of the Life is concentrated near the poles, Mostly the North. But Lots of Complex bacteria thrive near the Empty equcator. As it’s day is ¼ of it’s year. It’s tilt is low, At 8.2 degrees.

2, Caglosie
Caglosie is the most habitable, It’s temperature is fine, At 5C - 17C. Water covers 69% of the surface. It is covered mostly in rich deserts, Forests, and Jungle. Rotation is 24.5 hours. Axial tilt is 22 degrees.

3, Qaoturn
The Cold planet. Temperature is around -10 fahrenheit. Most life is microbes which are located in the equator.
Rotation is 22 hours. Axial tilt is 6 degrees.

4, Droezuno
Dorezuno orbits the neutron star at 0.39 AU. It is a tiny gas giant, Half the size of Neptune and mass.
1 large Moon and 2 medium sized moons orbit the planet.

Ranudisa -
Ranudisa is the closest moon of Dorezuno. It is about the size of Europa, It’s also europa like.
Small ocean creatures thrive too. Most of this world is ocean. land makes up 5% of the planet.

Prisid -
Prisid is the size of Ganymede, Mostly forest which allows most mammals to grow in these and small savannahs. Oceans are relatively big as they make up 83% of the land. which allow large ocean creatures to develop.

Tuntaie -
Tuntaie is the size of Triton, It’s a frozenworld. Most life is near the warmest regions of the equator.
Little is known about this world except that It used to be a dwarf planet orbiting the Neutron and was captured by Droezuno's gravity.
That's a fucking giant Neutron Star.

Not to steal @CannedTech's thunder, but I decided to make revamped Ganymede and Callisto maps that were also based on @Serafim's maps (and sorta fit @ThePoliteCannibal's style). They're still kind of a rough draft, but here you go (Ganymede and Callisto, in that order):
ganymede.png
callisto.png
I also made a terraformed Ceres based on the size shown on @ThePoliteCannibal's map and a draft made by @Golbolco on this thread:
ceres.png

EDIT: Oh flip, I might have switched Ganymede and Callisto. Time to alter the maps...

EDIT xII:
ganymede2.png
callisto2.png

EDIT xIII:
I'm not even sure which way is sea or land. Here are the inverted versions. Which one is correct?!?
ganymede3.png
callisto3.png

Last edited:

CannedTech

Banned
Man I wish I could double-like that, I do this stuff so sluggishly I woulda taken another month on Ganymede alone. Thanks a whole load!

Welp, I made the neutron WAY too big. I really oversestimated the size. It should be around the size of Luna.
Anyways i also made a short Alternate solar system.

Short Alternate Solar system.

Sun - Sun is a bit dimmer, Resulting in a slightly longer lifespan. Only about 95% as large and 90% as bright.

Mercury - Mercury now is tidally locked to the sun. As it orbits every 53 days. It has a slightly larger atmosphere slowly being stripped by the sun.

Venus - Venus is slightly smaller than OTL. So 20% of it atmosphere is lost. It’s rotation is now 1.6 days. It’s albedo is slightly larger, making it bright in the night sky.

Terra - Earth (now terra) is 2 days closer to the sun. Terra’s gravity is 3.5% weaker than OTL Earth. The Moon orbits every 13 days. It’s day is 5 Minutes longer. Also, Its axial tilt is 26.5 Degrees. Resulting in more places having Midnight sun and Polar night.

Ares - Mars is now a habitable world with a atmosphere that of Terra. Mars’ moons are way bigger as Phobos is now 2340 miles and Deimos is 1940 miles in radius. They also both orbit 3x farrer out.

Europa - Europa is now a small body quietly orbiting in the Asteroid belt. Resulting in many asteroid disappearing since It’s now the size of Callisto and 2.5% more massive than Callisto. 2 moons orbit Europa. Which are 1160 and 1450 miles wide. Also Europa and it’s moons have atmospheres similar to earth, Resulting in small oceans of water on their surfaces. Which small pockets of life grow and thrive in.

Jupiter - Nothing much happens to Jupiter except it’s mass is 2.5x as massive. Io’s volcanism is slightly lower. Ganymede is now 2.5x larger than Luna. Life exists near the equator. Callisto orbits slightly more closer.

Saturn - Nothing happens to saturn but Titan is changed. A slightly larger atmosphere + tidal heating from Saturn Provides life forming Temperatures.

Uranus - Uranus is slightly more massive. And is larger. Titania is also large as Titan. (which is ironic since both their name have “Titan” in it)

Neptune - Neptune is less massive than OTL. Resulting in some captured asteroids becoming Trojans. Neptune now also has 3 major moons which are 3045, 2654, 4369 miles in radius.

Triton - Triton is also a small body orbiting between Neptune and Uranus. It’s mass and Size and 5 and 10% larger. Triton doesn’t have a moon but instead has rings visible from anywhere on the surface.

Pluto & Charon - Pluto is now massive and large enough to be considered a planet. Same as Charon. Which formed a binary system. Pluto is the mass of Mercury with Charon being 5% less massive than Mercury.

Meganesia has been elevated 126 meters, preventing inundation of the Sahul Shelf during the Holocene and allowing a millet based neolithic revolution 10000YA and the development of agrarian societies in lowlands between what are now New Guinea and Australia 3500YA.

map.png

solarsystem.png
This seems like an appropriate place to post this. The newest version of my solar system. I'll be updating the one on my thread as well as not to spam it.

This is my first time trying to do one of these, so tell me what to change/how to improve.

PHLOGIS
Type: Lava Terrestrial Planet
Origin Word: Ancient Greek word "phlegein" meaning "to burn"
Year length: 36 Days
Day length: 72 Days
Temperature: 1880F(1300K)-4400(2700K)
Distance from sun: 0.15 AU (14 million miles)
Diameter: 3,344kilometers (2,078 miles)
Surface area: 351 million square kilometers (136 million square kilometers)
Volume:19.6 billion cubic kilometers (4.7 billion cubic miles)
Mass:1.0584x10^17 kilograms (1.0584x10^14 tons)
Density: 5.4 g/cm^3
Moons: 0
Composition 70% metals, 29.9% silicates, 0.1% other(including water)
Axial tilt: 0.001°
Hydrosphere: ice 0%, water 0%, water vapor 100%
Atmosphere: Rock vapor and negligible amounts of other elements (water, carbon dioxide, hydrogen)
Odds of life: Impossible

Phlogis is the smallest single and innermost planet in the Tellurus System. It's orbital period of 36 days is the shortest in the solar system. It is named after an element hypothesized to be the source of combustion.
Like Semreh and Aerethyc, Phlogis is an inferior planet only visible from it during mornings and evenings, but it is far too close to the sun to be visible easily from Tellurus without powerful telescopes. The planet was not discovered until (equivalent of Earth year1859).
The planet is nearly completely molten as a result of tidal force and proximity to the sun, and is locked in a resonance with it, leading to every Phlogistan year being exactly half the day's length.
The side of the planet facing away from the sun manages to stay molten by the intense radiation of the sun ad heat through the planet itself. The planet is has a thin layer of solid rock at both poles acting as "icebergs" in the lava seas, drifting towards the equator and melting in the sun's heat.
The planet can become Cthonian during periods of intense solar activitiy, with it's outer layers being blasted away into space. The planet may once have been a size similar to Semreh, but billions of years of solar erosion have shrunk the world.
Phlogis.png

Last edited:
This is my first time trying to do one of these, so tell me what to change/how to improve.

PHLOGIS
Type: Lava Terrestrial Planet
Origin Word: Ancient Greek word "phlegein" meaning "to burn"
Year length: 36 Days
Day length: 72 Days
Temperature: 1880F(1300K)-4400(2700K)
Distance from sun: 0.15 AU (14 million miles)
Diameter: 3,344kilometers (2,078 miles)
Surface area: 351 million square kilometers (136 million square kilometers)
Volume:19.6 billion cubic kilometers (4.7 billion cubic miles)
Mass:1.0584x10^17 kilograms (1.0584x10^14 tons)
Density: 5.4 g/cm^3
Moons: 0
Composition 70% metals, 29.9% silicates, 0.1% other(including water)
Axial tilt: 0.001°
Hydrosphere: ice 99%, water 0%, water vapor 1%
Atmosphere: Rock vapor and negligible amounts of other elements (water, carbon dioxide, hydrogen)
Odds of life: Impossible

Phlogis is the smallest single and innermost planet in the Tellurus System. It's orbital period of 36 days is the shortest in the solar system. It is named after an element hypothesized to be the source of combustion.
Like Semreh and Aerethyc, Phlogis is an inferior planet only visible from it during mornings and evenings, but it is far too close to the sun to be visible easily from Tellurus without powerful telescopes. The planet was not discovered until (equivalent of Earth year1859).
The planet is nearly completely molten as a result of tidal force and proximity to the sun, and is locked in a resonance with it, leading to every Phlogistan year being exactly half the day's length.
The side of the planet facing away from the sun manages to stay molten by the intense radiation of the sun ad heat through the planet itself. The planet is has a thin layer of solid rock at both poles acting as "icebergs" in the lava seas, drifting towards the equator and melting in the sun's heat.
The planet can become Cthonian during periods of intense solar activitiy, with it's outer layers being blasted away into space. The planet may once have been a size similar to Semreh, but billions of years of solar erosion have shrunk the world.
View attachment 336403

I already like it! Cool idea! However, I am not knowledgeable about planets, so I can't judge on possibiities here. I really like it!