Status
Not open for further replies.
So I need some advice. Do you guys like these flags? Do you think they'd look better with some changes? (Is the face in the Sun of May too much?) Which one do you prefer?

Q6xhE3a.png

gBXpHIF.png

j8OlM1Y.png

Hi!!! I think the second flag is the better; however, I belive it's better if you change the dark blue by a light blue (like Argentinian flag)... even, use the Argentinian May's Sun (or the Uruguayan if you prefere it)
A few year ago, I made this flag (but never publishing it):
bandera_argentina_alternativa___cruz_de_borgoa_by_cdmonte-dbg7xay.jpg

Top one is my favourite

I'm leaning towards the top one myself too.

I like them all equally. The only isdue I have with them is that the yellow of the sun doesnt match the yellow of the background and that blue right next to red doesn't tend to look good.

Have you tried having a red cross of Burgundy with a thin yellow/white border on a blue shield?

Do you mean something like this?

8S92iKQ.png

Hi!!! I think the second flag is the better; however, I belive it's better if you change the dark blue by a light blue (like Argentinian flag)... even, use the Argentinian May's Sun (or the Uruguayan if you prefere it)
A few year ago, I made this flag (but never publishing it):

Hey, that's a great flag! And I'm glad somebody thought of the same idea.

I was gonna use the Argentinian sun but I really wanted the star to have 44 points because of the number of states the country has in my idea.

It does look pretty good with the light blue, too.

the_flag_of_the_mondreich_by_gottfreyundroy-dbg913s.png

Flag of the Mondreich

"Deutschland, Uber Alles!

Driven from Mother Europa by the Perfidious Americans and the Barbaric Bolsheviks, once more the German Volk shall descend and reclaim our birthright! From our glorious redoubt upon the moon, what is surely the closest thing to Valhalla we will know in this life, we shall return! And, from Agartha to the Mountains of Madness, we shall conquer!"

-Speech given by the Mondreichkommisar Hans Albrecht Gottlieb in the city of Germania following the awakening of the Mondreich from their ten-million year cryoslumber.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flag of the Mondreich (Officially "Imperial Commissariat of the Moon", "Reichmondkommisariat") for 10 Million Years AD

Flag of the Mondreich

"Deutschland, Uber Alles!

Driven from Mother Europa by the Perfidious Americans and the Barbaric Bolsheviks, once more the German Volk shall descend and reclaim our birthright! From our glorious redoubt upon the moon, what is surely the closest thing to Valhalla we will know in this life, we shall return! And, from Agartha to the Mountains of Madness, we shall conquer!"

-Speech given by the Mondreichkommisar Hans Albrecht Gottlieb in the city of Germania following the awakening of the Mondreich from their ten-million year cryoslumber.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flag of the Mondreich (Officially "Imperial Commissariat of the Moon", "Reichmondkommisariat") for 10 Million Years AD

I suspect that by 10 MY AD humanity will either (a) be extinct or (b) be so advanced that they will laugh momentarily before crushing the Mondreich.

I suspect that by 10 MY AD humanity will either (a) be extinct or (b) be so advanced that they will laugh momentarily before crushing the Mondreich.
Not exactly: it was more of a Dr. Strangelove type situation. The Cold War (or hot-war) got too hot, and the top men of SCIENCE predicted the earth would be rendered uninhabitable for the next 10 million years. A mutual agreement was arrived at, and all powers froze their populations out on their space bases, unfreezing themselves when the clock struck ten million years, AD.

You can read about it here, in my sexy timeline, TEN MILLION YEARS AD: A STERN WARNING ON THINGS TO COME

Hello! I made a flag for my home city of Wilmington, DE. Now, Wilmington already had a flag but I think this one looks a bit better. Here it is...
wilmington flag.png

OFFICIAL MEANING:
The blue lines that divide the flag into three parts represent the geographical location of Wilmington, the middle one being the Delaware river, the top left being the Brandywine, and the bottom left being the Christiana river. The bottom part of the flag is a stylized version of the marine signaling flag for the letter "w." The top part is a reference to Sweden, who first founded the city, as well as a reference to the city coat of arms, and it's also a callback to the actual flag. The left part of the flag is white, which symbolizes peace and the will of the city to move forward.

View attachment 333689

Here's a christian Iran/Persia. The letters are a persian translation of the greek lettering that tends to be inside fish symbol.
Since I can't read the script I have some questions:

Is the text inside the fish
A) a simple transcription of the individual latters "Ι", "Χ", "Θ", "Υ" and "Σ"
B) a Persian translation of the word "fish"/"ιχθυσ"
C) a shortening of the Persian translation of the phrase "Jesus Christus son of God, saviour
?

C) a shortening of the Persian translation of the phrase "Jesus Christus son of God, saviour
?

I just put the the letters into google translate, there wasnt a space between them so turns out it just translated fish. It doesnt quite work with spaces between them.

?

Iv changed it to the full quote. Hopefully this gets message across better.

christian persia.jpg

I think ultimately (as with most puns) it just doesn't work in any language other than Greek, which presumably would be why it was never translated in the West.

Can someone please make some cool Christian Middle Eastern themed flags please? Need some for my new Conworld.

I posted this earlier, but I can't find my post, so I'll post it again. And I hope North Africa counts.

It's the flag of a Christian North African nation consisting of roughly Algeria (except the westernmost part), Tunisia, and Libya. The central symbol is an ancient Carthaginian symbol, and I forgot why I chose green, white, and purple as the colours.

OrrvZcP.png

I think ultimately (as with most puns) it just doesn't work in any language other than Greek, which presumably would be why it was never translated in the West.

If you transliterate the Greek word directly into Arabic script, you get يقثوس; funnily enough, google tells me it approximately translates to "voyeurism." يكثس or يقثس might work better, though the latter apparently means "he dances," so the former is probably the best way to write it.

Last edited:
My first foray into flag design. A proposed flag for a Republic of Carfane, used by Patriots Brigade aligned militia units and protestors. From Broken Lance.
Carfani Flag.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.