Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
BANDWAGON INTENSIFIES

upload_2017-5-19_23-8-49.png

The world roughly 200 years after an ASB transports all Oriental Orthodox Christians to a virgin Earth (or, at this point, with so many ISOT's, a lightly used Earth :p ). Ethiopia is the reigning superpower, but is at odds with it's rival Eritrea. There just aren't enough Copts compared to Ethiopians to really make Egypt a superpower, but it is slowly getting there.

However, across the sea, the Mayan Syriac Christians have constructed a sprawling empire across Latin America. And, as lots of expansion opportunities are already taken by more abrasive tribelets, some more adventurous folks look across the sea, to lands now only spoke of in legends. And soon, the West will make known that they still exist, and they have a voice.

Great Map USA 2.png

I decided to try drawing the state borders of a US that includes Canada, using Q-BAM as a base. Then, I thought it would be interesting to see what the House would look like. So I calculated the population of each state, divided the total by the population of the smallest state (I'm using the Wyoming rule here), and got... 768 seats.

Part of me wants to draw all 768 congressional districts on that map. Part of me really, really does not.

I decided to try drawing the state borders of a US that includes Canada, using Q-BAM as a base. Then, I thought it would be interesting to see what the House would look like. So I calculated the population of each state, divided the total by the population of the smallest state (I'm using the Wyoming rule here), and got... 768 seats.

Part of me wants to draw all 768 congressional districts on that map. Part of me really, really does not.
Oh god please do it, it'd be amazing <3

INVADERS FROM OUR SOLAR SYSTEM.png

And here be the infographic map of INVADERS FROM OUR SOLAR SYSTEM. Has most information about the world in the areas.

Edit: I just noticed there are two spelling errors in it, sorry bout that

Last edited:
I feel bad for france
x2xxWsa.png
Yes, they probably would have felt a little better if Switerland, Belgium, Luxembourg, the Channel Islands, and New Mexico came along. Though perhaps they wouldn't care too much on the last. Odd how the many North Africans (couple million) in France didn't either set up their own homeland states or just help expand the French claims in Algeria. And the Vatican (I imagine Italian and Latin count as Romance) not getting the Holy Land themselves? Tsk tsk. Actually, do you have the Vatican and it just isn't shown here? I wonder how future elections of cardinals will go.

Is the northern Pacific Rim so red because of the Fukushima event?
No, a different, and more supernatural, event which occurred during the closing months of WWII.

View attachment 323543

Rupert's Land is a gigantic state....

alternate_history_map___dana_by_banananaise-db9t7c3.png

An educational map of Dana, a Celtic Danubian empire in this timeline's Renaissance period. The realm is increasingly centralised, as the traditional governments of the 'tribes' find themselves less powerful compared to the high court in Evisca. The High King's traditional rivals, both domestic (e.g. the Upper Danubian mayoralties, the Transylvanian princes) and foreign (e.g. Silla, Sacheny, Lyria, the Sarmatians) are less powerful than ever. No one is seriously predicting the decline of the realm any time soon, but then again, no one seriously predicted the recent discovery of the Far Western Empires, either...
The concept for this region is a succession of overlapping Celtic, Latin and Greek micro-empires. I had an idea that, after collapsing during the Social War, the Latins export a warrior aristocratic structure across many Mediterranean mini-kingdoms, while the Arverni form the nucleus of a pan-Gaulish federation (and eventually a Europe-spanning empire). A semi-monotheistic religion, Columbanism, develops from the Roman cult of Venus, which somehow spreads across the Mediterranean to become the 'native' religion of the Italics, Greeks, Punics and Celts. The Arverni fall, and a couple of empires later, we have Dana, an empire based on the Celtic peoples of Pannonia and the Upper Danube, ruling over Germanic, Dacian and other minorities in OTL Bohemia, Transylvania, and the Balkans. Europe's modern landscape is a messy gradient from Celtic-ish to Latin-ish to Greek-ish, with a whole lot of ancient ethnic groups surviving in some form.

Naming alternate cities quickly turns from fun to tedious, to be honest. The map started out as a little practice based on the shape of the Danube basin, but it's probably my most advanced map so far. Any suggestions or critiques?

Yes, they probably would have felt a little better if Switerland, Belgium, Luxembourg, the Channel Islands, and New Mexico came along. Though perhaps they wouldn't care too much on the last. Odd how the many North Africans (couple million) in France didn't either set up their own homeland states or just help expand the French claims in Algeria. And the Vatican (I imagine Italian and Latin count as Romance) not getting the Holy Land themselves? Tsk tsk. Actually, do you have the Vatican and it just isn't shown here? I wonder how future elections of cardinals will go.

Switzerland was in the Germanic world. As mentioned in a previous response the Francophone areas of Belgium were brought along but quickly annexed by France. The North Africans account fro roughly 80% of French Algeria. The rest either stayed in France or left for Arabia. The Vatican (and San Marino) was annexed by Italy because of their Nationalist government, and literally owning the Papacy was to good let down for them. The French are currently using Israel as a Beachead to supply Arabia (and rob them of oil). Italy is rather pissed off about it.

austria-hungary_neu-png.323566

Austria-Hungary Border and Subdivisions Patch, plus Bezirkshauptmannschaften/Vármegye/Dobine of Cisleithania/Transleithania/Bosnia

austria_hungary-gif.323567

Additionally, I've also patched Liechtenstein and Upper Silesia border. The previous Silesia was just... horrific.

Also much of the Francophone Africa, Syria and Lebanon, and Portugal's former colonies in Africa and Asia

Also much of the Francophone Africa, Syria and Lebanon, and Portugal's former colonies in Africa and Asia
Indeed. I was thinking more of areas where French or Spanish had been official or a major language for over a hundred fifty years. The other areas might have them as minorities, such as being a lingua franca for the ruling classes. Still, he got New Brunswick. Not sure if Haiti counts as Romance though. Creole tongues can make things a bit confusing.

Wonder what the next language map will be.

Indeed. I was thinking more of areas where French or Spanish had been official or a major language for over a hundred fifty years. The other areas might have them as minorities, such as being a lingua franca for the ruling classes. Still, he got New Brunswick. Not sure if Haiti counts as Romance though. Creole tongues can make things a bit confusing.

Wonder what the next language map will be.
I would like to see the following, Germanic, Arabic, Turkic, Persian, Indo-Mayala, and South Asian

Status
Not open for further replies.