Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
AltruisticHedonist, where is Spain getting all that oil? AFAIK there isn't much in Morocco and the main ones in Algeria are in the east or further inland.

You ain't never seen a flaccid one before?

...Have you never seen a flaccid penis?

1053px-Florida_topographic_map-en.svg.png

AltruisticHedonist, where is Spain getting all that oil? AFAIK there isn't much in Morocco and the main ones in Algeria are in the east or further inland.

Deeper inland. There is and extensive oil basin in the atlas mountains, which has diminished in the past million or so years due to natural causes. I should have had Spanish territory reach deeper into the Atlas range. Also, just because the Italian control the majority of North African oil deposits doesn't mean they have the means to access it. That's where Spain comes in. It's more of a parasitic relationship than a symbiotic one TBH.

Very cool scenario!

So how many years after the ISOTOPE is this?

Also maybe I'm misreading your intentions but Italy, France, and Quebec seem far more aggressive (in terms of territorial expansion) than either Mexico or Brazil. Is that the case?

About 50 years.

The European states are all post-populist, meaning they no longer have conservative governing policies, but retain conservative-level amounts of nationalism and right-wing approaches to foreign policy. This makes them easily pissed off.

The scenario and the map both look great! However, I have a few questions about the different details.
1. Where did the rest of the Francophone nations - Belgium, Switzerland, and all the countries in Africa - go? I don't really understand the ISOT criteria you're using.
2. How did Chile take over French Polynesia? (If Chile was neutral, how did it gain French territory?)

The scenario and the map both look great! However, I have a few questions about the different details.
1. Where did the rest of the Francophone nations - Belgium, Switzerland, and all the countries in Africa - go? I don't really understand the ISOT criteria you're using.
2. How did Chile take over French Polynesia? (If Chile was neutral, how did it gain French territory?)

1. The criteria is all nations where over 50% of the populations speaks a romance language as their first language. Despite the fact that most people in Francophone Africa can read and write in French, its almost always never their mother tongue. Switzerland was in the Germanic world, and the Francophone areas of Belgium were annexed by France soon after the event, so I didn't really feel like there was a need to talk about them

2. Should be French. Will fix soon.

Last edited:
Are you going to do one for all the major language families in Indo-Eurpoean? (e.g. Celtic, Indo-Iranian, Hellenic, Albanian, etc. etc.)

My plan is Slavic, then Indo-Iranian, then the rest (TBH i'm not sure whether to use seperate worlds or group all the isolates in one "leftover" world)

After that I tackle the non Indo-European ones: Sino-Tibetian, Afro-Asiatic, Dravidian, and the isolates.

fashbasher

Banned
syF9rRU.png

POD: The Phoenician circumnavigation of Africa under Necho II (c. 610-600 BCE) yields significantly greater riches than in OTL and inspires Mediterranean civilizations to expand into Africa, not Europe. By 300 BCE, almost the entirety of Africa but for the Sahara is controlled by either a literate civilization (colored) or a preliterate kingdom (white).

Eh, I've seen really amazing maps made with it, but I think Inkscape is indisputably the best. It was really easy to understand, and it's free too! :) I use it to make all of my maps nowadays, and I think they look okay.

I know we've moved from this topic already, but I'm curious. How exactly do you save a map from Inkscape when you done with it? I tried saving it as a png and it degraded the quality of it drastically. If you can help me out here, that'll be much appreciated.

I know we've moved from this topic already, but I'm curious. How exactly do you save a map from Inkscape when you done with it? I tried saving it as a png and it degraded the quality of it drastically. If you can help me out here, that'll be much appreciated.
Ah, I had the same problem originally. In the File tab, you should see a button that says "Export as PNG". It'll come up with options like "Drawing", which exports a square image containing absolutely everything visible in the document. I normally use "Selection", then I click on my background; that way, it exports the area I want it to.

Ah, I had the same problem originally. In the File tab, you should see a button that says "Export as PNG". It'll come up with options like "Drawing", which exports a square image containing absolutely everything visible in the document. I normally use "Selection", then I click on my background; that way, it exports the area I want it to.

I just tried that an I'm getting this as a result (the map is unfinished). Is that how its suppose to look or am I doing something wrong?http://sta.sh/0aui2qh7awb

I just tried that an I'm getting this as a result (the map is unfinished). Is that how its suppose to look or am I doing something wrong?
You might need to increase the pixels of the image. You should see a number that says something like "90.00" on the UI of the export png screen. If you change it to be higher, it should make the image export to a higher quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.