Fair enough.

Man, the Left has just been taking a beating ITTL, haven't they?
Well they're on the way back up with the Bull Moose Party ;)
Shame Jay Rockefeller didn't win. But considering that TTL 1982 saw Senator Pat Robertson, Progressive Ron Paul, and Speaker of the House Roy Cohn, I think I know what '86 will bring for the Empire State...

View attachment 323438
*The governor-elect gives his victory speech*

Trump is a Liberty Conservative ITTL, but he won't be running for public office. Not that we won't see him again ;)

Bulldoggus

Banned
Trump is a Liberty Conservative ITTL, but he won't be running for public office. Not that we won't see him again ;)
I could see him being a pundit. Especially since there won't be a Fox News driving most Americans of a certain age from "reasonable center-right types" to "buying gold bullion in preparation for when the US is invaded by a coalition of Iran, ACORN, and the Dixie Chicks".

I also have to ask about what happened to Ted Kennedy, Roger Ailes now that he never got involved with the Nixon campaign, Lawton Chiles and Brendan Byrne.

Thanks a bunch!

I could see him being a pundit. Especially since there won't be a Fox News driving most Americans of a certain age from "reasonable center-right types" to "buying gold bullion in preparation for when the US is invaded by a coalition of Iran, ACORN, and the Dixie Chicks".

But there'll still be a Rupert Murdoch.

I still feel something like FOX will pop up.

I mean, George Lincoln Rockwell has a fuckin' radio show.

But there'll still be a Rupert Murdoch.
I still feel something like FOX will pop up.

I mean, George Lincoln Rockwell has a fuckin' radio show.
Remember, William F. Buckley is itching for another venture ;)
I also have to ask about what happened to Ted Kennedy, Roger Ailes now that he never got involved with the Nixon campaign, Lawton Chiles and Brendan Byrne.

Thanks a bunch!

Ted Kennedy was JFK's Chief of Staff, but never recovered from being arrested for solicitation in 1968 and sinking his brother's campaign against Wallace. He became an alcoholic and died in a DUI accident in 1985. The price for saving JFK and RFK :teary:

Roger Ailes is currently working at National Review in the "Future Project's Department" ;)

Lawton Chiles is the Ranking Member of the House Ways and Means Committee

Brenden Byrne was Governor of New Jersey for one term (replaced by Thomas Kean in 1981 as OTL, but elected in 1977 instead of 1973). He's preparing to run against Progressive Bill Bradley in 1984

Ted Kennedy was JFK's Chief of Staff, but never recovered from being arrested for solicitation in 1968 and sinking his brother's campaign against Wallace. He became an alcoholic and died in a DUI accident in 1985. The price for saving JFK and RFK :teary:

Roger Ailes is currently working at National Review in the "Future Project's Department" ;)

Lawton Chiles is the Ranking Member of the House Ways and Means Committee

Brenden Byrne was Governor of New Jersey for one term (replaced by Thomas Kean in 1981 as OTL, but elected in 1977 instead of 1973). He's preparing to run against Progressive Bill Bradley in 1984

Jesus christ Ted. I wonder if anybody will pick up his "Lion if the Senate" mantle.

Kind of surprised Kean still replaces him. Wonder if they'll still have their "newspaper dialogue."

One last question; How the hell did Tsongas get elected? His district OTL was solidly Republican for decades, and with no Watergate scandal, how would a Progressive get elected?

Jesus christ Ted. I wonder if anybody will pick up his "Lion if the Senate" mantle.

Kind of surprised Kean still replaces him. Wonder if they'll still have their "newspaper dialogue."

One last question; How the hell did Tsongas get elected? His district OTL was solidly Republican for decades, and with no Watergate scandal, how would a Progressive get elected?
Ed Brooke did that in a way before Reagan made him Attorney General. William Proxmire was also big but he retired in 1982. George McGovern is likely to take up that role
Tsongas ran in a more socially liberal district, and he had a lot of goodwill as a congressman to win in a tight three-way race