In the same party as Deputy Governor Cuomo...
think that's something?
220px-Paul_Wellstone.jpg
and
ron-paul-1-sized.jpg

Are both in the same Party in Congress ;)

I would vote republican still ITTL but I would vote for Kent Hance just because he's from Lubbock. Hadn't had a governor from Lubbock since Francis Lubbock himself.

That will be a hell of a big tent. I have a feeling that will bite the progs in the ass eventually...
Minaprogressivism is, for the most part, a leftist approach to libertarianism. Paul is on the right wing of that, yes, but one could easily see his views fitting general social liberalism.
Jerry Brown needs to win a seat in CA, Progressives could have a field day there.
Jerry Brown just lost his third major statewide race for Senate against Ed Meese as a Progressive, but the results were 33.5% Meese - 32.8% Brown - 31.7% John Tunney. You can't keep Moonbeam down ;)

Minaprogressivism is, for the most part, a leftist approach to libertarianism. Paul is on the right wing of that, yes, but one could easily see his views fitting general social liberalism.

Jerry Brown just lost his third major statewide race for Senate against Ed Meese as a Progressive, but the results were 33.5% Meese - 32.8% Brown - 31.7% John Tunney. You can't keep Moonbeam down ;)

I can't see Ron Paul being a social liberal, it just doesn't mesh with my OTL understanding. I still wish there was a strong Left that wasn't a fringe third party.

But, if it takes my last breath, I will see the rise of Supreme Leader Brown to the Governorship!

I can't see Ron Paul being a social liberal, it just doesn't mesh with my OTL understanding. I still wish there was a strong Left that wasn't a fringe third party.

But, if it takes my last breath, I will see the rise of the Supreme Leader Brown to the Governorship!
Social liberal, no. But socially libertarian in a party where "Keep the Government out of my private life" is the mantra, yes.

Shame Jay Rockefeller didn't win. But considering that TTL 1982 saw Senator Pat Robertson, Progressive Ron Paul, and Speaker of the House Roy Cohn, I think I know what '86 will bring for the Empire State...

upload_2017-5-19_13-48-42.jpeg

*The governor-elect gives his victory speech*