Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The State of the World in 1917, After the Treaty of Versailles
View attachment 323222
Yes, it's another Central Powers victory map. I think most of it's self-explanatory; feel free to ask any questions you may have about it.
Did the New Hebrides go to New Zealand to make up for giving Samoa back to Germany? And is Madagascar and most of French West Africa just being occupied until reperations are paid, or do the Germans just get to pretty much take what they like?

Last edited:
The Democratic People's Republic of Kentucky (DPRK):

Comtucky JPG.jpg

Shortly after the American War of Independence, the former Thirteen Colonies failed to forge a single nation. Instead, the northern states combined to create the United States Of North America (USONA) while Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia remained independent. In 1809, Andrew Jackson came to power in North Carolina and reformed it into the Caroline Empire, conquering South Carolina, Georgia, and eventually the Indian Lands and Louisiana. Although he tried to invade Virginia, it was already too powerful, but it drifted into Carolina's sphere of influence anyway later on in the 19th century.

While all of this happened in the South, USONA industrialized to counter the threat of Great Britain. In 1892, USONA and Carolina got into a war over who would hold influence over Virginia, which the North would win quite handedly. This would encourage the Americans to continue their imperial ambitions, annexing the Iowa Country in 1903, Virginia in 1906, and several former Spanish colonies in 1920.

In 1901, the Caroline Empire had undergone a revolution, becoming a republic. However, the central government in Raleigh had failed to bring the country under its control, and before long, various warlords had filled the power vacuum. Collectivism was also seeping in from Mexico, finding popularity among the lower classes. In 1925, Democratic president Roger D. Hampton tried to crack down on Collectivist strongholds, which only led to a civil war between the two factions.

By the 1930's, radical expansionism became popular in USONA, and in 1933, they invaded Upper Louisiana and reestablished it as a puppet state. Apparently, even that wasn't enough. In 1938, USONA launched a full-scale invasion of the Caroline Republic, the Caribbean, and Venezuela. While Great Britain was reluctant to join the war, they condemned USONA's actions, and tensions increased until the Americans attacked Bermuda in 1941. Suddenly, the Americans found themselves unable to hold off the massive assault from Canada, and in 1943, they surrendered.

USONA's empire was partitioned, and Virginia's independence was restored. However, Virginia was now divided. The east had been liberated by the UK, and remained capitalist while the west was taken back by Collectivists supported by Mexico and the newly-established People's Republic of Carolina (PRC). The line of 81 degrees West was created as a temporary divider, but the Great Powers failed to reach a resolution and the Virginian War broke out in 1947.

The war came to a stalemate in 1951, and a new border was made to separate the Republic of Virginia from the Democratic People's Republic of Kentucky, also known as East Virginia and West Virginia respectively.

East Virginia continued recieving support from the UK and USONA, while Mexico and Carolina propped up West Virginia. In 1979, economic problems caused the PRC to turn back to capitalism, leaving West Virginia isolated. However, the West's militarism and possession of nuclear weapons meant that peaceful reunification of Virginia was unlikely. Since then, East Virginia has become less autocratic, and Mexico has followed in the Caroline Republic's footsteps, but Kentucky persisted as a Collectivist pariah state. It is currently 1990, and the situation still shows no signs of dying down...

Is the purple in the SouthEast of the Arabian Peninsula a Belgian owned Muscat or just a similar looking TACOS-color I wasn't aware of!? :p
People usually have most of Muscat being pink. I am guessing by filling it in he shows them as having broken from British influence. Or maybe it is a coloring mistake, like the two Yellows of Japan.

People usually have most of Muscat being pink. I am guessing by filling it in he shows them as having broken from British influence. Or maybe it is a coloring mistake, like the two Yellows of Japan.
I have a feeling I've seen used as an independent Oman before, but I can't remember where...

Last edited:
I have a feeling I've seen used as an independent Oman before, but I can't where...
Ah yes, Oman, not Muscat. And yes, given how Japane is two colors it is possible Oman is from a seperate map color scheme as suggested.

What happened to the original German colonies? Did they sell them to the UK to buy neutrality in Europe?
I am guessing the Germans simply got some of them back, as the British occupied almost all of them pretty quickly IOTL. Well, simply might not be the best word, it is agreed on most discussions about it on here on here that the Germans can get expansion in the Wesr, the East, or in the colonies. Seldom could they get two. Still, that wouldn't make an interesting map, while this one handles it all very creatively.

Ah yes, Oman, not Muscat. And yes, given how Japane is two colors it is possible Oman is from a seperate map color scheme as suggested.

I am guessing the Germans simply got some of them back, as the British occupied almost all of them pretty quickly IOTL. Well, simply might not be the best word, it is agreed on most discussions about it on here on here that the Germans can get expansion in the Wesr, the East, or in the colonies. Seldom could they get two. Still, that wouldn't make an interesting map, while this one handles it all very creatively.
Ah, that's a good point. You're probably right about the colour scheme overlap then.

ALT HO4 North America.png

Working on a mod project for Hearts of Iron 4, having the North America based off of TL-191 with some caveats.

First image is base year of 1928, USA along with its allies Quebec, Columbia, Suriname, and Brazil face off against the Confederacy, who controls Mexico, Central America, and most of the Caribbean.

First scenario is Fascist USA. This results in the USA partitioning the confederacy, with all the mainland regions under military rule, and Confederate Venezuela being split between Colombia and Brazil.

Second case is Democratic USA. Parts of the confederacy and split off and instead of annexed, are made into puppet states. The Confederacy remains independent, but becomes an American puppet. Texas and the Indian Territory become puppets as well.

Last case is Communist USA. Most allies except Brazil become communist states. Texas and Indian Territory become autonomous states. Most of the confederacy is annexed except for a few states. The Confederacy itself flees to Cuba as it's mainland territory becomes the Communist state of New Africa.

Final map is some of the ways the USA could be split a part depending on a civil war scenario. Theirs the Pacific States, Midwest Republic, Federal States of America, and the Republic of New England, along with Canada becoming independent.

Was America on the CP side?
Looks more like the Americans got bogged down in Mexico, possibly because of German agents running guns and training fighters, especially since Veracruz is occupied, in a more official manner than the first term Wilson administration. Looking at French Guiana, though... Yah, I am guessing the Americans took it just to keep the Germans from getting it. Or those dastardly Dutch, who expanded at British and French expense. And maybe Sabah was used by the Brits for some war debts.

The Democratic People's Republic of Kentucky (DPRK):

View attachment 323234

Shortly after the American War of Independence, the former Thirteen Colonies failed to forge a single nation. Instead, the northern states combined to create the United States Of North America (USONA) while Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia remained independent. In 1809, Andrew Jackson came to power in North Carolina and reformed it into the Caroline Empire, conquering South Carolina, Georgia, and eventually the Indian Lands and Louisiana. Although he tried to invade Virginia, it was already too powerful, but it drifted into Carolina's sphere of influence anyway later on in the 19th century.

While all of this happened in the South, USONA industrialized to counter the threat of Great Britain. In 1892, USONA and Carolina got into a war over who would hold influence over Virginia, which the North would win quite handedly. This would encourage the Americans to continue their imperial ambitions, annexing the Iowa Country in 1903, Virginia in 1906, and several former Spanish colonies in 1920.

In 1901, the Caroline Empire had undergone a revolution, becoming a republic. However, the central government in Raleigh had failed to bring the country under its control, and before long, various warlords had filled the power vacuum. Collectivism was also seeping in from Mexico, finding popularity among the lower classes. In 1925, Democratic president Roger D. Hampton tried to crack down on Collectivist strongholds, which only led to a civil war between the two factions.

By the 1930's, radical expansionism became popular in USONA, and in 1933, they invaded Upper Louisiana and reestablished it as a puppet state. Apparently, even that wasn't enough. In 1938, USONA launched a full-scale invasion of the Caroline Republic, the Caribbean, and Venezuela. While Great Britain was reluctant to join the war, they condemned USONA's actions, and tensions increased until the Americans attacked Bermuda in 1941. Suddenly, the Americans found themselves unable to hold off the massive assault from Canada, and in 1943, they surrendered.

USONA's empire was partitioned, and Virginia's independence was restored. However, Virginia was now divided. The east had been liberated by the UK, and remained capitalist while the west was taken back by Collectivists supported by Mexico and the newly-established People's Republic of Carolina (PRC). The line of 81 degrees West was created as a temporary divider, but the Great Powers failed to reach a resolution and the Virginian War broke out in 1947.

The war came to a stalemate in 1951, and a new border was made to separate the Republic of Virginia from the Democratic People's Republic of Kentucky, also known as East Virginia and West Virginia respectively.

East Virginia continued recieving support from the UK and USONA, while Mexico and Carolina propped up West Virginia. In 1979, economic problems caused the PRC to turn back to capitalism, leaving West Virginia isolated. However, the West's militarism and possession of nuclear weapons meant that peaceful reunification of Virginia was unlikely. Since then, East Virginia has become less autocratic, and Mexico has followed in the Caroline Republic's footsteps, but Kentucky persisted as a Collectivist pariah state. It is currently 1990, and the situation still shows no signs of dying down...
I am loving it!

So Kentucky is North Korea. If the Caroline Republic is supposed to be China, it should at least be nominally communist even if it is basically capitalist nowadays...

And who is the Kim family for this DPRK? Who is Kim Il Sung, Kim Jong Il and Kim Jong Un, respectively?

And... of course, there is now no "Kentucky Fried Chicken" (KFC) - is it replaced by Korean Kimchi or something?

The State of the World in 1917, After the Treaty of Versailles
View attachment 323222
Yes, it's another Central Powers victory map. I think most of it's self-explanatory; feel free to ask any questions you may have about it.

Did you recolor this yourself, or is there somewhere where I could find base maps in TOASTER? I really like the color scheme that TOASTER offers, but can't find any base maps in it, and recoloring a whole map takes awhile.

The big question I can see is why is Tanzania a Anglo-German co-dominion?
The German delegation was split between those who wanted to streamline their colonial empire by dumping less profitable colonies and those who saw any concession to the Entente as a sign of weakness. The former camp won out mostly, but the perceived value of Indian Ocean access (you can't have Mittelafrika without it), as well as Lettow-Vorbeck's guerrilla campaign, led them to consider a compromise.
Did the New Hebrides go to New Zealand to make up for giving Samoa back to Germany?
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.