OTL Election maps resources thread

I was bored and made this very old election map based on the information available on Wikipedia.

mainexit.png

They don't exist in Wyre Forest anymore - no candidates in the upcoming locals, which confirms that it was just the Oborskis fighting the good* fight.

However, Health Concern are putting up a number of candidates.

Is this Health Concern or that other NHA Party? How well did the ICHC do last time there?

Is this Health Concern or that other NHA Party? How well did the ICHC do last time there?
Health Concern are now a sub-group of the NHAP, but I believe there's only one or two NHAP candidates who aren't ICHC this time round.

As you can see from the map, they've consistently had a County Councillor or two in Worcs, and one in Salop since 2009. They also get a few decent second places every time. But they have been in a decline on the Borough level since the mid-2000s and only got one Borough Councillor elected in 2016.

With all due respect (and to be fair I can't think of any way you'd show it), might it be possible to indicate which town is which on your maps somehow? For instance I can tell that the clusters of wards are Worcester, Kidderminster, Bromsgrove and Evesham in some combination, but it can be hard to tell which is which, not being from the region. While it is good to just look at the map to see the overall trend it isn't as useful for seeing which town is which. Especially in places like Northumberland where large towns can be contained entirely in one or two wards (Alnwick!!), it might just be helpful. Having said that it is quite a challenge, I understand.

Thande

Donor
Great work @Alex Richards . Have I misunderstood or are you missing the double little head on some but not all of the two-member wards for 2017?

With all due respect (and to be fair I can't think of any way you'd show it), might it be possible to indicate which town is which on your maps somehow? For instance I can tell that the clusters of wards are Worcester, Kidderminster, Bromsgrove and Evesham in some combination, but it can be hard to tell which is which, not being from the region. While it is good to just look at the map to see the overall trend it isn't as useful for seeing which town is which. Especially in places like Northumberland where large towns can be contained entirely in one or two wards (Alnwick!!), it might just be helpful. Having said that it is quite a challenge, I understand.
The idea is you go and look at Andrew Teale's original maps which are labelled, e.g. here in this case, we used to link to the relevant one in every post.

Great work @Alex Richards . Have I misunderstood or are you missing the double little head on some but not all of the two-member wards for 2017?

The idea is you go and look at Andrew Teale's original maps which are labelled, e.g. here in this case, we used to link to the relevant one in every post.

Aye, that's helpful for getting the trend of things. Thank you very much.

Thande

Donor
Aye, that's helpful for getting the trend of things. Thank you very much.
To be clear, to get a usefully zoomed in one like the one I directly linked to, you need to go to the page for the relevant election (e.g. here in this case), click on Map of the Results, and then right-click and click View Image or Open Image in New Tab depending on your browser. You can also download one if you're so inclined.

Health Concern are now a sub-group of the NHAP, but I believe there's only one or two NHAP candidates who aren't ICHC this time round.

As you can see from the map, they've consistently had a County Councillor or two in Worcs, and one in Salop since 2009. They also get a few decent second places every time. But they have been in a decline on the Borough level since the mid-2000s and only got one Borough Councillor elected in 2016.

I'm a bit bemused by a single-issue party like this standing on all levels, mainly because the various Healthcare Parties here only stand for county council as that's where most healthcare decisions are taken.

I'm a bit bemused by a single-issue party like this standing on all levels, mainly because the various Healthcare Parties here only stand for county council as that's where most healthcare decisions are taken.
We have District Health Boards which are elected separately, because of course we do.