Explain the AH Quote

Famous call at the end of the 1980 Ronnie "Ray-Gun" Reagan V Wally Mondale Boxing Match, aka the Washington Rumble.

"Yes sir, pulling back recon groups so that we can all die together."

Commander Vadim Stasov of the Soviet Army during the brief 1983 world war.

"Five years. Five long years. That's how long it took to get Moskva back."

Quote by Tsar Alexander IV recounting the Great Patriotic War wherein the Green Russians beat the Reds in a five year war that proved to be bloodier than the Great War that preceded it. Nevertheless, Tsar Alexander proved to be the leader Russia needed, and led the moribund empire into greatness.

"Meowmoos don't make me sad!"

Quote by Tsar Alexander IV recounting the Great Patriotic War wherein the Green Russians beat the Reds in a five year war that proved to be bloodier than the Great War that preceded it. Nevertheless, Tsar Alexander proved to be the leader Russia needed, and led the moribund empire into greatness.

A line from the original Gammons games for the LadPok in 1995. The line is spoken by a small girl in the tutorial section of the game, in which this girl is attacked by a Meowmoos and the main character must rescue her. The line has become a popular quote amongst fans of the Gammons series and is a popular meme in internet culture.

Gammon's instant success saw the LadPok become a hit in North America and Europe, strengthening the position of Korean game company Cheongun.

"I'd choose to die before I allow Danish flags to hang in front of the National Assembly!"

Last edited:

The last recorded words of the young emperor Napoleon the sixth as he stumbled upon his dead kitten. Later, his assassin would refer to these words in his suicide note.

The last recorded words of the young emperor Napoleon the sixth as he stumbled upon his dead kitten. Later, his assassin would refer to these words in his suicide note.

Missing the new quote, so I'll just add a new one:

"Well, the closest we've ever gotten to landing is crashing, so lets...lets try that."

"Well, the closest we've ever gotten to landing is crashing, so lets...lets try that."

After the Grand Planetary Defense, and just a few months after the collapse of the Soviet Union, the Xenonauts tried their hand at assisting the world in space travel efforts. While the first of the Xenonauts's proper space-planes had a successful flight and orbit, a combination of failing airbrakes and destroyed parachutes forced the pilot to perform a Lithobrake maneuver, resulting in a "rapid unplanned disassembly". The pilot survived with minor injuries, though the reputation stuck with the Xenonauts. The line above was a sarcastic remark by the then chief scientist Dr. Horace James, responding to a press question in 1989 on how the coming landing on Mars would go. This practically became the unofficial motto of the Exploration Force of the Xenonauts, overtaking the previous "As long as it works." in popularity.

"Welcome to Kuvinen, city of the Kingdom of Finland, where I can back out of my driveway and end up in Russia."

"Welcome to Kuvinen, city of the Kingdom of Finland, where I can back out of my driveway and end up in Russia."

Tourist advertisement for the Finnish city of Kuvinen. It didn't help much as, on the outskirts of Kuvinen where the feat is indeed possible, it's all forest. The Finnish side is forest, the Russian side is forest, and so, the ability to "experience" Russia here didn't bring too many non-nature-loving tourists into Kuvinen, either.

"Hitler defeats Hindenburg!"

"Hitler defeats Hindenburg!"

Famous newspaper headline from 1941, announcing the winner of the Great German Zeppelin Race organized by the German government in an effort to promote German technology and innovation. The two zeppelins, the older LZ 129 Hindenburg and the newer LZ 135 Hitler flew around the world in a widely publicized race. The result of the competition was a very narrow victory for the Hitler, named after Adolf Hitler, the German Chancellor killed by the Communist assassin Karl Zielke in March 1938.

"That day, history was made. A Finnish general conquered London for a French monarch. I wouldn't have believed if I wasn't there to see it with my own two eyes."

Famous newspaper headline from 1941, announcing the winner of the Great German Zeppelin Race organized by the German government in an effort to promote German technology and innovation. The two zeppelins, the older LZ 129 Hindenburg and the newer LZ 135 Hitler flew around the world in a widely publicized race. The result of the competition was a very narrow victory for the Hitler, named after Adolf Hitler, the German Chancellor killed by the Communist assassin Karl Zielke in March 1938.

"That day, history was made. A Finnish general conquered London for a French monarch. I wouldn't have believed if I wasn't there to see it with my own two eyes."

In the biography of POTUS Lloyd K. Jacob (1889-1901) about the successful invasion of Britain by Napoleon II.
His father, Napoleon I. (Bonaparte), had barely managed to retain control over France (in its 1812 borders), with even the Rheinbund going in for coalitions against Paris. But Nappy II. managed to make France greater than ever before, bringing his allies into line by a carrot-and-stick approach (mostly, it was carrots, though) and, in 1835, invading Britain. But it was not a maoirity of French troops and generals, but the majority was from French allies from Lisbon to Helsinki to Kairo to even Chennai, Washington D.C. and Guatemala City. And thus, it was the Finnish general Arvo Filip Jyräämei who finally conquered the last part of London on September 8, 1841. Lloyd Jacob participated in this conquest in the rank of Sargeant.

"The Assyrian Union thus has attacked Vanderbilt AFB after we, the United States, are supposed to have used chemical weapons on the city of Medford, OR. But neither is it proven that Sarin was purposefully used, let alone who did it. And I will hereby say: It was the Pazderskiist terrorists! We are falsely accused of an act that Pazderskiist radical terrorists did!" - The President of the United States

Missing the new quote, so I'll just add a new one:

Is this a Door Monster reference?

In the biography of POTUS Lloyd K. Jacob (1889-1901) about the successful invasion of Britain by Napoleon II.
His father, Napoleon I. (Bonaparte), had barely managed to retain control over France (in its 1812 borders), with even the Rheinbund going in for coalitions against Paris. But Nappy II. managed to make France greater than ever before, bringing his allies into line by a carrot-and-stick approach (mostly, it was carrots, though) and, in 1835, invading Britain. But it was not a maoirity of French troops and generals, but the majority was from French allies from Lisbon to Helsinki to Kairo to even Chennai, Washington D.C. and Guatemala City. And thus, it was the Finnish general Arvo Filip Jyräämei who finally conquered the last part of London on September 8, 1841. Lloyd Jacob participated in this conquest in the rank of Sargeant.

"The Assyrian Union thus has attacked Vanderbilt AFB after we, the United States, are supposed to have used chemical weapons on the city of Medford, OR. But neither is it proven that Sarin was purposefully used, let alone who did it. And I will hereby say: It was the Pazderskiist terrorists! We are falsely accused of an act that Pazderskiist radical terrorists did!" - The President of the United States

After a rogue army unit declared themselves in rebellion against the United States in support of local protestors, government aircraft proceeded to plaster the area with explosives. Unfortunately, Medford turned out to be the site of a large stockpile of chemical weapons. After the airstrikes created a leak in the weapons caches, the Assyrian Union, having engaged in decades of tension with the US over influence in the Balkans and Anatolia, utilized the opportunity to accuse the US of a chemical weapons strike and to declare war. The US, struggling to maintain order with a brewing civil war on the horizon, worked to rally the nation by blaming the leak on German terrorists fighting against the Allied occupation.

"When working for me, incompetence is a virtue, not a vice. It's so much easier to blame vanishing funds on the employee's screwups that way."

"When working for me, incompetence is a virtue, not a vice. It's so much easier to blame vanishing funds on the employee's screwups that way."

Rick Dandolo, High-ranking member of the All-Cities trade Corporation. Dandolo had a habit of embezzling funds, which he covered up using his employees incompetence. Unfortunately for him, having no one but incompetent staff caused the legitimate part of his business to collapse, leaving behind nothing from which to steal. He was soon after fired himself, and wound up dying penniless and alone.

"Remarkable. They refuse to end the game, even after this long. They all want to leave, but no one wants to lose."

"Remarkable. They refuse to end the game, even after this long. They all want to leave, but no one wants to lose."

A statement made in 2023 by World Council Security Commune Representative Hans Gruber of the Trade State of the Hansa on the state of the ownership of Constantinople. There's much context to this. While the Eastern Roman Empire survived to 2005, by that point, infighting between the Despots and simple over-extension were taxing on young Basileus Isaac Komnenos "the Unready", and thus, he decided to quit while he was ahead and simply break the Empire now. This peaceful break-up resulted in the formation of the successor states of Hellas, Nikea, Trebizond, Armenia, and Jerusalem, however, once the borders were decided and legalized, it was then noticed that none of them actually encompassed Constantinople. The Basileus stated that he had something in mind for the city, but died unexpectedly of alcohol poisoning before anything was written for it, and thus, it came into question. Hellas claimed that, since it was on the Hellenic landmass, it belonged to them. Nikea claims it is theirs due to miscegenation between the Komnenos line and their Despotic lineage. Trebizond claims it is their birthright, being the birthplace of the Komnenoi. Jerusalem even makes claim toward ownership, citing the history between the House of Anjou and the Komnenoi, with Amalric even briefly owning the city in question (which, while due to a clerical error more than anything, is something Jerusalem still holds onto). Even with Armenia abstaining from the mess, none of the successor states budge on the matter. While you would think committee would save the day, alas, no. Among the Security Commune of the World Council, France puts its support toward Nikea, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth leans to Trebizond, the Union of Canada supports Hellas, and the Five Kingdoms of Fennoscandia (one of few instances in which, despite multiple representatives, they are considered singular) unwavering stands behind Jerusalem. The topic tends to sour relations whenever it is brought up, and while it has not yet escalated into combat so far, it has definitely come close at times, if for no other reason than just how slow it is to have 5 people representing what is technically the same country [and at the same time isn't... it's complicated] ("the slow life of politics in Fennoscandia" is no exaggeration). With any luck, and with how rational the World Council (especially the Hansa) tend to be in these matters, the issue should be resolved soon.

"Then the one who was guarding me flashed some kind of card and informed me that he and his accomplices were "special deputies" for the Northern Virginia Human Relations Council. They were searching for firearms, he said."

A statement made in 2023 by World Council Security Commune Representative Hans Gruber of the Trade State of the Hansa on the state of the ownership of Constantinople. There's much context to this. While the Eastern Roman Empire survived to 2005, by that point, infighting between the Despots and simple over-extension were taxing on young Basileus Isaac Komnenos "the Unready", and thus, he decided to quit while he was ahead and simply break the Empire now. This peaceful break-up resulted in the formation of the successor states of Hellas, Nikea, Trebizond, Armenia, and Jerusalem, however, once the borders were decided and legalized, it was then noticed that none of them actually encompassed Constantinople. The Basileus stated that he had something in mind for the city, but died unexpectedly of alcohol poisoning before anything was written for it, and thus, it came into question. Hellas claimed that, since it was on the Hellenic landmass, it belonged to them. Nikea claims it is theirs due to miscegenation between the Komnenos line and their Despotic lineage. Trebizond claims it is their birthright, being the birthplace of the Komnenoi. Jerusalem even makes claim toward ownership, citing the history between the House of Anjou and the Komnenoi, with Amalric even briefly owning the city in question (which, while due to a clerical error more than anything, is something Jerusalem still holds onto). Even with Armenia abstaining from the mess, none of the successor states budge on the matter. While you would think committee would save the day, alas, no. Among the Security Commune of the World Council, France puts its support toward Nikea, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth leans to Trebizond, the Union of Canada supports Hellas, and the Five Kingdoms of Fennoscandia (one of few instances in which, despite multiple representatives, they are considered singular) unwavering stands behind Jerusalem. The topic tends to sour relations whenever it is brought up, and while it has not yet escalated into combat so far, it has definitely come close at times, if for no other reason than just how slow it is to have 5 people representing what is technically the same country [and at the same time isn't... it's complicated] ("the slow life of politics in Fennoscandia" is no exaggeration). With any luck, and with how rational the World Council (especially the Hansa) tend to be in these matters, the issue should be resolved soon.

"Then the one who was guarding me flashed some kind of card and informed me that he and his accomplices were "special deputies" for the Northern Virginia Human Relations Council. They were searching for firearms, he said."

A proud Republican voter recounting his time in Ayatollah Barry Soetero's FEMA concentration camp, with this segment occurring after the repeal of the Second Amendment in 2009.

"You want to know about the Fall of Mediolanum, and the legion's training ground there?"
-Ioannes Archaeus Flavo, Legatus, Legio XIII Iuniperorum

A proud Republican voter recounting his time in Ayatollah Barry Soetero's FEMA concentration camp, with this segment occurring after the repeal of the Second Amendment in 2009.

"You want to know about the Fall of Mediolanum, and the legion's training ground there?"
-Ioannes Archaeus Flavo, Legatus, Legio XIII Iuniperorum

Flavo, one of the few survivors of the ill-fated Siege of Mediolanum, was asked about all the details surrounding the infamous event by the Roman Senate.

"Oh, great Seleucus, I had fulfilled your dream." — Antiochus the Great

Flavo, one of the few survivors of the ill-fated Siege of Mediolanum, was asked about all the details surrounding the infamous event by the Roman Senate.

"Oh, great Seleucus, I had fulfilled your dream." — Antiochus the Great
King Antiochus of Egypt, not a relative of Seleucus or the Ptolemys, but instead a copt of egypt, who overthrew the tulinids of Egypt. Over the course of fifty years, he conquered an empire from Marrakech to Mumbai, which would last for nearly eight hundred years until it fell to the Empire of Ruthenium

"Abandon all despair men, though we shall fall in battle, our sacrifice will be worth it."

King Antiochus of Egypt, not a relative of Seleucus or the Ptolemys, but instead a copt of egypt, who overthrew the tulinids of Egypt. Over the course of fifty years, he conquered an empire from Marrakech to Mumbai, which would last for nearly eight hundred years until it fell to the Empire of Ruthenium

"Abandon all despair men, though we shall fall in battle, our sacrifice will be worth it."

Excerpt from Arab Nationalist Revolutionairy Usama Bin Laden's famous speech during the 1982 Baghdad uprising. With British special forces surrounding one of the last centres of Nationalist control, Adhamiyah, Bin Laden, a young 25 year old, became a martyr for the Arab fight for independence as he led a final battle before being killed with the majority of revolutionairies in the battle of Adhamiyah.

Bin Laden's prediction proved to be true, following the uprising British, French and American governments were pressured, by citizens in the home countries and in Arab territories as well as by international factors, to begin the process of giving independence to the Arab people. By 1989 all imperial forces had left the Arab world. Bin Laden would be remembered as a hero, statues of him are common in Arab cities. Bin Laden square, built in 1995, is a famous attraction of Baghdad.

"Truely there is no city quite as astounding as Mogadishu! To the true city of the world's desires! "

Excerpt from Arab Nationalist Revolutionairy Usama Bin Laden's famous speech during the 1982 Baghdad uprising. With British special forces surrounding one of the last centres of Nationalist control, Adhamiyah, Bin Laden, a young 25 year old, became a martyr for the Arab fight for independence as he led a final battle before being killed with the majority of revolutionairies in the battle of Adhamiyah.

Bin Laden's prediction proved to be true, following the uprising British, French and American governments were pressured, by citizens in the home countries and in Arab territories as well as by international factors, to begin the process of giving independence to the Arab people. By 1989 all imperial forces had left the Arab world. Bin Laden would be remembered as a hero, statues of him are common in Arab cities. Bin Laden square, built in 1995, is a famous attraction of Baghdad.

"Truely there is no city quite as astounding as Mogadishu! To the true city of the world's desires! "

US President Bill Clinton, to the President of Somaliland after the country's near-miraculous recovery from six years of brutal civil war; by early 2000, when Clinton visited, Mogadishu had been rebuilt into a vibrant metropolis and the heart of East Africa.

"Nieuw Nederland, komt in opstand! Ontwaakt in razernij!"
(New Netherland, rise in revolt! Awaken in fury!)

US President Bill Clinton, to the President of Somaliland after the country's near-miraculous recovery from six years of brutal civil war; by early 2000, when Clinton visited, Mogadishu had been rebuilt into a vibrant metropolis and the heart of East Africa.

"Nieuw Nederland, komt in opstand! Ontwaakt in razernij!"
(New Netherland, rise in revolt! Awaken in fury!)

A rallying call by Willem de Nieuw Groningen in 1752, after the Parliaments over in Den Haag had denied to give its American subjects more representation. This would begin a nine-year civil war in which the Vereenigde Volksrepublieken de Nieuw Nederlands (United People's Republics of the New Netherlands - not communist!) gained independence. The virus spread to the English and French and Spanish holdings of North America, and soon enough, rivalry between the newl y independent nations (and the still-British parts, as, importantly, rebellions in the British part of North America, i.e. much of the *CSA, were crushed) would dominate inter-American politics and would lead to war not being a rare occurence.

"A 'democracy' has been 'achieved' in Ar-Raqqa, in Baghdad and in Kabul, in Tehran and Ashgabat, in Riyadh and Sana'a. Everybody seems to love it, but I can't understand why. But as YOU love it so much, enjoy your vacations in the Middle East!

Book in the first 6 months with 35 % Democracy Discount!"

A rather satirical advertisement in the wake of the Great Arab Emancipation, in which governments throughout the Middle East and Central Asia held referendums to increase political freedoms throughout the region. While many were pleased with the widespread reform, the more cynical saw this as a naked stunt to attract Western interest in the region and to garner much-sought after tourism money.

"Franglia and the Papacy are behind us. Should we win it wll be nothing short of a miracle."