Alternate Electoral Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
2008 Obama v Paul.png

Finished a game of President Infinity as Barack Obama/Joe Biden v. Ron Paul/Mark Sanford in 2008.
  • Obama won the Electoral College 473-65 in an unsurprising landslide.
  • Obama won the popular vote 63.7%-36.3%, beating LBJ's 1964 record.
  • Obama won 84,740,165 votes, by far the most in American history.
  • Voter turnout was 58.9%, a bit more than OTL.
  • Obama did best in DC (95.4%), Rhode Island (77.7%) and Hawaii (74.6%). Paul did best in Utah (68.7%), Wyoming (61.6%) and Nebraska (60.3%).
  • I ran out of money in mid-October, so I wasn't able to run ads for almost a month before the election. If I was, I probably could've won Tennessee, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Alabama, all of which Paul won by less than 4%.
  • I won the endorsements of John McCain, Sarah Palin, George H.W. Bush, Donald Trump, Sam Brownback, Sonny Purdue, Jeff Sessions, Rick Perry and more. I'm pretty sure Paul only received the endorsement of the NRA. Bush Senior was actually a frequent campaign surrogate, holding rallies in Texas to boost the numbers there.

Last edited:

fashbasher

Banned
yi99yzl.png

World Parliament first-place party, 2189. The wonky geography has to do with this map being from a children's book. Small-island-based electoral districts are shown as squares; islands that aren't shown (eg Taiwan, the Azores) are included in other electoral districts (Fujian and Coastal Iberia, respectively). Not shown is that due to proportional representation the green Progressive Party absolutely kills it. The "wine glass" nature of polarization (the entire right and the far-left are fractured, the center-left "stem" of the glass only includes one party). means that all governments are formed by the Progressives; the six far-right, three center-right, two-centrist, and four far-left parties are unable to form coalitions without them because of fragmentation.

yi99yzl.png

World Parliament first-place party, 2189. The wonky geography has to do with this map being from a children's book. Small-island-based electoral districts are shown as squares; islands that aren't shown (eg Taiwan, the Azores) are included in other electoral districts (Fujian and Coastal Iberia, respectively). Not shown is that due to proportional representation the green Progressive Party absolutely kills it. The "wine glass" nature of polarization (the entire right and the far-left are fractured, the center-left "stem" of the glass only includes one party). means that all governments are formed by the Progressives; the six far-right, three center-right, two-centrist, and four far-left parties are unable to form coalitions without them because of fragmentation.
This makes no sense at all.

It's over 150 years from now, in an ASB alternate history. It need not make sense compared to today. Any specific or constructive critiques would be appreciated.
-What are the empty spaces
-What is the POD
-Why having filled the black borders ? (it leave a black trace)
-You could have put a black border between the different districts/colors

It's over 150 years from now, in an ASB alternate history. It need not make sense compared to today. Any specific or constructive critiques would be appreciated.
OK. For one "progressive" is a rather Amerocentric word for "left-ish", to be honest.

Secondly. ideologies would change. I actually have a timeline with the present rather close to yours, and the definition of "conservatism" has changed a lot. You say it's 150 years in the future? Then work out what changed inbetween now and that, so how would that change ideologies?

What happened with global warming? If the empty spaces are empty because it's too cold, then, what happened to reverse global warming?

Population distribution is quite off from OTL. NA is very much represented, but China and India, which has a lot more people, don't have enough. So, this too, needs a justification, I'm afraid. When you make maps, you have to justify this sort of stuff.

I did chuckle at Eritrea being colored Stalinist because Eritrea's leadership are literally more radical and tyrannical than stalinists.

Are we talking OTL? Because I doubt you could call their OTL leadership radical - I don't really think they have much in the way of ideology at all except cartoonish power-hoarding.

Are we talking OTL? Because I doubt you could call their OTL leadership radical - I don't really think they have much in the way of ideology at all except cartoonish power-hoarding.
I mean less in terms of ideology and more in crushing their citizens to the utter extreme (as they are the literal worst nation on earth in this regard)

United States Presidential Election, 1788-89
Former Governor Patrick Henry (Anti-Federalist-Virginia) 37 EVs; 52.8% PV
Major General Benjamin Lincoln (Federalist-Massachusetts) 22 EVs; 47.2% PV
The Die Hath Been Cast, 1788-89 Presidential Election.png

United States Presidential Election, 1792
President Patrick Henry (Anti-Federalist-Virginia) 67 EVs; 51.1% PV
Former Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton (Federalist-New York) 65 EVs; 48.9% PV
The Die Hath Been Cast, 1792 Presidential Election.png

United States Presidential Election, 1796
Secretary of State Thomas Jefferson (Republican-Virginia)/Former Governor George Clinton (Republican-New York) 112 EVs; 67.4% PV
Governor James Iredell (Federalist-North Carolina)/US Minister to France Charles C. Pinckney (Federalist-South Carolina) 26 EVs; 32.6% PV

The Die Hath Been Cast, 1796 Presidential Election.png

United States Presidential Election, 1800
President Thomas Jefferson (Republican-Virginia)/Vice President George Clinton (Republican-New York) 87 EVs; 53.6% PV
Representative Thomas Pinckney (Federalist-South Carolina)/Former Senator Samuel Johnston (Federalist-North Carolina) 51 EVs; 46.4% PV
The Die Hath Been Cast, 1800 Presidential Election.png

United States Presidential Election, 1804
Senator Alexander Hamilton (Reformist–NY) / Representative Henry Lee III (Reformist–VA) 106 EVs; 42.1%

Senator John Breckinridge (Republican–KY) / Senator Aaron Burr (Republican–NY) 70 EVs; 40.5%
Fmr. Senator and 1800 VP Candidate Samuel Johnston (Federalist–NC) / Fmr. Governor John Jay (Federalist–NY) 0 EVs; 17.4%
The Die Hath Been Cast, 1804 Presidential Election.png

Every single election so far in my Election Game, The Die Hath Been Cast.

Below is the 2018 election results for Muregeig, my fake country:

Prime Minister / Hosse of Kommens:
BlankGlobalMap - Copy.png

Ryen D. Evanov (CD-AL) 17 Seats (4.5 States won)
Markus L. Mullar (SWE-D3) 26 Seats (3.5 States won)
John S. Pidin (SWE-D5) 15 Seats (2 States won)
2017-04-01-20-45-41-235097-945715470227578652.jpg

Presidential:
BlankGlobalMap - Copy (2).png

Cris M. Jonsen (NL) 46 Electors
Kazah M. Juliz (SWE) 19 Electors
Cori D. Mklane (CD) 10 Electors

2017-04-01-20-23-53-498891-5251909265492292094.jpg

And the Political Parties:
Loyalists
Reformists
Progressives

And lastly, the list of Kings:

2018 - present: Vladmir I (House of Evanov)

Attachments

• 2017-04-01-20-20-20-285777-1742331627183914453.jpg
    2017-04-01-20-20-20-285777-1742331627183914453.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 224
  • 2017-04-01-20-20-20-285777-1742331627183914453 (1).jpg
    2017-04-01-20-20-20-285777-1742331627183914453 (1).jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
yi99yzl.png

if you want to make some better electorates i have a link for you

https://web.archive.org/web/20150721031846/http://twohundertseventy.github.io/Equal-Countries

Below is the 2018 election results for Muregeig, my fake country:

Prime Minister / Hosse of Kommens:
View attachment 314579
Ryen D. Evanov (CD-AL) 17 Seats (4.5 States won)
Markus L. Mullar (SWE-D3) 26 Seats (3.5 States won)
John S. Pidin (SWE-D5) 15 Seats (2 States won)

Presidential:
View attachment 314581
Cris M. Jonsen (NL) 46 Electors
Kazah M. Juliz (SWE) 19 Electors
Cori D. Mklane (CD) 10 Electors

And the Political Parties:
Loyalists
Reformists
Progressives

And lastly, the list of Kings:

2018 - present: Vladmir I (House of Evanov)

the problem with mine is i cant make electorates as nice looking as that

Status
Not open for further replies.