Alternate Electoral Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
>PVV
> socially liberal
lol what

do you mean economically?

No. The Dutch 'far right' tend to be rather liberal on social issues - for example look at the LPF, hardly a conservative party on social issues by any measure. I don't equate immigration BTW as a social issue.

No. The Dutch 'far right' tend to be rather liberal on social issues - for example look at the LPF, hardly a conservative party on social issues by any measure. I don't equate immigration BTW as a social issue.
Not to be off topic... but in the Dutch context, immigration and integration are very much social issues.

Pat Buchanan in the sense that it's anti-interventionist.

giphy.gif

...he is relatively anti-interventionist, isn't he? I mean, he was against the Iraq Wars. He supported the Vietnam War, but as I understand it that was out of anti-communism, which isn't much of a going concern in 2116.

He is yes. I mean just look at this cover of his magazine:

folly.jpg

Jim Webb/ Joe Manchin vs Ted Cruz/ Carly Fiorina

genusmap.php

Webb/Manchin - 479 electoral votes, 57% popular vote

Cruz/Fiorina - 59 electoral votes, 40% popular vote.

The closest states are West Virginia (Webb wins it by 2.5%), Alabama (Cruz wins it by 3%), Texas(Webb wins by about .4%) and Indiana (Cruz wins it by less than 1%)

Last edited:
Here's something from the future of the silly world of this wikibox. Half a decade after the reintegration of Ohio into the Commonwealth, the Left and Right Wings of the Buckeye Party split due to irreconcilable differences. This was just in time for the first general election after the major electoral reform bill had passed, mandating that the General Assembly become unicameral, larger, and elected by single transferable vote, allowing parties that had never been represented in Columbus to finally take their seats. These two parties, the Charterites and the Greens arguably were what kept the New Progressives from forming a government all by themselves, forcing them to enter into a confidence and supply agreement with both of the minor parties. Prime Minister Sherrod Brown had retained control of the reins of power, but the Independence Party was due for a leadership shakeup, with much of the blame for losing the election going directly on Portman's shoulders. The Charterites were thrilled with the results Fred Taft had delivered them by focusing on former Democrats in the suburbs who had felt left behind by the leftward lurch of the Newps. Anita Rios, Green Party leader side eyes the newly elected Green assemblyman from Yellow Springs, a charismatic Black retired comedian who can't help but energize the party base and might overtake her in the next party leadership election.
OHIO STV PARLIAMENT.png

Status
Not open for further replies.