The M-BAM Main Thread

austria_comparison.png

*When Val has nothing better to do*

I think it's better to finish the m-bam first, because there's still a lot to do before he's done

Some of the counties in NJ (those are the only ones I notice) look a bit strange, is that just the projection?
Yeah, it's surely the projection...

(Jk with that "Suuure..." voice. I think it's because many people know the counties only in their regional map version (in which the counties are near projectional 0 degree point) and not the Robinson/Q/MBAM projection...)

Yeah, it's surely the projection...

(Jk with that "Suuure..." voice. I think it's because many people know the counties only in their regional map version (in which the counties are near projectional 0 degree point) and not the Robinson/Q/MBAM projection...)

Yeah, looking at them now that seems to be the case. By the way, thanks for doing so much with the M-BAM / V-BAM - especially with your Greater Germany TL - and I can't wait to see what you make next!

Posibly so, but keep in mind the Qbam is also incorrect. So it provides a poor comparison.

This means nothing. De-facto M-bam is enlarged Q-bam and their borders must match. Furthemore , even if the Q-bam is incorrect, we must prevent future errors. If we shall not do it, errors grow.
I hope you have understood my awry English.

This means nothing. De-facto M-bam is enlarged Q-bam and their borders must match. Furthemore , even if the Q-bam is incorrect, we must prevent future errors. If we shall not do it, errors grow.
I hope you have understood my awry English.
Depends. Of course, M-BAM was created as an intent to have a larger qbam, but it also was created so there's a world map with the second level subdivisions (eG local government, county or Bezirk).
I think everyone knows that Q-BAM has quite a lot mistakes and i think it also was an intent that MBAM would eliminate most of these mistakes.
I think it's rather an attempt to remake QBAM by increasing the scale than a straight 3:1 copy of Q-BAM.

Also, I think your English is quite good since we can fully understand it.
It sounds a bit formal but I think that's usual for someone who hasn't been speaking English that long.

Depends. Of course, M-BAM was created as an intent to have a larger qbam, but it also was created so there's a world map with the second level subdivisions (eG local government, county or Bezirk).
I think everyone knows that Q-BAM has quite a lot mistakes and i think it also was an intent that MBAM would eliminate most of these mistakes.
I think it's rather an attempt to remake QBAM by increasing the scale than a straight 3:1 copy of Q-BAM.

Also, I think your English is quite good since we can fully understand it.
It sounds a bit formal but I think that's usual for someone who hasn't been speaking English that long.

Nobody can eliminate mistakes like that. It is possible only to increase their number.

How much bigger is the M-BAM than the Q-BAM, and are they the same projection?

mbam is 3x bigger than qbam, by design. They are the same "projection", but that has caveats. Technically, they were both hand-drawn rather than projected, and both contain errors. ymmv.