Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a flag posted to Reddit by The_Irish_Jet and i just changed it a bit, i got rid of the stars surrounding the anchor and made the yellow bands more equal to fit
upload_2017-3-17_8-35-9.png

original for reference: https://i.redditmedia.com/E7pYskoVw...jpg?w=1024&s=9c397565f5efdc71c252999b4dc2139e

Last edited:
United%20Kingdom%20of%20the%20Britons_zpsqy4ardrx.png

The United Kingdom of the Britons
This is an idea for a united Kingdom that encompasses the entire island of Great Britain and its outlying islands.
The Black and yellow is from the flag of St.David, the patron saint of Wales and of the Britons.
The White outline separating the yellow and black is from St.Piran's flag of Kernow (Cornwall).
The White Saltire is from St.Andrews flag and represents the Highlanders descended from the Picts.

So basically... a Celtic Britain! :p

The Kingdom of Gwynedd and Kernow, along with Cumbria and the other remaining celtic kingdoms that formed after the roman demise, manage to push back the anglo saxon invaders and eventually, in the 7th century , form a Kingdom that encompasses what we know as England and Wales, aswell as the lowlands of Scotland and Cornwall.
The descendants of the Pict's formed the Kingdom of Alba in the Scottish highlands and after some sort of Royal union (similar to James 6th/1st coming to England after Elizabeth 1st's death) the Kingdoms where united.

Still working on an Capital .-.

Is anyone familiar with The Race from Harry Turtledove's Worldwar series? I've been trying to think of what their flag would look like but I can't recall one being mentioned at all in the series and I am just drawing blanks in terms of thinking of my own design.

Also has a Syndicalist Japanese flag been done before? I'm also unsure as to what one would look like as well.

Is anyone familiar with The Race from Harry Turtledove's Worldwar series? I've been trying to think of what their flag would look like but I can't recall one being mentioned at all in the series and I am just drawing blanks in terms of thinking of my own design.

In Homeward Bound its mentioned that the Emperor's throne room contains the flags of defeated nations. Perhaps somewhere in that book they mention the flag of the Race. Sadly I am at work and do not have my copy on me.

RjLfyhf.png

Flag of the Eastern Shore Territory
POD is vague, in the early reconstruction period of United States history for certain. Radical Republicans manage to confiscate the Eastern Shore from Virignia, as punishment for secession and so that D.C. could have direct access to the ocean, as well as more land.

This was my first attempt editing a flag in inkscape, though it was almost totally in the seal of the flag. I tried to get the text to curve the way I'd like it to, but I couldn't manage to today, that's why the text is so rigid. Thoughts?

POD is vague, in the early reconstruction period of United States history for certain. Radical Republicans manage to confiscate the Eastern Shore from Virignia, as punishment for secession and so that D.C. could have direct access to the ocean, as well as more land.

This was my first attempt editing a flag in inkscape, though it was almost totally in the seal of the flag. I tried to get the text to curve the way I'd like it to, but I couldn't manage to today, that's why the text is so rigid. Thoughts?
Very interesting. Any other territorial confiscations by the Radical Reps?

Very interesting. Any other territorial confiscations by the Radical Reps?
Nothing set in stone for this TL, but my favorite ideas are: a Seminole/southern Florida, a long West Florida that circumcises MS and AL, and Texas cleaved in two. Additionally, Federal Monitors in Southron governments well into the 20th century.

upload_2017-3-19_22-34-45-png.312789

Battle flag of the Confederate States of America, "The Freedom Cross", adopted in September of 1861. The Freedom Cross was adopted by Confederate Forces five months after the war's beginning due to the need to have a flag that can be distinguishable from the Stars and Stripes due to frequent mistaking of units on both sides with the Confederate Stars and Bars. The design is that of a Nordic cross with the colors being a mirror image of the modern Icelandic flag in order to contrast to the dominant Red and White of the Stars and Stripes. Special attention must be placed to the 13 stars of the flag with the last three on the top symbolizing Kansas, Missouri, and Kentucky; which the Confederacy claimed throughout the entire war. The flag was created by Jacob Featherston Sr., a Virginia native who joined the North Carolina 7th.

From "Lone Star Republic"

Battle flag of the Confederate States of America, "The Freedom Cross", adopted in September of 1861. The Freedom Cross was adopted by Confederate Forces five months after the war's beginning due to the need to have a flag that can be distinguishable from the Stars and Stripes due to frequent mistaking of units on both sides with the Confederate Stars and Bars. The design is that of a Nordic cross with the colors being a mirror image of the modern Icelandic flag in order to contrast to the dominant Red and White of the Stars and Stripes. Special attention must be placed to the 13 stars of the flag with the last three on the top symbolizing Kansas, Missouri, and Kentucky; which the Confederacy claimed throughout the entire war. The flag was created by Jacob Featherston Sr., a Virginia native who joined the North Carolina 7th.

From "Lone Star Republic"
I have ''cleaned'' the flag without touching to the stars
upload_2017-3-19_22-34-45.png

7nJJ26P.png

Flag of the Accomac Statehood Alliance
The Accomac Statehood Alliance (originally the Eastern Shore Statehood Party) is an organization based in Ft. Lincoln, DC., dedicated to the Eastern Shore's accession to the Union. Founded initially as the Eastern Shore Statehood Party in 1888, it advocates for the rights of Accomacans (residents of Eastern Shore). The Flag of the ASA is seen widely throughout the peninsula, and is expected to be the flag adopted by the new state government that is expected to form after the long-awaited referendum for statehood in November 2017.

ok, just so i know...the eastern shore territory is the part of Virginia that isn't attached in south east Maryland?

Technically crossposting from the Map Thread, here is the flag of the Fenno-Hungarian Empire:

Fenno-Hungarian Flag v2.png

The left side of the flag symbolizes Finland, and contains the emblem of Yaroslav the Wise (prince of Novgorod, which was taken over by Finns). The red and white stripes on the right symbolize Hungary.

Fourth%20Cavalry.png

It may not be the best, but, in waiting for some assistance in the lettering of this ( my original post a few weeks back shows what the letters originally looked like when I did them in MS paint), I decided that I would take a crack at it myself.

If anyone is wondering, this is the regimental colors for the Fourth US Cavalry Regiment US Army. I was in 3rd Squadron when I was in a few years back and have never ( until recently) known that the colors were for my unit or what unit colors were, minus the guidons that I had seen AIT and Hawaii. I figured out today, that each individual squadron would have their number in the upper right corner, those being 1st Squadron, 3rd Squadron, prior to October 2015 4th Squadron, and 5th Squadron.

s-l300.jpg

Above being my old unit's colors as an example. Please, let me know if I did it justice......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.