Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV (Do not post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based off of a new Politico/Morning Consult poll.

fiFHft8.png

Sorry for map potato quality; I'm not quite sure what went wrong there.
oof

I've seen some people use Microsoft Excel to make wiki boxes. I was wondering if someone could link an Excel or Google Sheets template for that? I'm trying to recreate the wikibox template in Excel with the proper fonts and colors, but I'm sure someone has already done it and would like to use that if possible.

Many in the community were surprised when Sir Oswald Mosley was able to get a museum constructed in London dedicated entirely to the history of Britain's fascist movement. The outcry would be too great, the funds too much. Nonetheless, with the assistance of money from the late Lord Londonderry's estate, the Museum of National Integrity would come into fruition in 1952. Almost immediately upon the announcement, protesters gathered outside the construction site on the famous 'Cable Street'; notorious for a series of three way street battles between Mosley's Blackshirts, the Metropolitan Police, and anti-Mosleyites. Labour leader Aneurin Bevan spoke at one, calling for Mr. Mosley to back down. He would do no such thing, and the MNI would be finished in February of the year following. The MNI would not prosper for many years due to the controversy associated with visiting it and the fact that its stock was really rather limited. However, with the gradual improvement of Mosley's standing in the UK, the MNI saw greater visitation numbers in the 60's just as it was threatened with shutdown by the Greater London Council. The 70's saw even better fortunes for the Museum as Mosley handed control over to his fresh faced son Max and historians became interested in the rise of the BUF, which took advantage of racial discontent to win a fair few seats during the era.

Financial problems plagued the MNI throughout the 80's as the Board of Directors pilfered the donations of Mosley and others to funnel money into their own accounts. Mosley was too busy with other projects to notice, and this spun into a severe problem. In 1990, the museum was brought to court by a donor who was promised an oil canvas piece of a Cable Street Clash that featured her late brother in exchange for a lucrative donation. No such painting existed, and indeed the board member who promised her that had no connections that could gain him such a piece. She won thousands of pounds in damages, severely hurting the MNI. An fire in 1995 (blamed on the CPGB, but actually the fault of a loose wire) also resulted in the loss of many artifacts, and the MNI lost money at a rapid rate. Mosley decided to wind down the whole thing in 1999, not wanting to squander his large fortune on repairs. He consented to have the whole thing torn down after collectors bought up the remaining items. Today, somewhat ironically, the site where the MNI once sat is now home to the Coalition of Peacemakers, a pacifist and strictly anti-fascist organisation.

7EbUsuv.png

Stephen Bannon is one of the most recognizable American authors, having helped to pioneer the Southern Gothic aspect of horror writing, and unleashing some of the most biting satire of the 19th century. In particular, The Interlopers, which told a story of the fictional Bushes from Connecticut who moved to Texas for political gain, and 1930's Mr. Laud and his Snake Oil, which tells the tale of businessman and conman Michael Laud scamming a town out of their money by running for mayor on a platform of empty promises. The latter caused consternation with newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst, who alleged that the novel was a thinly veiled attack on him personally. Hearst attempted to take the elderly Bannon down by blacklisting him via the New York Times, something he repeated years later with Orson Welles' Magnum Opus Citizen Kane. Bannon's dubious political views had always been in question, though it had been revealed that he was close friends with an Arkansas Militiaman whose job it was to hunt down the nascent KKK (in spite of poor views on civil rights, shown in his detailing of a gated black community in Walled Off), and that he opposed the Spanish-American War. Mere months before his death, Bannon published a lengthy poem opposing the rise of the Nazi Party in Germany and warning of troubles if they rose to power.

Few, if any, would heed his warning, and Bannon would go down in history as the man who warned the world of Hitler, as well as the man who created a litany of horror tropes.

KOFxedc.png

No, I was kidding, they're far more uniform that US boundaries. Though ITTL would there be the potential for gerrymandering, or are boundaries independently drawing as they are here OTL?
Uh? Cromartyshire's boundaries were set under the 1791 Constitution. Under the Reapportionment Act, it is entitled to one seat in Congress and elects at-large. There can be no gerrymandering in a county with one seat. Cromartyshire's boundaries with any other county cannot be altered without its consent, which it has so far declined to give, fearing the loss of its Senator and Congressman.

In the year 2525 if man is still alive if woman can survive they may find
the English language is unchanged, ideologies haven't changed significantly in half a millennium, and there's a world government that has largely monopolized extraterrestrial colonization

In the year 2525 if man is still alive if woman can survive they may find
the English language is unchanged, ideologies haven't changed significantly in half a millennium, and there's a world government that has largely monopolized extraterrestrial colonization

Great guess, actually (the real reason why the English language and ideologies aren't changed is because this is based on a possible backstory for a major video game which feels like AMERICA... IN SPACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
So I had an idea after drinking a bit too much Cider.

norn.png

The Northern Ireland general election, 2014 was held on Thursday, 29 May 2014, to elect 108 Members of Parliment to the House of Commons of Northern Ireland. The election took place over 18 Constituencies, with six members elected from each constituency under the Single Transferable Vote system. As in all elections since 1986 no single party achieved an overall majority, however, the Unionist Party, led by incumbent Prime Minister Charles Corscadden in his third and final election as Leader, was once more able to gain a plurality of the seats, entering a coalition with the Ulster Liberal Party.

The Unionist campaign would largely emphasis Northern Ireland's growing and robust economy, its increasingly diverse industry, and the higher standards and advancements in education and healthcare. For the Unionist Party, the election was one that promoted the achievements of Corscaddenism under the slogan of 'One Final Heave', reflecting Corscadden's surprise announcement at the 2013 conference that he would make his third term his final term. The Republican Party, led by Ruth Morgan, would have a much more difficult election. Following the sudden and unexpected death of the well-liked moderate John Ashdown in December of 2013, and the election of Ruth Morgan from the party's Militant wing, there was a great deal of concern, both in the new leadership, as well as the new direction the party would be taken. Initially, the party would seek to exploit the failures of the Unionists, such as the decline and privatisation of the county's manufacturing muscles, and well as the failure to protect or progress Catholic and LGBT Civil Rights. However, the arrival of Morgan would cause considerable complications for the Republicans, as she began moving the party to be in line with the militant factions more Marxist and nationalistic leanings. The Liberal Party, conversely, under the leadership of Michael Moore, sought to exploit the divisions in the Republicans and dissatisfaction with the Unionists to come through the middle as a 'sensible third choice'.

Corscadden was returned as Prime Minister with 45.2% of the vote and 51 seats, four shy of a majority. The Republicans would suffer, sinking five points to 36%, their worst result in a decade, and 37 seats. The Liberal party would also see a more surprising decline in the popular vote, however gained a seat. The election would see minor parties, such as Senator Kate Hoey's Syndicalist Party, and the Ecological Party (under collective leadership) gain seats for the first time, as well as returning three of the four Independents elected in 2011.

In the aftermath of the election, Corscadden sought a coalition with the Liberal Party. Despite vocal opposition within the Liberals Parliamentary group, Moore agreed to the conditions of the coalition, joining the cabinet as Minister of Development. In the wake of the election, the Republican Party would split between the Nationalist Republicans, led by Morgan, and the Democratic Republicans, under the leadership of John Durkan. In the election 754,859 voted, representing 58.89% of the electorate. Corscadden stepped down as Prime Minister on 1 January 2017, with his successor expected to be elected by the Unionist Caucus on the 1 March 2017.

Last edited:
I love that @shiftygiant. The question is, do I support a Unionist Party led by an alt-Tony Blair, or do I support a Republican Party with an unabashed social conservative leading it. Would I be correct in assuming that Hoey's Syndicalist Party would be similar to this party founded by that relative I wont shut up about?

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
I love that @shiftygiant. The question is, do I support a Unionist Party led by an alt-Tony Blair, or do I support a Republican Party with an unabashed social conservative leading it. Would I be correct in assuming that Hoey's Syndicalist Party would be similar to this party founded by that relative I wont shut up about?
Well, that to the power of crypto-Falangism and Ulster Nationalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.