Map Request

This is europe - Goths in Italy are never defeated by the byzantines and lombards. etc

WestEurasiafrica1000BBase.png

Here's my try. :)

Some notes: The Turks decided to settle in southern Russia instead, and after some years of warring between different beydoms, they were united by Osman IV of Azow. :D

Finland converted to Christianity before Sweden could conquer them, and eventually the Finns conquered the Swedes instead. :p

In Italy, a power hungry pope decided to crown himself as Emperor-Pope of Rome, and after a while a big part of the southern Mediterranean was under his hand, including a large part of northern Iberia. However, he lost in southern Iberia, and eventually the whole peninsula was gobbled upp by the kingdom of Andalusia.

Here's my try. :)

Some notes: The Turks decided to settle in southern Russia instead, and after some years of warring between different beydoms, they were united by Osman IV of Azow. :D

Finland converted to Christianity before Sweden could conquer them, and eventually the Finns conquered the Swedes instead. :p

In Italy, a power hungry pope decided to crown himself as Emperor-Pope of Rome, and after a while a big part of the southern Mediterranean was under his hand, including a large part of northern Iberia. However, he lost in southern Iberia, and eventually the whole peninsula was gobbled upp by the kingdom of Andalusia.

one small issue, despite the rich and varyed Finish culture, the never actually united into anything larger than small cheifdoms, i cant see how they could have developed enough to conquer sweden. but the papal empire is awesome, ive been working on a map with a similar state myself, good to see the collective unconcious working

oh and one small note bockop, Scotch is a distilled alcoholic beverage and scots can take it as rather offensive to be called that, the proper adjective for people of scotland is scottish - anyway i still like the idea of a gallowglass kingdom in ulster

one small issue, despite the rich and varyed Finish culture, the never actually united into anything larger than small cheifdoms, i cant see how they could have developed enough to conquer sweden.

Okay, that sounds reasonable.

oh and one small note bockop, Scotch is a distilled alcoholic beverage and scots can take it as rather offensive to be called that, the proper adjective for people of scotland is scottish - anyway i still like the idea of a gallowglass kingdom in ulster

Well, according to Wikipedia :)D) Scotch is used about Scottish people in Northern ireland. But I might be wrong.

Alright! I finally finished and am posting this here map. Which happens to be my first totally original map.

France supports Poland against the Third Partition. In the ensuing war w/Prussia, France collapses in
Revolution. England regains Calais by treaty with the Dutch and supports the Corsican Republic. The
British and Spanish almost come to blows over Aquitaine. The resulting treaty has Aquitaine jointly
governed, but in practice is becoming autonomous. On the death of Stanislaw Poniatawski (who has
no heirs), Elector Frederick Augustus III of Saxony becomes the King of Poland.

In the early-to-mid 1800s, Prussia unites Germany. In the Great War (1873-1894), Ottoman Empire/
Prussia/Russia/Sweden vs Austria/Denmark/England/Greece/Netherlands/Norway/Poland. During the
War, Sweden collapses in anarchy and Hungary revolts. Under perceived threat of attack from Hungary,
Austria recognize independance. Prussia is dismembered, Poland regains all of it's lost territory, and
the Ottoman Empire is fraying at the edges.

Germany is farthest from the challenge. Austria has a great deal of control through the HRE as, by
virtue of holding thrones in half of Germany, they have a large say in who gets elected Emperor. They
are also very influential economically and have a fire under their tails after the loss of Hungary.

Note to self: change Corsica to British influenced independant.

reqmap_final.png

Alright! I finally finished and am posting this here map. Which happens to be my first totally original map.

France supports Poland against the Third Partition. In the ensuing war w/Prussia, France collapses in
Revolution. England regains Calais by treaty with the Dutch and supports the Corsican Republic. The
British and Spanish almost come to blows over Aquitaine. The resulting treaty has Aquitaine jointly
governed, but in practice is becoming autonomous. On the death of Stanislaw Poniatawski (who has
no heirs), Elector Frederick Augustus III of Saxony becomes the King of Poland.

In the early-to-mid 1800s, Prussia unites Germany. In the Great War (1873-1894), Ottoman Empire/
Prussia/Russia/Sweden vs Austria/Denmark/England/Greece/Netherlands/Norway/Poland. During the
War, Sweden collapses in anarchy and Hungary revolts. Under perceived threat of attack from Hungary,
Austria recognize independance. Prussia is dismembered, Poland regains all of it's lost territory, and
the Ottoman Empire is fraying at the edges.

Germany is farthest from the challenge. Austria has a great deal of control through the HRE as, by
virtue of holding thrones in half of Germany, they have a large say in who gets elected Emperor. They
are also very influential economically and have a fire under their tails after the loss of Hungary.

Note to self: change Corsica to British influenced independant.
Kewl map, but I have a nit, you have Trabizond placed too far to the west. Your Trabizond does not contain any part of OTL Trabizond, unless ITTL, you have Trabizond migrate west towards the location you have it in.

Well, according to Wikipedia :)D) Scotch is used about Scottish people in Northern ireland. But I might be wrong.

Look the Northern Ireland thing, look up who uses the word, cos i have a feeling its not used by the ulster scots themselves.

so the country is based on plantationers, i had the idea that it was a gallowglass country.

Is that the Kingdom of Georgia in so kinda of personal union with Poland I spy?
No. Squeezed between Russia and OE, Poland is Georgia's only ally. Maybe their only source of supplies. Maybe lots of aspiring Georgian officers going to Polish military academies. OTL, could the Turks close the Bosphorus? If so, Georgia's really desperate. And the southern half is still claimed by the Ottoman Empire. And did i mention that Poland's the only thing keeping the Russians off their backs?

Kewl map, but I have a nit, you have Trabizond placed too far to the west. Your Trabizond does not contain any part of OTL Trabizond, unless ITTL, you have Trabizond migrate west towards the location you have it in.
Crap, you're right. Is there a better name for that region? How about Corum?

Looks nice, but has to many post-POD OTL boundaries present.
Which are you referring to in particular? I did the Balkans off of a post-WWI map. Part lazy, part most of those boundaries were hinted at earlier so i thought they could show anyway.

Freodhoric,
Corum is a possible name that could be used for your misplaced Trabizond Empire, as well as a possible alternate name, Pontus. Ultimately, it is up to you what name you decide to use. Q