Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Force Awakens is the best Star Wars movie.
Sorry for offtop
image.jpg

hi
here's a map of nordic population density
upload_2017-1-22_0-52-36.png

here's the same map, but smaller this time
upload_2017-1-22_0-52-32.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-22_0-52-28.png
    upload_2017-1-22_0-52-28.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 551
to start off my contributions here and hopefully spur me to do more, i'll repost one of my old WIP maps. truthfully, this ones just about done--all that's left is to fill in some relatively small countries in Latin America, but i'm spurred for other projects right now so that might not happen soon

this is a relatively derpy little idea that i simply called Not Quite 1984 or 1984+, an attempted expansion/reinterpretation on the classic Orwell novel, partly an homage to other dystopian fiction as well. the gist of it is that the world as described in the book is a half-truth: Oceania/Airstrip One is actually a North Korea-like black hole state that's deluded itself into thinking it's actually a superpower, but the outside world isn't exactly sunshine and lollipops. most of the rest of the world is controlled by various dictatorships, including an expanded Soviet Union (Eurasia), the People's Republic of China (Eastasia), and the North American Union (Oceania). each one still doesn't exactly conform to the descriptions of those states from the book, though: "Oceania" is the most divided, with the NAU being closest to actual Oceania as a police state (but arguably freer than most of the others, where it's essentially a one-party state but there aren't as many purges as the USSR or as much institutional racism as before or in TTL's contemporary South Africa), Brazil and Argentina basically split South America between themselves (and Argentina is basically a Neo-Nazi state based on all the tropes of Nazis fleeing to South America), South Africa never abolished apartheid ITTL, and Australia is another police state (not as sure what i want to do with this one, though--it could have overtones of Mad Max as a more anarchic state than the rest). the communists won the Korean War ITTL so the whole peninsula is unified under the Kim dynasty, but it may actually be in better sorts ITTL (i have yet to decide on anything concerning them). Japan had a militant ultranationalist revival essentially bringing back the Imperial dictatorship. Taiwan still split from mainland China, but i haven't decided exactly what they're doing here. in Europe, all the former Eastern Bloc + Yugoslavia has formally joined the Soviet Union as their own SSRs while the other European states have been corralled into a new Western Bloc, basically puppet states aligned to Russia. the only non-dictatorship is the Equatorial Federation, colloquially "the Last Democracy", which replaces the disputed zone from the original book. this one was based on a fan theory that, because of all the wars raging on in the rest of teh world, there was a huge evacuation of civilians, including alot of scientists and intellectuals, to the Middle East, South and Southeast Asia, and North and Central Africa along with some other areas which have caused it to be elevated to the world's only true superpower (as you can tell, the whole setting isn't exactly plausible :p ). the Equatorials have some satellite states as well, small bastions of democracy in a totalitarian world. this includes New Zealand (this one was partly as a reference to the Worldwar series where New Zealand was basically ignored by the Race because they see it as just an out-of-the-way island of no importance), Madagascar, Ireland (the South Korea to Britain's DPRK), Papua New Guinea (it's still claimed by Australia ITTL but is functionally independent--the Australians couldn't control the people there if they tried), and nominally Iceland (which is meant to be an objectivist state referring to Rapture from BioShock)

the only other notable thing about this map is that it's partly experimental, using a method of designating groups of islands with circular borders rather than square ones. i hope to use this method in alot of future maps that i make as well, to make them look more interesting
Not Quite 1984 Map.png

theman7777 said:
Here is my final map of Northern France showing the most ambitious German annexation plans.
You posted at a bad point in the thread to get more responses.
Seems to be that they would be more likely to anexx Belgium than French land on the other side of Belgium.

A Fiji ISOT to, somewhere with a purple eastern Australia?

Al8mPDw.png

Moonga Republic (मूंगा गणराज्य)

Racial tensions between native Fijians and descendants of Indian immigrants brought in during the Colonial period have always been high. In fact, in three of the four past coups the nation have suffered from, tensions between Indo-Fijians and the native i-Taukei people have played a central role.

So, it was almost expected that following the transport to the Virgin Earth, riots and violence would occur between the groups. This culminated in the Civil War, in which the disenfranchised Indians attempted to gain control of the government. This ultimately failed, mainly due to the Indian population having slowly declined compared to the rising i-Taukei population (in the 1980's, they had almost been almost equal in size, but by the 2010's there was a twenty percent divide between them).

Now suffering both disenfranchisement and probably reprimand for their actions in the Civil War, many of the leaders amongst the populace considered just, leaving. At this point in time many people were still unaware that the rest of the world was empty, as evidence of this was scarce. Many thought they were simply going on to be refugees.

So the evacuations took place, people left Fiji in the tens of thousands, and the dictatorship born of the Civil War rose on the homeland. People leaving eventually landed in New Caledonia, but as they did, it soon became apparent that no humans were on the islands. Alongside a tropical cyclone, this pushed people to search further.

Eventually a group of about one thousand different families arrived in Eastern Australia, with more on the way. They established a settlement on Old World Camp Island, and for the next fifty years, the settlements expanded further and further inland and up the coast. Trade between different established settlements eventual led to set up of a central government and a union between them.

This was the beginnings of the Moonga Republic, a ethnically Indian majority union of sparse out settlements, linked by dirt roads. By the time internal strife on the mainland had ended and they began to explore outwards, the Moonga Republic had a sizeable population (around five hundred thousand, large enough to rival the mainland).

The Moonga Republic is located just around Old World Rockhampton. The flag's blue is based off Fiji's azure and the Green is from India's flag. The snake represents the truly massive reptiles that live in and around the Republics lands, including the infamous terrestrial crocodiles and large snakes.

Technology is basic, with the economy being primarily agricultural. Imagine it as almost a post-apocalyptic kind of settlement, with modern clothes, and unusable cars/boats etc., but simple bronze age pottery/tools. The central government is desperately trying to find a way to advance their technology further, especially trying to push advancements in getting power and industrialisation.

uyp1P3c.png

Alright, this is the final preview of my WIP Fiji ISOT timeline, for now. The ISOT has a fairly large biological twist, but I'll save information on that for later. Enjoy!

Dorozhand

Banned
If you read the map, OTL Greenland is called "Iceland". Iceland also has a different name.

As far as I can tell, "Greenlandic" implies more about the political system of Denmark-etc.

Or maybe the union is ruled from off-map Vinland, or somewhere else in North America, given the name Greenland.

A WIP about a novel I'm currently struggling with spinning. These are some of the companion maps for the central one... And this isn't the only world where the novel will develop.

Rising North Worlda complements.png

Status
Not open for further replies.